Home Resources Forums Nationals Meets Store
10/20/14 07:10 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the Chevy Avalanche Fan Club of North America

Become a Supporting Member

Visit the CAFCNA General Store

Home   Help Search Login Register Bookmark  
Advertisement
Put your advertisement image here...

Advertisement

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 2004 Fuel Filter?  (Read 1667 times)
spooky

Avalanche Rules!

Awards
« on: 10/18/04 12:58 PM »

Does after an hour at my dealership to change my fuel filter they said that they could not find it and it must be in the tank. Does anyone know if they did away with the fuel filter for 04 my 03 had it mounted on the frame rails? Can it be replaced?

04' Black Z71 WHB ~ loaded with full Leather, All the options!!, Liqued Metal Grill,  Hotchkis sway bar kit, Catz Rising White 4300K HID low beams, and Catz Rising White Fog Lights HId's, 3" Body Lift, Front 1.5" adusted, Weld Evo Commando XT 17X10, 35X12.5 Pro Comp AT's.,4.56 Front and Rear Gears with Eaton E-Locker, Rancho 9000X W/In Cab Adjustment and Light Force 240 Blitz offroad lights. Just added  Air Bags, Steering Dampner, 160Amp Alt, Wrangler Dual Battery Setup & 2
AVid
CAFCNA 2008 Supporting Member

Awards
« Reply #1 on: 10/18/04 01:09 PM »

Your filter is in the tank. You can read more about it Here
Sourmash
CAFCNA 2004 Supporting Member

In a world of compromise, some don't.

Awards
« Reply #2 on: 10/18/04 01:13 PM »

You went to a Chevy dealership Huh Shocked

HeavyD

Vaya Boricua

Awards
« Reply #3 on: 10/18/04 01:30 PM »

So how do you replace the fuel filter on an 04, do you have to drop the tank or something like that.

Wrngler dual batt set up, 22" chrme sumr wheels, 16" Mickey Thompson wintr wheels, Upr ext clding, Kwood DNX 7100, Infinity dr spkers, 2 Hyphonic amps, JL mg, 9" Vizualgic headrst mntr w/ built in DVD player, 7" Vizualgic sun visr mnitr, rear view camera, multi colr undr car light, HID head lghts, Westin SS bull bar with PIAA drvng lghts, EB clasics ss grille, JBA headrs, Volnt CAI, FM super 40, paintd cadi eng covr, steel slde, chrmed a/c vnts, Autowood steering wheel, 3" PA bdy lift, Hotchkis sway bars,..
ygmn
Administrator

Insert Funny Text Here _______________ .

Awards
« Reply #4 on: 10/18/04 01:35 PM »

So how do you replace the fuel filter on an 04, do you have to drop the tank or something like that.

yes.....

Thread Killer ... After I post they die?
2002 Pewter Z66 - Sept 2001
CAFCNA Album
LSU BABY!
YANKEES BABY!
SAINTS BABY!
AVid

Awards
« Reply #5 on: 10/18/04 01:49 PM »

Filter is supposed to last the life of the vehicle.  Roll Eyes
HeavyD

Vaya Boricua

Awards
« Reply #6 on: 10/18/04 01:51 PM »

Wow that is so cool for the 04, no gb light, no under hood light, only 1 light in cargo area, no lights under the dash and no lock on the console. that is just great now they put a simple fuel filter in the gas tank why would they want to do something like that, so no one would steel it  barf

Wrngler dual batt set up, 22" chrme sumr wheels, 16" Mickey Thompson wintr wheels, Upr ext clding, Kwood DNX 7100, Infinity dr spkers, 2 Hyphonic amps, JL mg, 9" Vizualgic headrst mntr w/ built in DVD player, 7" Vizualgic sun visr mnitr, rear view camera, multi colr undr car light, HID head lghts, Westin SS bull bar with PIAA drvng lghts, EB clasics ss grille, JBA headrs, Volnt CAI, FM super 40, paintd cadi eng covr, steel slde, chrmed a/c vnts, Autowood steering wheel, 3" PA bdy lift, Hotchkis sway bars,..
dav3

Awards
« Reply #7 on: 10/18/04 01:56 PM »

why would they want to do something like that, so no one would steel it  barf
I think the correct term is 'job security' for the chevy service department techs.  Wink
AVid

Awards
« Reply #8 on: 10/18/04 02:01 PM »

Maybe someone with a 2004 owners manual could check, but I believe there is no scheduled maintenence on your fuel filters. Hopefully one of our resident techs or engineers could enlighten us.
BigD10021

I love the Chevy Avalanche!

Awards
« Reply #9 on: 10/18/04 05:41 PM »

Wow that is so cool for the 04, no gb light, no under hood light, only 1 light in cargo area, no lights under the dash and no lock on the console. that is just great now they put a simple fuel filter in the gas tank why would they want to do something like that, so no one would steel it  barf
oh and I almost foregot no keyhole in passenger door.I'll have 2 check the manual.
slick

I love the Chevy Avalanche!

Awards
« Reply #10 on: 10/19/04 02:17 PM »

don't forget the lack of dual sunvisors.

Jim

2004 Z66 WBH Sport Red Metallic.  Home made bed slide. Stainless steel letters. Billet locking gas door. Line of Fire.  Flowmaster 70 series.
FSHNGUY

Chevy Avalanche, just no truck like it anywhere!!

Awards
« Reply #11 on: 10/19/04 03:14 PM »

oh I almost foregot, no keyhole in passenger door.
d

and don't forget the lack of dual sunvisors.

Jim

Those were the first two things my wife noticed!! She's still PO'd about it!!

07 Sport Red Met Z71 color matched fender flares & BSM. 5.3 PFI, All Leather Interior with Sunroof and Bose Sound, Color Matched Driver Design Hood deflector, OEM Z-71 package Nerf bars, OEM Z71 badges on C pillar, tailgate, dash, color matched Sport Wing, Fire & Ice Light bar, OEM rear seat cover, 4 HI headlights, & Amber DRL, Flex Fuel. This is my second Avalanche
HeavyD

Vaya Boricua

Awards
« Reply #12 on: 10/19/04 03:54 PM »

So this is real cool we now have a filter that if God forebid you run real low on fuel, it will take all that junk and procces it. cool.

hoberth

I love my 2004 Chevy Avalanche!

Awards
« Reply #13 on: 10/19/04 05:29 PM »

They also took the rubber rub strips off the roof rack rails. I bought them from my service dept. and put them back. In fact I'm putting back everything  they took off my '04.
Zoojelly
CAFCNA 2004 Supporting Member

Supercharged Suburbalanche

Awards
« Reply #14 on: 10/19/04 07:13 PM »

I got 2 sunvisors in my 04 maybe it was a option Grin
Inspect system for leaks & routing and check purge valve is done every 50,000 miles.

2004 Z66 Sport Red WBH adopted 9/27/04 even though it has a hole in the roof and seats made from cows skin; 
You can track my 68 GTO frameoff restoration at Performance Years
dav3

Awards
« Reply #15 on: 10/20/04 01:18 AM »

They also took the rubber rub strips off the roof rack rails. I bought them from my service dept. and put them back. In fact I'm putting back everything  they took off my '04.
Are these supposed to go under the anchor points on the rails?  what purpose would they serve?  
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: