• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

WEIRD STUFF Happening ??????

RONALDFS

SM 2011
SM 2010
SM 2009
SM 2008
SM 2007
SM 2006
SM 2005
SM 2004
SM 2003
I have had a couple of weird things happen lattley, the first one was a couple of weeks ago I started my truck up in the morning and I noticed that the "SERVICE 4WD" was up on the DIC. ?After checking things out I noticed that I had no indicater light on for the 2hi or any other functon on the 4x4 switch. ?I drove it a few times and latter on in the day I noticed that I had the indicator light back on and the "SERVICE 4WD" was gone.

This morning I go out and start the truck up and had no radio sound. ?I did have power but no sound to any station. ?I turned the truck off and on several times and nothing. ?I came out of work several hours latter and started the truck up and "whola" the radio works.

Has anyone had simular problems? ?Because these were only tempararey I do not know what the problem was and do not know if it will come back or not.

I did do the light mods with the dioeds and connectors several months ago but NEVER had any problems since and was worried that if I brought it back to the dealer the first thing they would do is look in the fuse box and see the connectors and tell me that nothing is covered.

Any help will be greatly apreciated!!!!

RON

Ron I can tell you the service 4wd is a real trouble and chevy knows about it. Now heres the good part when you bring it in they will tell you no fix for it at this time. There are other posts on this in this section. Good luck.

SORRY,
I should have mention that my truck is a 2003, 1500 4x4. I have 5000 miles on it and picked it up in Dec of 2002. When I bought it they replaced the 4x4 switch cause it read service 4x4 when I test drove it but that was several months ago.

Thanks,
RON

I have had the no sound through the radio problem. I also have XM and at times get the no signal problem. I suspect that the "BUSSED" architecture on the '03s has issues and "power on" messages aren't getting to the amp.

I wonder what the fix is? Have you taken it to the dealer yet?

-Ed

I have not taking it to the dealer YET!!!!! :8: If I do should I disconnect the light mods that I did in the fuse box or should it be O.K ???

I saw the TBS on another thread. Does anyone know what TBS stands for?. I printed this out and will bring it to the dealer if I end up going.

Thanks,
RON

If you mean TSB instead of TBS, that's a Technical Service Bulletin. TSBs are NOT recalls and as such, dealers are under no obligation to perform anything related to them. The purpose of a TSB is to expedite the search for a cause and resolution of common problems for the dealer's service department. If a problem becomes common, a TSB is posted along with the suggested fix. Rather than troubleshoot and spend time trying to track down the problem and potential solution, a quick reference to the TSBs found on the Techline computer in the service department can save tons of time.

Had the same thing happen on my radio last week. Turned the truck off...turned it back on....and it worked.

Your guess is as good as mine.

I have had the service 4WD message, too at about 450 miles. I think that if everything functions normally after 3 engine starts, then the computer re-sets itself (sounds like that's what happened to yours...mine too). I took mine in anyway. They reprogrammed my 4WD based on an older TSB, but what Dwayne says is correct...there is no official fix for the newer TSB. Mine hasn't malfunctioned since, but we'll see.

Rich

Back