Home Resources Forums Nationals Meets Store
10/31/14 05:56 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the Chevy Avalanche Fan Club of North America

Become a Supporting Member

Visit the CAFCNA General Store

Home   Help Search Login Register Bookmark  
Advertisement
Put your advertisement image here...

Advertisement

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: GMS vs. GM Supplier Pricing- (READ 1ST POST BEFORE asking and questions)  (Read 67439 times)
fear1

I love the 2007 EXT

WWW Awards
« Reply #100 on: 02/07/08 04:05 AM »

Sorry about your Dad. I haven't run into this situation yet. You should be able to call the GM Benefit Center and ask them if it can be done.      1-800-489-4646.  You will most likely need his Social Security number. If he was in the union, maybe the union hall can help.

AVid

Thank you for your kind thoughts.  It was a very rough time for me, I think it took me about 18 months before I actually got back to normal.

I will give the GM Benifits Center a call, thank you for the info.

Larry

07 Gold Mist Cadillac EXT with every option offered, well, naturally I am not including color options.Current upgrades, K&N Intake.

SOLD - 07 Black LTZ w/ Gibson Extreme Dual Cat-back, K&N intake and T-Rex billet grill.
jeffbco

Awards
« Reply #101 on: 03/06/08 02:35 PM »

I just want to make sure I understand all of this - the GMS price is eligible for current incentives?  For example if the GMS price is $41,105 I can reduce that further by $2,000 OR I can finance the $41,105 with 0%/60 months??  Thanks.
Avalanche Fox

Awards
« Reply #102 on: 03/06/08 03:01 PM »

I just want to make sure I understand all of this - the GMS price is eligible for current incentives?  For example if the GMS price is $41,105 I can reduce that further by $2,000 OR I can finance the $41,105 with 0%/60 months??  Thanks.

u are absolutely correct... great job understanding the program thumbs_up
Avalanche Fox

Awards
« Reply #103 on: 03/06/08 03:01 PM »

oh ya... and as an afterthought, if u'r dealer charges any doc fees, u can get that down to a flat $75 or less as well thumbs_up
jeffbco

Awards
« Reply #104 on: 03/06/08 03:27 PM »

u are absolutely correct... great job understanding the program thumbs_up
You guys (and gals) are great - I almost left $1,600 on the table - for whatever reason I thought the internet price I was quoted was less than the supplier price until I relaized the internet price had already been reduced by the $2K rebate.
Avalanche Fox

Awards
« Reply #105 on: 03/06/08 03:55 PM »

that is a VERY common mistake... although, now that u're $1,600 richer, u gotta come to the nationals   idea
jeffbco

Awards
« Reply #106 on: 03/07/08 07:46 AM »

that is a VERY common mistake... although, now that u're $1,600 richer, u gotta come to the nationals   idea
OK - I am confused now...and my dealer too.  I have a GM Supplier number (GSU) provided by one of the members of the board.  When I go to www.gmfamilyfirst.com I can access a pull down menu that's labeled "supplier pricing" and in fact when I find the vehicle I want the page before I actually go to the window sticker shows "MSRP" and "Supplier Price" but when the dealer showed me the invoice, the Supplier Price from the GMFamilyFirst website is really the GMS price and there's another (higher price) listed as supplier price.  Is the website wrong and it's actaully showing GMS price and not supplier price?  Thanks.
jeffbco

Awards
« Reply #107 on: 03/07/08 08:00 AM »

OK - I am confused now...and my dealer too.  I have a GM Supplier number (GSU) provided by one of the members of the board.  When I go to www.gmfamilyfirst.com I can access a pull down menu that's labeled "supplier pricing" and in fact when I find the vehicle I want the page before I actually go to the window sticker shows "MSRP" and "Supplier Price" but when the dealer showed me the invoice, the Supplier Price from the GMFamilyFirst website is really the GMS price and there's another (higher price) listed as supplier price.  Is the website wrong and it's actaully showing GMS price and not supplier price?  Thanks.
I figured it out - the web is amazing.  I was seeing GMS pricing when I pulled down "Search Dealer Inventory" and when I used "Supplier Pricing" I did get the the correct amount.  I guess I was surprised that the GMS price is out there for the public to see.  Thanks for bearing with my confusion. 
Avalanche Fox

Awards
« Reply #108 on: 03/10/08 12:09 PM »

glad u got it worked out... i'm sure others had the same question so i'm glad u asked thumbs_up
Bassgod

I love the Chevy Avalanche

Awards
« Reply #109 on: 03/17/08 11:47 AM »

oh ya... and as an afterthought, if u'r dealer charges any doc fees, u can get that down to a flat $75 or less as well thumbs_up
When we purchase using a Friends and Family Cert, 75 bucks or less covers all doc fees?
Avalanche Fox

Awards
« Reply #110 on: 03/21/08 08:35 AM »

When we purchase using a Friends and Family Cert, 75 bucks or less covers all doc fees?

that would be correct thumbs_up
Avalanche Fox

Awards
« Reply #111 on: 03/21/08 08:36 AM »

... as an afterthought, here's an example...

in ca, my dealer had a $45? or $55? doc fee so of course it just stayed the same

here my dealer doesn't have one at all so of course that just stays zero... other places may have a $299, $399, ? ? ? doc fee, well those have to be brought down... hope that helps...
Flint4x4
CAFCNA 2014 Premium Member

Awards
« Reply #112 on: 03/21/08 08:46 AM »

I figured it out - the web is amazing.  I was seeing GMS pricing when I pulled down "Search Dealer Inventory" and when I used "Supplier Pricing" I did get the the correct amount.  I guess I was surprised that the GMS price is out there for the public to see.  Thanks for bearing with my confusion. 

Employees can give the GMS price to eligible family members but still have to authorize them same as giving a GSU #
Family members can't log-in so the GMS price is posted for convenience, there are alot of eligible family members.

Spouse
Children
Stepchildren
Grandchildren
Stepgrandchildren
Grandparents (including in-law and step)
Parents
Stepparents
Siblings (including full, half and step)
Mother-/father-in-law
Sons-/daughters-in-law
Brothers-/sisters-in-law
Same-sex domestic partners (SSDP) of eligible participants also qualify, where applicable. (Note: Eligible SSDPs are treated the same as spouses and therefore, their eligible family members are also included.)

"Men are born ignorant, not stupid. They are made stupid by education."  - Bertrand Russell
dukestar

Awards
« Reply #113 on: 03/22/08 05:48 AM »

Question.  Just talking to my Mom and found out that my Grandmother worked for GM back in 60's early 70's.
 I guess I was to young to remember.  In fact she just turned 88. 

Am I available for employee pricing? 

If so, can you use the employee pricing with the rebates and 0% financing?

Dukestar

If you ain't first, your last.
Z66 BUTCH
CAFCNA Cruise Coordinator

I love Dachshunds

Awards
« Reply #114 on: 03/22/08 05:54 AM »

Question.  Just talking to my Mom and found out that my Grandmother worked for GM back in 60's early 70's.
 I guess I was to young to remember.  In fact she just turned 88. 

Am I available for employee pricing? 

If so, can you use the employee pricing with the rebates and 0% financing?

I doubt it.

Butch

dukestar

Awards
« Reply #115 on: 03/22/08 06:00 AM »

Ok, what can be used? If anything.

Just looking at all my options.

Dukestar

Flint4x4

Awards
« Reply #116 on: 03/22/08 08:05 AM »

Current employees can give GMS to a wide range of family, not sure if retired GM employees can. Butch or AVid   Huh

dukestar, someone might get you a GSU# (supplier discount) here. The rules are always subject to change, GMS discount used to be employee only but expanded to parents/children/siblings and now to it's present expanse. Chrysler just shortened thier list of who is "family".

"Men are born ignorant, not stupid. They are made stupid by education."  - Bertrand Russell
dukestar

Awards
« Reply #117 on: 03/22/08 12:24 PM »

Thumbs up! Thank You.  I just finished talking with the dealership and they will honor the family discount along with 0% financing, but no rebate money.  Still will save me a few thousand dollars.

Just waiting to get the info from my Grandma and then probably cut the deal.

Sounds like a decent deal 41,220.94 out the door including tax,title and doc fees.

Black 08 Avalanche 2lt.

Any opinions good or bad would be helpful.

Dukestar

Steel

Awards
« Reply #118 on: 04/16/08 11:40 AM »

I didn’t read through all the pages of this thread, so forgive me if this question has already been asked:

Can the GM Supplier Pricing Program be used for leasing?

In other words, will a dealer use Supplier Pricing for the Capitalized Cost on a lease?

Also, can I use the allowable redemption points from my GMcard in conjunction with a Supplier Pricing Cert.?

Lookin’ to lease a 2008 cts for the wife.

'11 EXT Lux AWD (traded)
'07 Avalanche LTZ 4x4 (traded)
'12 Corvette Z06 Centennial/Carbon 3LZ
cz3cqg
CAFCNA 2010 Supporting Member

2013 LTZ Fairway Metallic Green

Awards
« Reply #119 on: 04/16/08 07:37 PM »

I didn’t read through all the pages of this thread, so forgive me if this question has already been asked:

Can the GM Supplier Pricing Program be used for leasing?

In other words, will a dealer use Supplier Pricing for the Capitalized Cost on a lease?

Also, can I use the allowable redemption points from my GMcard in conjunction with a Supplier Pricing Cert.?

Lookin’ to lease a 2008 cts for the wife.

The last I knew, GM card earnings could not be used with any discount. The GM Extended Family Card Earnings can be. [Check with dealer for the rules change from time to time.] The certificate can be used for leasing.

2010 Laser Blue LTZ
Steel

Awards
« Reply #120 on: 04/17/08 04:43 AM »

[Check with dealer for the rules change from time to time.]

You’re not kiddin’, this rule seems to flop back and forth.

When I bought the Av in May’06 I used my GM points with supplier pricing and the dealer told me the “rules” were soon to change to not allow it.

Then I bought the Hummer in Dec’07 and the dealer said no to GM points w/supplier pricing, then he did some checking and let me use them.

I think this “rule” changes like the wind. Thanks for the leasing info. 

'11 EXT Lux AWD (traded)
Flint4x4

Awards
« Reply #121 on: 04/17/08 04:44 AM »

I got a GM Loyaty thing from my dealer yesterday, I'm not shoping so usually ignore current discounts.

It said $2000.00 additional off Avalanche/Silverado/Suburban/Tahoe/Yukon if you own a 1999 or newer GM vehicle.

The GM Loyalty discount varies on other GM models but is worth checking into when comparing prices.

Steel

Awards
« Reply #122 on: 04/17/08 06:43 AM »

I got a GM Loyaty thing from my dealer yesterday, I'm not shoping so usually ignore current discounts.

It said $2000.00 additional off Avalanche/Silverado/Suburban/Tahoe/Yukon if you own a 1999 or newer GM vehicle.

The GM Loyalty discount varies on other GM models but is worth checking into when comparing prices.

Here's the LINK for current GM Loyalty discounts (Good through 4/30/08).

'11 EXT Lux AWD (traded)
Intimidatoruag

Tatertown Posse Member #5

Awards
« Reply #123 on: 04/17/08 06:54 AM »

I got the same thing Flint ... too bad I got two new vehicles already .... there went $2k ....
Flint4x4

Awards
« Reply #124 on: 04/17/08 08:25 AM »

Rebates or other discounts are prone to change monthly. Some discount programs get extended.
This is the place to ask, someone here knows or will try to find out for you, it's worth researching.

Example: supplier discount, loyalty discount, military discount(if it's still offered) add up to $$$ quick

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: