• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

100000 kms and counting

Backroads2

Turned 100k yesterday.. Its a big number and takes up alot of space on my dash..
If you dont count 2 front bumpers, tie-rod ends, 6 universals, 2 front bearings, 2 cat converters, 4 tires, 1 trailer hitch plug, 1 rear bumper, a mystery chunk from under the drivers seat, pitmin arm, upper and lower ball joints and a drivers mirror that wouldn't defrost then it's been a fine driving experience..
I still have 6 more months of warranty left, and I look forward to every second of it.
My truck has served its purpose as the work truck I bought it for, never, not once did it leave me stranded.
I love my truck...

pydpiper said:
Turned 100k yesterday.. Its a big number and takes up alot of space on my dash..
If you dont count 2 front bumpers, tie-rod ends, 6 universals, 2 front bearings, 2 cat converters, 4 tires, 1 trailer hitch plug, 1 rear bumper, a mystery chunk from under the drivers seat, pitmin arm, upper and lower ball joints and a drivers mirror that wouldn't defrost then it's been a fine driving experience..
I still have 6 more months of warranty left, and I look forward to every second of it.
My truck has served its purpose as the work truck I bought it for, never, not once did it leave me stranded.
I love my truck...
Dave

I must agree... I love my truck too... Now change out the odometer to 43,000 kms and remove all the issues that you had, and thats what we've had so far for us..... but we only have 17,000 kms left on the warranty... Not paying over $4500.00 for extended warranty.......

I paid $1000 for my extra warranty, my last repair was $1500.
My truck would probally have went though it's life without incurring damage but it gets worked hard.. Its been off the groung on many occasions off roading, in water so deep I could fish out the window, buried half up the door in mud and dragged out by a bulldozer and driven hard daily pulling a trailer. It doesn't owe me anything.
It wasn't purchased for a pleasure vehicle, I just got lucky and it turned out to be the nicest vehicle I have had.
Prior to 50k I managed to only sacrifice 1 bearing and one u-joint, both caused from forging through water. I believe that as a daily vehicle used occasionally off road it will provide it's owner with years of problem free driving.
Enjoy your AV Chris and I hope you enjoy it for years to come!

pydpiper said:
I paid $1000 for my extra warranty, my last repair was $1500.
My truck would probally have went though it's life without incurring damage but it gets worked hard.. Its been off the groung on many occasions off roading, in water so deep I could fish out the window, buried half up the door in mud and dragged out by a bulldozer and driven hard daily pulling a trailer. It doesn't owe me anything.
It wasn't purchased for a pleasure vehicle, I just got lucky and it turned out to be the nicest vehicle I have had.
Prior to 50k I managed to only sacrifice 1 bearing and one u-joint, both caused from forging through water. I believe that as a daily vehicle used occasionally off road it will provide it's owner with years of problem free driving.
Enjoy your AV Chris and I hope you enjoy it for years to come!
Dave

If I could afford it, I would replace the minivan with another AV right now! But as I still have 42 out of 60 payments to make, will have to wait a while... This is the only vehicle that I have taken apart for MODS only... So far zero repairs.... Just normal maintenance... I hope it warm this weekend so that I can try to get the dash back together!

Congrats, Dave!! My av has just under 35,000 km and not a hitch yet either!! She has not let me down at all! STILL have 3.5 years warranty remaining!! (y)

Fitzie Sensei (formerly said:
Congrats, Dave!! My av has just under 35,000 km and not a hitch yet either!! She has not let me down at all! STILL have 3.5 years warranty remaining!! (y)
Yak

Thats almost a post per 7 kms!

dichris said:
Dave

If I could afford it, I would replace the minivan with another AV right now! But as I still have 42 out of 60 payments to make, will have to wait a while... This is the only vehicle that I have taken apart for MODS only... So far zero repairs.... Just normal maintenance... I hope it warm this weekend so that I can try to get the dash back together!
I am considering keeping it and getting a second, now that I have put it through every test you can I am convinced in is the truck for me. I spent all morning driving every truck under the sun and it still feels so good to get back into mine.
I leased this one, and as a business move I jammed a bunch of financing stuff into my lease, I bought about 80000 km up front when I picked it up to ensure no milage would accumulate like my last vehicle, so it is still well under expected milage. All that puts me at about $1000 a month, if I buy it that will be cut in half and letting me squeeze one more into the driveway. The wife is up for it, of course, her car isn't cheap and it hardly moves, if I'm going to pay for something to sit around it may as well be an Avalanche..
Good luck with that dash... I have a heated shop if you need it..

I've seen you with that truck, you baby it..as you should.. :love:
I probally drive faster through cornfields and river banks than you do on the highway.. Take care of it and it will reward you.
Like my dealership says "If I would stop breaking it they wouldn't have to fix it anymore"
I just found out my local Pharmasist drives an Av too! It's white, no good for you, we would never be able to see you.. (y)
Happy AVing!

I turned 130,000 km yesterday with 50k left of warranty. Repairs to date: one windshield, new shocks, new tires, loose tie rod end, one repaired leather seat, new set of U joints.

Very impressed so far.

GyroMan said:
I turned 130,000 km yesterday with 50k left of warranty. Repairs to date: one windshield, new shocks, new tires, loose tie rod end, one repaired leather seat, new set of U joints.

Very impressed so far.
You don't drive much ???

I think Yak's had more windshield than you with much less click.. So your dirt roads aren't as bad as his!

dichris said:
You don't drive much ???

I think Yak's had more windshield than you with much less click.. So your dirt roads aren't as bad as his!
Chris they don't use salt out in that neck of the woods .. they just sand the roads .. city and country..... Some times the sand is more like gravell ... I believe sparky has had a few winshields replaced .. Winter in Alberta has been know to be very hard on windshields ..

Nats

NatsCanAv said:
dichris said:
You don't drive much ???

Chris they don't use salt out in that neck of the woods .. they just sand the roads .. city and country..... Some times the sand is more like gravell ... I believe sparky has had a few winshields replaced .. Winter in Alberta has been know to be very hard on windshields ..

Nats
Stan

One does not put that many clicks on in Calgary!!! But you're right about windshields in Calgary.. The last time we are out there, it looked like every third vehicle had a cracked windshield!!!

I only have 28880KM on my 02 and just ran out of factory warranty, but still have my extended one. People keep joking with me that the 28K I put on driving back and forth to the dealer. Well that is not true, cause there are two trips to Muskoka and one trip to London (Pyds place) on that. ;)
My service manager said yesterday (yes it is the shop again) that he always has interesting conversations with me ???, Not quite sure what he ment by that, but we have a very good relationship. I treat him like a pro and I get what I want.(usually)

bryker said:
I only have 28880KM on my 02 and just ran out of factory warranty, but still have my extended one. People keep joking with me that the 28K I put on driving back and forth to the dealer. Well that is not true, cause there are two trips to Muskoka and one trip to London (Pyds place) on that. ;)
My service manager said yesterday (yes it is the shop again) that he always has interesting conversations with me ???, Not quite sure what he ment by that, but we have a very good relationship. I treat him like a pro and I get what I want.(usually)
Bryker

My AV has only been to the dealer twice... 1 week after purchase ( 1,000 kms ) for oil change... put some more cheap GM oil in.... and last month with 44,000 kms for the tailgate cables...... Nothing else! If I did have a problem with the AV I would probably have fixed it myself instead of getting the not a very nice person mechanics as the dealership to work on .... I JUST don't trust them! Way to many bad experiences with them!!

bryker said:

Bryker, you have LESS kilometers than I do!! I just rolled over 35,000 on my 02 as well!! :2:

bryker said:
Bryker, you have LESS kilometers than I do!! I just rolled over 35,000 on my 02 as well!! :2:

Yah, but have an excuse for your low KMs. There is nowhere to go in Lab City. >:D
Now Now Bryker! Its not Yaks fault he gets lost up there 9 months out of 12. Heck the place looks the same for 9 months... Just look at the web cam...
This is the only reason I can see him getting that many K's on his AV! It's sure isn't from driving to the GTG @ Niagara Falls! >:D

Always White

It looks like this for 9 months of the year ( at least this is what I am being told ) >:D >:D

dichris said:
Bryker

My AV has only been to the dealer twice... 1 week after purchase ( 1,000 kms ) for oil change... put some more cheap GM oil in.... and last month with 44,000 kms for the tailgate cables...... Nothing else! If I did have a problem with the AV I would probably have fixed it myself instead of getting the not a very nice person mechanics as the dealership to work on .... I JUST don't trust them! Way to many bad experiences with them!!

you are lucky. maybe teh next one I will have to have made for a GM employee, maybe then I will get one that is better.

bryker said:
you are lucky. maybe teh next one I will have to have made for a GM employee, maybe then I will get one that is better.

No luck involved..... The AV is just better built then previous vehicles I've purchased... In fact the only beef I have with my AV is .... .. .... ... .... .. .. .. .. . . Still thinking about it.... .. . .. .... .... .. . ..... .. ..... . ... oh yeh! Existing Options.... Why do I have to get bucket seats to have sunroof and why do I have to have Leather seats to get heated seats and memory position???? The other thing that bothered me was, why do I have to have Goodyear Tires, when I don't want Goodyear tires!

Back