• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

Zuler's update

Zuler

SM 2023
SM 2005
First of all, I would like to say THANK YOU. Thanks to all who put this event on as well as all the participants. The patience, generosity and all around good nature of everyone who attended was something that I had never seen before. Thank you.
Now for those of you who were not there, you missed a great weekend and you missed this:
dsc002996di.jpg

This was the entrance to the puddle, lots of water went into the plenum and the truck is now at Bradley Chevrolet in Lake Havasu, AZ. The mechanic suspects a broken valve. I don?t think so, the engine spun freely with the plugs out. OnStar said the crank position sensor wasn?t working. I should have more info after I get back from vacation (I need it). I?ll keep you posted.
Carl

Zuler good luck with your AV... and hope you enjoy your vacation...

Hope to catch up with you again soon...

Your stuck in Laughlin buddy... >:D

Grey

Zuler and Grey sorry to hear about your problems. Glad to hear GM is taking care of you.

Actually it was three trucks...if you count Rick's two blown/ripped tires he suffered on Saturday in the hills. That was a site to see him sitting in the middle of the road with both rims on the ground.  :-[
I'm sure someone has a pic of that?

Zuler said:
First of all, I would like to say THANK YOU. Thanks to all who put this event on as well as all the participants. The patience, generosity and all around good nature of everyone who attended was something that I had never seen before. Thank you.
Now for those of you who were not there, you missed a great weekend and you missed this:
(Image)
This was the entrance to the puddle, lots of water went into the plenum and the truck is now at Bradley Chevrolet in Lake Havasu, AZ. The mechanic suspects a broken valve. I don?t think so, the engine spun freely with the plugs out. OnStar said the crank position sensor wasn?t working. I should have more info after I get back from vacation (I need it). I?ll keep you posted.
Carl

Well, good luck anyway, Carl!

That puddle didn't look that deep - a fun-looking challenge.. But that was a priceless shot...

Hopefully our Bradley Chevrolet connection will help out here.
Enjoy your vacation and keep us posted.

Todd

A quick update before I head to Florida.  The mechanic is pulling the motor to see if a piston rod is bent or damaged, 10 hours of labor on that one.  I talked with my insurance; they're going to cover most of the repair.  I'll call Chris at Bradley tomorrow and see if the gauge cluster is bad too (Caddy Gauges).  Maybe there is a silver lining.  I'll just be happy to get my truck back.

PS:  The air box mod isn't worth it.
PSS:  Does anyone know who the treasurers are for SOCAL, AZAVE, and NM?

Enjoy Florida Zuler!
Thats nice to hear the Insurance will cover most of it. The Caddy Gauges are sweet looking.

We do not have a treasurer for the Arizona Avalanches.

Todd

Zuler - If anyone needs a vacation..it's You!
Glad to hear everything is working out for you!

Two questions... Did a little blonde with a red nose from Az. touch your truck?
And.. Did you get a stock air box yet?!

Good luck, and keep us posted. Look forward to seeing you again.

Nick

Zuler said:
A quick update before I head to Florida.  The mechanic is pulling the motor to see if a piston rod is bent or damaged, 10 hours of labor on that one.  I talked with my insurance; they're going to cover most of the repair. 

Just curious. How did you get the insurance company to cover mechanical breakdown??

FSHNGUY said:
Zuler said:
A quick update before I head to Florida. The mechanic is pulling the motor to see if a piston rod is bent or damaged, 10 hours of labor on that one. I talked with my insurance; they're going to cover most of the repair.

Just curious. How did you get the insurance company to cover mechanical breakdown??

Water/flood damage.  They tend (if you carry comprehensive) to cover sucking a few gallons of water in to the motor ;)

AZREDAV said:
Actually it was three trucks...if you count Rick's two blown/ripped tires he suffered on Saturday in the hills. That was a site to see him sitting in the middle of the road with both rims on the ground.? ?:-[
I'm sure someone has a pic of that?

I have pix's of Rik's demise.? Will post them soon.? Stay tuned....

Hey Zuler, sorry to hear about your engine.  I went through that puddle earlier and it was pretty scarey....

On question 1:  No, but I've heard what happens is she does, :rolleyes: and on 2, it'll be my next (and last as my wife said) mod ;).

I hope the insurance co. won't snivel about it.  `Lot's of puddles that anyone can confront, anywhere.

Enjoy that trip!

04avfan said:
Zuler - If anyone needs a vacation..it's You!
Glad to hear everything is working out for you!

Good luck, and keep us posted. Look forward to seeing you again.

Nick

nick - I am hurt by question number two.  :6:  ;)

zuler - keep us posted about your truck. good luck. have a safe trip to fl.

well if u're gonna have something like that happen... i say DO IT IN STYLE (y)  >:D  (y)

reall shocked that insurance may end up taking care of it, i never even would have thought to make that call under the fear of being laughed at repeatedly and then hung up on.  Glad u did.  :0:

That's great news about the insurance company Zuler!

IMHO, fill that hole in the airbox right away!!
:cool:

Attachments

• thirsty1.JPG
    thirsty1.JPG
    97 KB · Views: 149
It seems to me that those of us that have done the air box mod need a (for lack of a better word) a plug for off-roading.  Does anyone have an idea for something that could used on a mudding weekend and left out for street driving?

Back