• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

I got a lot of problems and questions

ddcutlass77

Ok don't know where to start but here it goes. I love my truck but its a lemon. First it was the cluster had the replaced 4 times the steering shaft is going in next week, the rear end blew, trans doesn't like to shift after I put the pedal to floor when I put out in traffic and let up, power steering is stiff at idle, That the y pipe replaced and the drivers side exhaust manifold replaced. The new cats smell.

Oh ya everything started to go within the last 6000 miles

Has anyone else had similar issues?

Also I want to dress it up after everything gets fix I found a hood but it said for avas without cladding. What's the differents?

What year Av?  Did you buy it new or used?  How many miles total on the truck?

-WW

ddcutlass77 said:
Also I want to dress it up after everything gets fix I found a hood but it said for avas without cladding. What's the differents?

Without Cladding = WBH = Silverado; different hood design. Headlights are different, too.

Welcome to the club.....

I suggest reading some other posts in this problem section to see if you can find any others who had problems like yours....and found the proper fix from the dealership....

you state the cluster was replaced 4 times...why?

I'm not quite buying into your AV story bro.  I saw your other post where you complaint about front end problems when cornering over 30 mph.  Who corner's an AV at over 30?  It's a rhetorical question.  Don't answer.

Its an 2002. bought it used with 33k. I took it back to the dealer and have service records a mile long with all the problems. The stearing problem was the steering shaft thats going to be replaced next week.

Sorry HOUND but I gota answer your question with a question what do you do when driving down the street? do you come to a crawl when you come to a corner?? sorry I had to. You know if the speed limit is 40 or 50 Im going to do 40 or 50 around that corner. and Living in Mass we got pot holes and patches in the pavement the size of the Grand Cannon and when you hit those it it sure does feel like the truck is going to fall apart.

The dealership is give me the run around I just want to fix it myself sick and tired of bring it there.

The cluster was replaced because the speedo stoped working the ones they replaced it with was also bad if it wasnt the speedo it was one of the other gages. Its fixed now!!

Thanks RENORCR  did know that that sux I liked that hood 2!!!

I'm going to keep the truck so any info that will help me fix this will help.

Maybe the "corners" in Mass are different then they are down here.  We have 90 degree turns.  This rig is not effective in a 30+ mph 90 degree turn.

If the steering wheel has to be cranked a half turn or more, I think 30+ is ill-advised.

To each his own, though.  Possibly the problems you're having with the rig are the result of overly aggressive driving and stress on the parts.  Maybe.

So you live in Miami!! I used to live in FL but it was Jacksonville :D:.  I will say my driving is ruf but I learned my lesson when I was 16 and end up around a tree. I wont speed at all under the speed limit or 5 above thats all. You go a nice truck I need to get some Pic of mine up.

Four clusters, trans problems, plugged cat, messup's like that can all be directed to a resistive-intermittent ignition switch.

Trans and other trouble from over-oiled aftermarket air filters. A lot of other chain-of events from either aftermarket items (even some remote starters!) to the famous ign switch. When I hear "four cluster's" and "Trans" it kinda gives that away.

If you didn't have all that happening from the switch, what remains may just incidental instead of "lemon".

Hound said:
I'm not quite buying into your AV story bro.? I saw your other post where you complaint about front end problems when cornering over 30 mph.? Who corner's an AV at over 30?? It's a rhetorical question.? Don't answer.
I DO!! LOL!!!!

:laugh:I must say that he is full of bs. I got a 2002 z66 and I got no problems like him. best dam truck I have ever had

Back