Home Resources Forums Nationals Meets Store
07/23/14 04:45 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the Chevy Avalanche Fan Club of North America

Become a Supporting Member

Visit the CAFCNA General Store

Home   Help Search Login Register Bookmark  
Advertisement
Put your advertisement image here...

Advertisement

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: CARGO STORAGE SIDE BOX  (Read 2537 times)
decoy
« on: 05/31/03 01:42 PM »

My LOCKED storage box (driver's side) on side of cargo area, "blew" open, at 60 mph, in extremely high winds. Believe me, IT WAS LOCKED, when air pressure forced it open. The "hatch" simply popped open. No harm done, when I checked it and closed it.
(2003 1500 Avalanche 4X4)
« Last Edit: 05/31/03 01:45 PM by decoy » Logged
Z66 BUTCH
CAFCNA Cruise Coordinator

I love Dachshunds

Awards
« Reply #1 on: 05/31/03 02:11 PM »

Yea, some of us have had that happen......what we figured happened was the lock WAS locked but it was not latched first! Make sure to slam it and try to pull it back up THEN lock it! The same goes for the tailgate, you need to really slam it to make sure it catches then lock it!

Butch

Production of the Avalanche may be "water under the bridge"
but our love for them lives on!
tractman
CAFCNA 2003 Supporting Member

Chevy Avalanche Makes driving fun again!!!!

Awards
« Reply #2 on: 05/31/03 02:49 PM »

I had my tailgate slam open today in a carwash and I thought something had hit my AV.
Tractman

1500 Z71 Summit White, Billet Grille, Full Time Amber DRL's, 885 Fogs, Silverstars, Chrome license plate, AV receiver cover. Bra Protector, LOF, Sail Panels, Mountain logos, Pin Striped, CargoPro, Zaino, Flowmaster 70 Series, AVIC-N1  Navigation, 4 Corners, Sport Wing.....
My AV Pics at
http://community.webshots.com/user/tractman99
tonyd
CAFCNA 2003 Supporting Member

I love the Chevy Avalanche!

Awards
« Reply #3 on: 05/31/03 03:31 PM »

I'd had problems with my lid on one of the cargo side boxes securing and determined the latch inside the box came loose and dropped a little.   Slamming it for awhile will work but the latch eventually drops to a point it won't secure.   I aligned the latch and now close my lids gently before I lock them to avoid pushing the latch down again.   I've never had them fly open though!

Z71 born june 2002, pewter, running boards, roof rack, mud flaps  
decoy
« Reply #4 on: 05/31/03 10:03 PM »

Your point is well taken. Therefore, I will clarify my post. The cargo box side box was LATCHED AND LOCKED, when air pressure popped it open, at 60 mph, in very high winds.

Posted by: Z66 BUTCH Posted on: Yesterday at 7:11pm
Yea, some of us have had that happen......what we figured happened was the lock WAS locked but it was not latched first! Make sure to slam it and try to pull it back up THEN lock it! The same goes for the tailgate, you need to really slam it to make sure it catches then lock it!

languy01

I've had my Av since Oct 2002, it's been great!

Awards
« Reply #5 on: 06/01/03 12:53 AM »

Yes--it happened to me too a few weeks after I purchased my AV, I thought my lid had blown off completely. The wind was extremely strong that day.

I saw a topic on this site soon after regarding a possible fix for this problem, it has to do with tighten the screws on the latch. I'll see if I can find that topic again.

2002 Chevy Avalanche Z66 Fully loaded Purchased 10/5/02
walshie

Awards
« Reply #6 on: 06/01/03 02:57 PM »

Similar note on the tailgate. I wired a pin switch to operate the cargo lights and yesterday wife comes home and says a dash light is on. SO i check and its the cargo light indicator. Go to check the pinswitch and tailgate isn't latched. 10 mile drive and it never opened. Then she says thats why the light kept flashing when she went over bump.

2003, Z66, Green.
Tailgate lock, Black Nerf Steps, Bedslide, Cargo light pin switch, tailgate lock blocking plate. Bugdeflector II, amber DRL's, Poron reversing sensor, Billet grill
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: