• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

Camping for the SoCal MegaMeet II

RIKrotorhead

SM 2004
EDIT: Please go >HERE< to pay for camping.

Today Mudd, his wife, and myself took a drive to the meet location. We scouted a couple of locations for camping and lodging in the area.

Who's camping list:

01. RIKrotorhead.......................Travel Trailer
02. Mudd....................................Motorhome (which one?)
03. Derweinerbell.......................Motorhome
04. Goncrazi...............................AV tent + 1 puppy
05. RoarinRow............................Travel Trailer + 1 pet
06. Santa Fe Dreamin'................Motorhome
07. AVKING.................................Travel Trailer + ? pets
08. Charcoal Z66........................AV tent
09. Ghostwheel..........................Travel trailer + 1 pet
10. Chaz.....................................Travel trailer + 1 main pet & 3 aux pets
11. KINGAVALANCHE...................Tent/AV tent?
12. jerbo.....................................AV tent
13. LuckyDawg............................On top of AV

Camping:

There is a very nice campground 1 mile to the southwest of the meet location. We have secured an area with trees, hookups (water/electric/cable TV), dump station/swimming pool, recreation room, store, laundry, showers, and a fishing pond.

The group rate for 10 or more is $29 per night. We set aside an area nestled into the trees next to the pool. The sites are level and large. Tent camping is also approved. Pets are an additional $3 per night.?

Here is the link to the campground-->LINK

Here are some shots I took of the campsites.....

Attachments

• campsites 1.JPG
    campsites 1.JPG
    64.4 KB · Views: 285
  • campsites 2.JPG
    campsites 2.JPG
    66.6 KB · Views: 281
Here are a couple more shots from the campground....

They should have put a little more thought into the sign tho'....

Attachments

• pool dump station.JPG
    pool dump station.JPG
    66.8 KB · Views: 279
  • pool.JPG
    pool.JPG
    33.6 KB · Views: 279
I will get more specific with this thread, but this is the campground that is closest and nicest.

We need to know ASAP how many people will be camping, so that we may give them the deposit to hold this group area.

Please chime in soon if you intend to camp.
:cool:

Specifically, we've secured "The Boomerang" area: sites 61-70, and "Shady Niche"; sites 71-76 as overflow.? Very near the swimming pool.? (Right side of map)...

Attachments

• sitemap.jpg
    sitemap.jpg
    89 KB · Views: 264

OK, I modified my original post to contain a list of people staying at the campground.
I would advise all that are pretty sure they are going and would be camping, to chime in early. We will probably fill up this campground quick.

I can't wait to jump into the Dump Station Swimming Pool!
:D:

Put us down for a maybe.  Still hoping around for a 19' TT.  Hope to have ours soon.  ;D

We have 15 sites available. 6 are taken.
If you plan to camp, get your name on the list ASAP.

The campground is right next to the MegaMeet location. Very convenient and nice.

RoarinRow said:
Put us down for a maybe.? Still hoping around for a 19' TT.? Hope to have ours soon.? ;D

Put us down as a for sure.  We just purchased our 28' TT today, yeeehaaa!

RoarinRow said:
RoarinRow said:
Put us down for a maybe.? Still hoping around for a 19' TT.? Hope to have ours soon.? ;D

Put us down as a for sure.? We just purchased our 28' TT today, yeeehaaa!

Wow! Congratulations!!

OK, pics please......

RIKrotorhead said:
RoarinRow said:
RoarinRow said:

Put us down as a for sure.? We just purchased our 28' TT today, yeeehaaa!

Wow! Congratulations!!

OK, pics please......

Here ya go - http://www.nispiros.com/Alpenlite_Aspen.html

Attachments

• Alpenlite Aspen 1.jpg
    Alpenlite Aspen 1.jpg
    47.3 KB · Views: 202
  • Alpenlite Aspen 2.jpg
    Alpenlite Aspen 2.jpg
    33.2 KB · Views: 206
Mamamia said:
Congrats, Ebru & Ro!? Where ya headed first???? Looksa Nice!!? ?:cool:

Well, when Ebru's parents come, we'll probably head to San Francisco or Tahoe area.  Anywhere for the ride.  ;D

The $150 deposit was made for the campground group site reservation today. For those of you that plan to camp, which I recommend for those that can, we will be collecting your camping fees sometime in the near future. Again, the fees are $29 per night. We made reservations for 12 sites for Friday evening the 23rd and Saturday the 24th.
This is a very nice campground with pool, flush toilets, showers, level campsites, plenty of shade trees everywhere, full hookups including cable TV, etc...
When it comes time to pay for the sites, please be promt. The 12 sites we have reserved I think will go fast, however, we do have an overflow set aside of 5 additional spaces on the other side of the pool.
If you THINK you will be camping, get on the list ASAP.

RoarinRow said:
Thanks for fronting the fees.? Just let me know who to pay back.?

It wasn't me that fronted it, it was another on the planning commitee.
We will be setting up a paypal or we will use the existing one for the SoCal site. More details soon, but thank YOU for chiming in on this subject.

I'll bet you guys are enjoying that travel trailer already, huh?

RIKrotorhead said:
RoarinRow said:
Thanks for fronting the fees.? Just let me know who to pay back.?

It wasn't me that fronted it, it was another on the planning commitee.
We will be setting up a paypal or we will use the existing one for the SoCal site. More details soon, but thank YOU for chiming in on this subject.

I'll bet you guys are enjoying that travel trailer already, huh?

Wish I could say we were.  We pick it up this Tuesday.  Seems like forever, but that's o.k.  All my/our money went to Camping World.  :)

Back