• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

Born On Date

Tampa_Bay_Av

I have been searching for days and it has eluded me so I must ask this question when i receive the answer I am sure to feel really stupid.

and here is the question

Where do you find the "Born on Date"?

Thanks in Advance

Rich aka Tampa Bay Av

There is a sticker on the frame. On the passenger side? Just under the front door. It will tell you the week your frame was built ;)

It's also in the upper right corner of the sticker on the driver's door edge, which might be easier to find. This is the same sticker with the tire pressures. On this sticker, it's just the month and year. For example, mine says 09/01 which would be September 2001.

-- SS

To get the actual date, take your VIN to your dealer and head to the parts department. Ask for a "SPID Report"

Among all the other details on that report, which lists every RPO code and description of those codes, you'll find a Julian date for the build. 0313 for example would be the 31st day of 2003.

Drivers front door tells the month, frame sticker under the front passenger side tells the frame build date, the dealers service man can tell the exact date from the VIN. Mide keep telling me the sold date, finally found the build date, June 4, 2001.

also check born on date

Does anyone out there know how you can find out the build number of your Avalanche or it's build date. ?I would be curious what number vehicle my 2002 that I took delivery on June 1, 2001 is.

Thanks,

DRJ

Take your VIN to the parts counter at your Chevy dealer, ask for a SPID report. On it will be a build date, in Julian format. Will be in the format of 4 digits, first is the last digit of the year, then the next 3 digits are the sequential day of the year. 3010 for example would be the 10th day of 2003, or January 10, 2003.

The drivers door has the build MONTH, there is a sticker on the frame rail under the front passenger seat area that has the date the frame was build, usually about 4 or 5 days prior to the vehicle being built. The service department of a Chevy dealer can enter the VIN and tell you the official GM build date.

I recommend looking at the frame build date prior to going to the dealer. My dealer service manager swore up and down that the build date was December 2001, I made him check three times since I knew the dealer I bought it from received it in June 2001, and the frame build date was May29, 2001. Finally he found the real build date of June 4, 2001. What he had been telling me was the warranty date of when I bought the vehicle and the warranty started.

Good info guys, I don't know my baby's birthday and now I can look her up!

Butch

A sticker is mounted on the driver and passenger frames.

It is visible when you look under the front doors.

My date is 09/11/01. And I have a picture to prove it.

Well all i know is that my dad purchased mine on 5/26/01 so says my insurance card. Id have to look up production date. Anyone else beat my purchase date? lol. We got it right off the truck and then took it out to a local mountain top my dad had access to because he built the communications tower there right off the dealers lot. Truck has 138,000 miles on her now :eek:

butterfingarz said:
Well all i know is that my dad purchased mine on 5/26/01 so says my insurance card. Id have to look up production date. Anyone else beat my purchase date? lol. We got it right off the truck and then took it out to a local mountain top my dad had access to because he built the communications tower there right off the dealers lot. Truck has 138,000 miles on her now :eek:
some on here in the past (2002) had April and March 2001 if memory serves me right...

sold old it had a throttle cables not Drive by wire....

Dr.J said:
Does anyone out there know how you can find out the build number of your Avalanche or it's build date.  I would be curious what number vehicle my 2002 that I took delivery on June 1, 2001 is.

Thanks,

DRJ

Mine is on the sticker on the driver's side door. It's an '04 model built in 8/03 if I recall correctly.

The
ske1eter said:
Mine is on the sticker on the driver's side door. It's an '04 model built in 8/03 if I recall correctly.
The door sticker is the generic build month... for future Part issues..

but the actual date the frame was sent to the line is onthe frame sticker and shows the day of the week not just the month and year...

Texascwgrl said:
OK... My frame date is May 26, 2001
My last four of my vin is: 8125, what does that mean...

In reality, means nothing :)

Take your full VIN to a dealer and ask for a SPID report, it'll have the date.

Frame dates are not very relevant, as they are manufactured potentially weeks or months in advance of the final assembly of the vehicle.

The "born on date" is the final assembly date.

My born date is 11/18/04  picked up from dealer DEC 05 cladded on the frame sticker it has WBH -that would be  With body hardware I thought WBH stood for without Body Hardware go figure the AV swings both ways :laugh: now that's funny

shandar said:
My born date is 11/18/04 picked up from dealer DEC 05 cladded on the frame sticker it has WBH -that would be With body hardware I thought WBH stood for without Body Hardware go figure the AV swings both ways :laugh: now that's funny

Can't equate the WBH frame tag with WBH as an RPO.

That frame is the same across Avalanche, EXT, Suburban, Yukon XL and Denali XL.  The WBH on it is a supplier code to identify it, nothing more.

5-15-01 and my plate number starts with 6V, the earliest CA commercial plates I've seen on an AV are 6T so mine must be pretty close to the earliest.

You can also go to the dealer, give them the VIN, and they can give you a print out of where and when every part of your AV was assembled, delivered and all warranty work etc. :B:

Bringing up an old thread... does anyone know when the first Avs rolled off the line?  We were talking about it this past weekend... mine was built 6/11/01... I know there are a couple older ones out there though.  I am probably going to get  :beating: because I am sure there is already a thread, but I did a search and couldn't find it, I promise  >:D

Back