• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

Hot To Drive My New AV!!

Yellow_Lab

I have been told that it is not good to set the crusie and leave it on 65-75mph for extended periods of time within the first 5000 miles on my new motor????
Have a "Road Trip" coming up and don't want to leave the new family member behind!

What are the thoughts and experiences in relation to this topic?

LOVE THIS SITE........I need to check into CAFCNA annoymous......for some reason I painted my keys last night!

Yellow Lab I think its 500 miles break in.

I don't know what others think but it is my opinion that on a new engine you should drive it like you will always drive maybe even push it harder to break it in properly. Might not be true But it is what I always do and I never have any engine problems for the life of my vehicles.

Ghostwheel said:
I don't know what others think but it is my opinion that on a new engine you should drive it like you will always drive maybe even push it harder to break it in properly. Might not be true But it is what I always do and I never have any engine problems for the life of my vehicles.

Don't know if I believe it, but I sure do like it!!! :cool:

Maybe you might want to watch them being loaded & unloaded from the haulers, they are not treated lightly. This is the same when they are driven after dealer prep.

Yes I am a dealership tech. I see it everyday

Yellow Lab said:
I have been told that it is not good to set the crusie and leave it on 65-75mph for extended periods of time within the first 5000 miles on my new motor????
Have a "Road Trip" ?coming up and don't want to leave the new family member behind! ?What are the thoughts and experiences in relation to this topic?LOVE THIS SITE........I need to check into CAFCNA annoymous......for some reason I painted my keys last night!
That's the usual break-in advice. I took mine on a 500 mi trip the day after I picked it up. I drove it 65-70 but not at the same speed for extended periods. Also try to break in the brakes gently as much as possibble. Hopefully you won't have to make any panic stops right away. Enjoy the ride!:)

I am a hard driver from the get go! Warranties are ment to be used >:D

What if you only have a 36,000 mile warranty????
Don't get me wrong.....I'll drive it SILLY!!!

And I meant to start this one out as "How" to drive not "Hot" to drive!
Don't think of me strangely please.

This site is to addictive!

I'm moving this over to our "Questions and Answers" board where some very knowledgable people hang out and can give you some more good information on your questions.

Skidd

Back