• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

My new 2005 av want to do cheap mods?

EODBlaster

I'm new to the club and a new owner of an '05 2wd WBH Av.  I'm looking for a list of low cost mods for my new toy.  Only want things I can do in my garage.  I am fairly machanically gifted.  ANy sugestion will be appreciated.

orboater said:
First Official low cost Mod.

Amber DRLs? :B:
Followed by............ Full time DRLs..........Four on high.........fogs with highs.......0-60 Voodoo mod........... >:D

Welcome to the club :B:

WARNING: once you get started, it's hard to stop

couple of simple and useful ones:

Maglite Mod

Cargo box light switch

Lettering overlays

Custom bowtie on grill

airhorn install

Rear seat headrest mod so you can remove them without tools. You don't have to move the front seats forward to drop the midgate,  you just take the rear headrests out first.

Click on my Link (picture) below and I can save you money on Chrome stuff to help dress up your Av...

Welcome to the club... (y)

EODBlaster said:
I'm new to the club and a new owner of an '05 2wd WBH Av.? I'm looking for a list of low cost mods for my new toy.? Only want things I can do in my garage.? I am fairly machanically gifted.? ANy sugestion will be appreciated.

I did all my mods in my garage though they were noy all cheap!! ;D ;D  However welcome to the club,but you have been warned, once you start, especially after viewing other peoples avs on this site it is hard to just stick with "cheap" mods.  Enkeiav is the man to go to for all things chrome!!!

Hi, I am also very new to the club.  I have a 2005 Summit White AV with cladding.  My dad :love: was able to get me an av as an early college graduation present. 

Robbi

robbiAV said:
Hi, I am also very new to the club.? I have a 2005 Summit White AV with cladding.? My dad :love: was able to get me an av as an early college graduation present.?

Robbi

welcome to the club you lucky lucky man wish I had a dad like that, you must either really make hin proud or you are just spoiled rotten (nothing wrong with that)

lol, yeah, me too.  im still in high school with no job, so cheap mods are what i like.  I too was lucky eough for my parents to buy me one :love:

Talk about bringing an "old" tread out of retirement!!!!  Ten months since last post!!! At least some one reads the threads rather then just hitting the "new" button. :laugh:   

Cheap mods.

Sail Panel lights:  less the $20.00
Line of Fire:          $75-$125.00
Painting engine Components: $20.00
Amber DRL's        Less then $20.00
FT Drl's                Less then $20.00
All 4 on High        Less then $20.00
Rear window decal: $50-$100.00
AV Z71 or Z66 decal: $20-$100.00
Elec. locking tailgate: Less then $50.00
Tint windows:    $50.00-$150.00
Custome Bowtie on power bar: decal or paint $5.00 -$25.00
Head/tail light strobes:  $100.00-$400.00 dependong on quanity
Dash trim kits: replacements: $250.00 covers: less then $100.00
Chrome or stainless or microfiber fuel door:  Less then $40.00-$100.00
Engine light: Less then $30.00
Engine cover for under hood: varries: less then $100.00

Fingures are tired :laugh: 

lol, i didnt even notice the date on this!  anyway:

aux lights behind the grill:  bout $30

(only one i can think of right now...)

bbaldri said:
more info on the all 4 on high mod please

You will find more info on that mod in this thread......
http://chevyavalanchefanclub.com/cafcna/index.php/topic,60928.0.html

Back