• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

VR Straps

The web site is not currently online... :C:

The addy used to be:

www.vrstraps.com

Attachments

• I CHNGE.6.9.d.jpg
    I CHNGE.6.9.d.jpg
    94.9 KB · Views: 141
Be sure to specify you have a WBH Av as it DOES make a difference... :0:

Didnt realize I was hangin out with a couple of West Coaters... 
Humm guess my clock is wrong...  ;D

3 actually...as elementr1 is PNW...coast... ;) >:D

I still visit here once in a while to see what you guys are up to(and on occasion see if there's anything interesting in a GB that I can partake in). 

Anyhow I'm still around however the website had been hijacked and for the time being is located here http://dsdd.com/vrstrap/ 

I'm a PNWer  can I hang out too?

I Pmed VRStainless a few weeks ago and he was willing to sell me a pair... I've just been too darned busy to follow up.  :E: :E:

The VR Straps are really strong and wonderfully finished.  I bought a pair for my Silverado and am delighted.

After replacing my silly cables, I got the recall letter and picked up my "Made In China" stainless steel (?) cables.  When I eventually sell my Silverado, I'll put the China Straps on the truck and put my VRs on my new Chevy.

The name "VR" comes from Victory Red.  The guy who makes the straps drives a Victory Red Duramax and first started making them for Silverados over on the DieselPlace forum. 

Anyway, he is great to deal with and you will be immensely pleased with the product.

Steve

treythorne according to VRStainless profile he hasn't been active on this site since 02/01/05 so I doubt you will get a reply from him.... maybe you can find a set for sale on EBay or Amazon if a google search gives you zero results?

I believe I remember seeing that he sold the design out quite a few years ago and someone else was making them. Sorry, but I don't remember who it was.

I did some digging.  Talked to these folks.  These are dead.  Unfortunately.  I would like a more durable option then the standard straps.

Well it is more expensive then straps or cables but you might want to think about a bedslide device to make it easier to load and unload cargo and take the weight off the tailgate completely.
I don't see an AV model listed on their website anymore but they may have one in the shop or can custom make one off of old plans?
https://www.bedslide.com/
I have had a CargoPro bedslide since 2004 and have had zero problems with it but it is no longer made by Duraliner. It is my family's favorite feature on our AV except for the heated seats..... >:D

Planning on doing this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o3GO4EGKPs8&index=4&t=58s&list=PLDNnzFj9PTmX3sJ5Kqu5lC8eSrHPlGPzG

Vaeagleav said:
Well it is more expensive then straps or cables but you might want to think about a bedslide device to make it easier to load and unload cargo and take the weight off the tailgate completely.
I don't see an AV model listed on their website anymore but they may have one in the shop or can custom make one off of old plans?
https://www.bedslide.com/
I have had a CargoPro bedslide since 2004 and have had zero problems with it but it is no longer made by Duraliner. It is my family's favorite feature on our AV except for the heated seats..... >:D

treythorne that video shows a very inexpensive home made bedslide like device. That is definitely cheaper then a professional bedslide but think about what you are trying to accomplish....getting weight and wear and tear off of the tailgate and it's cables. That device does nothing to prevent the cables from breaking under constant or heavy use.Think of the video one under load of 1,000 lbs or more, will it slide easily and stop when you want it to without the load falling on you?
Some on this site have made bedslides from scratch using heavy drawer slides mounted to the lower cargo tiedown points and the slide floor has wheels under it to help support the weight. They should be a little safer.
I can only speak from my personal experience with a professional model bedslide and it has required zero maintenance and still works after 14 years of use under light and heavy loads including furniture and people still inside when moving with no wear and tear on the tailgate or it's cables. The company I posted a link to can make them in various load capacities from 1,000 to 2,000 lbs. with a bunch of accessories to bolt on as well.
I know budget can be a concern so get what you can afford and meets you individual needs.

Thank you,

Vaeagleav said:
treythorne that video shows a very inexpensive home made bedslide like device. That is definitely cheaper then a professional bedslide but think about what you are trying to accomplish....getting weight and wear and tear off of the tailgate and it's cables. That device does nothing to prevent the cables from breaking under constant or heavy use.Think of the video one under load of 1,000 lbs or more, will it slide easily and stop when you want it to without the load falling on you?
Some on this site have made bedslides from scratch using heavy drawer slides mounted to the lower cargo tiedown points and the slide floor has wheels under it to help support the weight. They should be a little safer.
I can only speak from my personal experience with a professional model bedslide and it has required zero maintenance and still works after 14 years of use under light and heavy loads including furniture and people still inside when moving with no wear and tear on the tailgate or it's cables. The company I posted a link to can make them in various load capacities from 1,000 to 2,000 lbs. with a bunch of accessories to bolt on as well.
I know budget can be a concern so get what you can afford and meets you individual needs.

Back