• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

Which Transmission?

LazKat

Charter Member
SM 2003
What tranny is in the Av? 4L80E? Is there a difference between the early model and the late model tranny?

When I do the 30K service I want to switch to synthetics in the transmission, differential and transfer case and switch the pan and rear cover. At the PML Website, it lists both early and late models for the pan. Anybody know about this one?

The 1500 uses the 4L60e and the 2500 uses the 4L80e, as far as early or late model I have no clue.

The 2500 uses the 4L85E.

LazKat said:
What tranny is in the Av? ?4L80E? ? Is there a difference between the early model and the late model tranny?

When I do the 30K service I want to switch to synthetics in the transmission, differential and transfer case and switch the pan and rear cover. ?At the PML Website, it lists both early and late models for the pan. ?Anybody know about this one?
Steel is right - it is the 4L85E - but that shouldn't matter - the question of which of their pans is the correct one is still up in the air - I hope to have more info shortly and will post it.

Back