• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

GMS vs. GM Supplier Pricing- (READ 1ST POST BEFORE asking and questions)

scuba

[size=15pt]GMS (General Motors Stock) is for employee's of General Motors including employees of dealerships

GM Supplier is for people that work for companies that supply GM with services, i.e. UPS, Halliburton, Superior Wheel.....  If you use the GM Supplier Discount for Friends thread http://www.chevyavalanchefanclub.com/cafcna/index.php/topic,93754.0.html you will recieve this price

EXAMPLE
MSRP*: $47,720.00
Supplier Price $43,486.66  This is the price if you are a GM Supplier
GMS Price: $41,614.03  This is the price if your are a GM employee

scuba said:
GMS is for employee's of GM, i.e. dealerships, GM

GM Supplier is for people that work for companies that supply GM with services, i.e. UPS, Halliburton, Superior Wheel.....

Can we get a sticky for this?

That's a good idea. I have explained this a number of times already.

which is better, hands down gms employee discount. you get more discount.
supplier is just acouple thousand. employee is mucho more ;D ;D
but, with the employee discount, who ever the employee is the vehicle has to be in their name for 6 months!!!!! this is to (try to atleast) keep friends and strangers from getting the discount. unless you trust the stranger that has asked for this favor :2:

Rxzruby
:B:

rxzruby .... not true on the vehicle being in there name for six month .... my father-in-law work for GM and we (wife and I) get the discount ... his name is no where to be found on the title .... only thing we had to do was had the auth# that he got from the web site (gmfamilyfirst.com - correct site?? not sure) .... never once had to have his name on the titlle and I've had almost 10 new GM vehicles now ....

supplier discount is also not that far off GMS .... when I priced out a new AV (before I got my 2003) I found the difference was only $1400 bucks between the two discounts ....

Intimidatoruag said:
rxzruby .... not true on the vehicle being in there name for six month .... my father-in-law work for GM and we (wife and I) get the discount ... his name is no where to be found on the title .... only thing we had to do was had the auth# that he got from the web site (gmfamilyfirst.com - correct site?? not sure) .... never once had to have his name on the titlle and I've had almost 10 new GM vehicles now ....

I think he meant as a "Friend" of a GM employee.?

A GM employee cannot buy a vehicle at GMS and sell the vehicle in less than six months.

As his Daughter she is entitled to get her Fathers GMS Discount & I believe that you as her spouse are also entitled.

Intimidatoruag said:
supplier discount is also not that far off GMS .... when I priced out a new AV (before I got my 2003) I found the difference was only $1400 bucks between the two discounts ....

You are correct.? If I remember correctly, the difference between GMS & Supplier when I bought my AV was about $1500 to $2000

GMS = employee discount = GM employee/retiree or surviving spouse
Family members can also get the GMS price but they too must keep the vehicle in thier name for at least 6 months or the person who issues them the discount can lose thier priveledges.
Family members eligible for GMS include mother,father,sister,brother,spouse,children and yeah you they can also be stepmother or halfbrother etc.

GM Supplier Pricing is the discount GM venders or suppliers are eligible for and also the same discount you can get from a GM employee, ie GMintheDriveway program

GM Supplier Discount is GMS price + 4%.  Plus any rebates and $ help offers that GM is offering the public. 

I work for a GM Supplier and we bought our last mini-van with it. Van stickered for $32K and Supplier D. plus incentives knocked $8600 off of sticker. Shweet!!  :cool:

I am eligible for the family discount/GMS and it helps quite a bit. The only drawback is that my brother gets taxed on the amount of the discount at the rate used for bonuses. He's always reminding us that he owns part of our vehicle. I kind of feel for him because me and my four other brothers usually buy our cars in the same two weeks, it's like a domino effect.

I HAVE STARTED TO USE THE GM SUPPLIER PRICING.  WORKING WELL AT THIS POINT.  I JUST HAVE TO PICK THE AV.  DIE ANYONE KNOW HOW BAD THE 410 REAR GEARS EFFECT THE MPG.  SOME HAVE TOLD BE VERY LITTLE BUT I DO ABOUT HALF MY DRIVING AROUND IN TRAFFIC AND THE OTHER HALF AT 70-75 MPH.  WHAT EFFECT WILL THE 419 HAVE?

ALSO LOOKLING AT 2005 WITH A FACTORY NAV SYSTEM.  HAS ANYONE HAD ANY PROBLENS?  DO THEY WORK WELL?  I HAVE BEEN USING A KEENWOOD 2100.

treebumper said:
I am eligible for the family discount/GMS and it helps quite a bit. The only drawback is that my brother gets taxed on the amount of the discount at the rate used for bonuses. He's always reminding us that he owns part of our vehicle. I kind of feel for him because me and my four other brothers usually buy our cars in the same two weeks, it's like a domino effect.
What?!  Your brother gets taxed on the amount of the discount?!  I think he's telling you stories.  My wife is a GM employee and our family has bought many GM vehicles and we've never been taxed.  I can't even see how GM could legally do tax her on it.

You don't get taxed on the discount and neither does the employee that gets the discount for someone. If GM sells a car built here with rebates and discounts at a loss they can. If it's not made here or in a free trade area then it's dumping.

I know what you mean Flint. I read that post and I'm still scratching my head. Does he really think our group would have provided 90 GMID discounts last month  if we had to pay taxes on them?

AVid

I'm new here in the club and plan to buy my first AV.
I have two questions;

Can someone here "The GM Employees" please help me find a new 2005 Victory Red, Z71, With cladding, 4.1, Leather seats any where in CA/OR???Actually I don't to involve the dealer here??? :E:

If I have to order my AV and do get a GMID from one of you "great? :love:" people, do I use the GMID up front to order my AV or use it when I get my delivery?? What is the wait time here?? Any thing else I have to consider when I order one?? :E:

Thanx!!

-AJ

You can search your local dealerships inventory yourself by going to GM Buy Power. You may be too late to order a 2005 Avalanche. A friend ordered one last week and is still waiting to hear if the factory will accept it. In any case, you would tell the dealer up front you have a GMID authorization.

AVid

I found one in Santa Rosa

SANTA ROSA CHEVROLET
2770 CORBY AVE, SANTA ROSA, CA 95407-5746

VIN: 3GNEK12Z45G260235

Can you please give me the MSRP, GMID & GMS on this??

Thanx!!

-AJ

AJ said:
I found one in Santa Rosa

SANTA ROSA CHEVROLET

Can you please give me the MSRP, GMID & GMS on this??

More info please, color, trim color, 2WD/4/WD, 1500/2500, LS, Z71, LT etc ?
I can only read the VIN after I click on a specific truck.
Too time consuming to click each one.

Here you go..

SANTA ROSA CHEVROLET

Color: Victory Red
Trim Color: Tan/neutral
4WD
Z71

Thanx!!

-AJ

Exterior: Victory Red 
Interior: Tan/neutral 
MSRP:* $42,655.00 
Supplier:** $37,806.32 

You that doesn't include rebates or the HotButton discount this month

Thanx!! Flint4x4

The dealer already gave a quote of $35,284 on my email...after rebate.

Do you think in is a good deal...

-AJ

AJ said:
The dealer already gave a quote of $35,284 on my email...after rebate.

Do you think it is a good deal...

With a GMID (supplier price) Supplier:** $37,806.32 
subtract $3,000.00 out west and minus $1000.00 Hot Button
rebates $3,500.00 everywhere else plus $1,000 Hot Button

Do you get the 0%-3.9% finance with the $35,284 price tag ?
If you don't use the GMAC finance and take the rebate.

$37,806.32
-$3500.00
-$1000.00
=&33,306.32

This what he gave me..

The AVALANCHE has a Rebate of $2500 plus $1000 Bonus Cash
Total $3500.
There is a direct mail coupon  rebate - if you have it.
And a military rebate if applied.

now on Rebate above - $2500 can be substituted for a 2.9% for 5 yrs
or a 3.9% for 6 yrs.  I don't think that would be a good deal  - unless your
credit score maybe a tier 3 and lower.

:7: ???

-AJ

My chart shows

$3000 rebate out west
$1000 hot button
That's still $33,806
If you get military discount subtract that too

Back