• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

Interesting GTG's

farmguy

Silent Avalanche RIP
SM 2005
In the DFW area our GTG's have become pretty blah.  :E: Primarily standing around shooting the S@#t then having a late lunch.  :rolleyes:

What do you do to make your GTG's interesting and get better attendance.  ???

Thats the way our Eat & Greets usually are and thats fine with me. We have a few other meets through the year where we do a little more. We are having a Flash and Glow show coming up on April the 2nd, not many signed up yet, we hope to draw several others! I find that if you can get sponsers that donate items to give away it really draws the members out! Of course there are so many GTG's now that getting these donations unless you have a BIG event planned is hard to do.

Butch

Every area of the US has interesting citys and towns that have local attractions - some historic and others just fun or interesting. Look around your area within a couple hour drive and get out and explore your state. I have seen more of Texas since I started organizing GTGs with short day trips around here. We always have fun and you can learn local history and see things you never knew were in your own backyard.
We still GTG for Hooters runs or bowling but the road trips are very popular - as well as weekend camping trips or areas of attraction that are several hours away.
We have many GTGs here in Texas, some are day trips others overnight and some are 3 day weekend events.

Richard

ditto for us.  We've had different members come up with ideas (which helps a lot.)  We've caravaned through prominent wine countries, toured around Lake Tahoe, been on one of the nations roughest 4x4 trails (Rubicon), had a HUGE charity event & soooo much more.

For upcoming events, we're planning on participating in a local auto show and are even in talks to be included in the 4th of July Parade for one of the local cities.  We KNOW we're not going to please everyone w/ EVERY event, but we try to have enough variety to make it appealing for different folks at different times.  We too have done the camping thing and even had one event where we had a huge BBQ/Picnic then caravaned through a bunch of different strip mall parking lots only to end up at a fance ice cream shop.

Yes, many of our events are just about standing around chatting at a local starbucks, but we try to make sure to have some variety so we can attract many different types of members.  Hopefully this'll give you some ideas.

TexAVfan said:
Every area of the US has interesting citys and towns that have local attractions - some historic and others just fun or interesting. Look around your area within a couple hour drive and get out and explore your state. I have seen more of Texas since I started organizing GTGs with short day trips around here. We always have fun and you can learn local history and see things you never knew were in your own backyard.
We still GTG for Hooters runs or bowling but the road trips are very popular - as well as weekend camping trips or areas of attraction that are several hours away.
We have many GTGs here in Texas, some are day trips others overnight and some are 3 day weekend events.

Richard

Interesting GTG's  :cool:,begin with the "King of Katy"

The Florida GTGs lately are mostly MOD fests and that seems to be a popular choice.  Especially when you have guys that are skilled at installing strobes and the remote tailgate lock.  After each GTG, everyone has learned something new and can apply their knowledge at the next GTG.

The other Florida GTG that is popular involves Hangman and a bunch of cooked flesh being eaten and kegs being emptied.  You can consider it a mod fest if you think of weight gain as a mod to your body.  :)

Back