• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

door speaker replacement and door panel removal for 2002 avalanche

jd0582

I have just become a member of the fanclub and have read a couple of postings on this topic, but I was just wandering how to take the door panels off of a 2002 av to get to the speakers and what are some good replacement speakers that are not over expensive.  Thanks and I hope to talk to all you guys and girls soon.

Welcome.

This topic is covered extensively.  Click the search button and use "door panel removal" for a search term.  Also good results under "door handle replacement" as it requires the same work.

It's late, or I'd like some of the popular results ;)

Some even have nice GM diagrams.

The 02's are pretty easy. Click HERE for My Album and I have diagrams posted that show how-to. Personally I went with Kicker 65.2's for my doors. They offered the RMS wattage I wanted for a decent price.

i am looking to this myself... im leaning over rockford fostgate P162S components with rockford fostgate T162C coax. powered by the 1200 watt rockford fostgate amp... i actually have seen this in action... and in MY OPINION, i like these better than type r's... i have also heard the type r's components and coax... please dont flame :-X... just stating my opinion...

~dre~

Back