• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

Z66 Lemon

Chalky

I have been fighting with my dealership about my truck for months and I?m sick of it. My truck is less then a year old, has 8000 miles on it and I?m currently not enjoying driving it. I have Warped cover panels, (that I was told happens and to live with it). An incessant popping when I turn the wheels at full lock, (that?s been looked at twice and still occurs). My transmission jumps into gear, won?t go into gear and slips out of gear and then catches. This happens mostly at slow speeds or after a turn, (dealer says its fine). The drivers window seems like its pressed into the jam to tight and it peeled my tint off. Now I run no tint on the front two windows, (looks stupid) again dealer said that?s not a warranty issue. To top it all off every time I do drop it off the dealer provides no loaner, (unlike my last car did, an Acura) so I have to get someone to follow me to the dealership or have them shuttle me home.
First, is this enough to go to the BBB with?
If so has anyone that's done this have any advice for me?
What do I need documentation wise?
What happens after they tell me what I already know, that the Trucks a lemon?

I appreciate any help or pointing me towards a post that might have already covered this topic. My search didn?t come up with anything substantial.

Try looking at another dealer or call GM directly

Chalky,

I agree with HeavyD... try another dealer and contact GM. But to answer your inquiry:

1. You need all of your repair orders and documentation. Photographs of the warped covers will help. Use a straight-edge (yardstick) to demonstrate the warping.

2. The window tint... was it factory installed or aftermarket?

3. No loaner? That is a relatively recent GM service "amenity" for people who have their vehicles kept overnight. It may be worth mentioning, but they are not required to give you a ride. Your state laws may vary.

4. OK. BBB arbitration, mediation, lemon-laws, and buybacks. Well these vary state-to-state also (surprise!). The best thing you could do is check with the Missouri Secretary of State (or whatever agency licenses/titles vehicles there) and see what their "lemon-law" regulations are. Let me give you a hypothetical example:

State X requires that the manufacturer "buy-back" a vehicle if it has been in more than 3 times in 12 months for the same complaint, or has had 12 repairs in the past year, or has been in warranty repair for a total of 30 days over a 12 month period of time.

Typically, to be successful, you must try your dealer, another dealer, GM's consumer relations (get a case #), arbitration-mediation-legal buyback.

Document, Document, Document! Service records, phone calls, conversations with the dealers and GM.

GM will buyback a bad vehicle if you prove it. I don't know if they still do "tradeouts" (vehicle swaps).

BTW. Was your Av built on a Monday or Friday? Tequila.

James

PS. Think your problem is bad? A Mexican-built Yukon was "lived in" before it was shipped to the U.S. They used the back of the truck as an outhouse.? :D:

(editted to correct spelling)

Back