• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

$60,000 + Taxes for FULLY LOADED AV ?

yakmar

MAN OH MAN!!? Just out of curiosity, I just configured a FULLY loaded Av on the gmcanada website, and came up with a PRICE of $60,140 + taxes (which are 15% in Newfoundland),? to put the price at approx $69,000? !!? :E:? :E:? :E:? ?Sheesh, almost as well off buying the Caddy EXT for just a few thousand more!!
2005 Chevrolet Avalanche
1500 5dr Crew Cab 130" WB 4WD LT
The vehicle you select below may be different.
MSRP
Base Price
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
$50,165.00
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Options
$8,775.00

Destination & Tax
$1,200.00

Vehicle Total
$60,140.00

? ?
Selected Optional Equipment
Code Description MSRP
FEDERAL AIR CONDITIONING EXCISE TAX? $100.00

ZW9 BODY ORDERING CODE? $0.00

Z71 OFF-ROAD PKG? $1,115.00

C5W 3175 kg (7000 lb) GVWR? $0.00

LM7 5.3L SFI V8 (VORTEC) ENGINE? $0.00

M30 4-SPEED AUTOMATIC TRANSMISSION W/OD? $0.00

G80 LOCKING DIFFERENTIAL? $0.00

GU6 3.42 REAR AXLE RATIO? $0.00

YE9 STANDARD DECOR? $0.00

SELECT-A-UNIT (SAU) 3? $0.00

1SF PREFERRED EQUIPMENT GROUP? $0.00

QJP P265/70R17 ON/OFF-ROAD BSW TIRES? $0.00

AN3 HEATED FULL FEATURE HIGH BACK BUCKET SEATS? $0.00

__2 LEATHER SEATING SURFACES? $0.00

ZY1 SOLID PAINT? $0.00

UM8 TOUCH SCREEN NAVIGATION RADIO (TNR)? $2,730.00

WBH SPECIAL EXTERIOR APPEARANCE PKG? $-775.00

R6K SPECIAL VALUE PKG? $1,835.00

SPECIAL VALUE PKG CREDIT? $0.00

AJ7 DRIVER & FRONT PASSENGER SEAT-MOUNTED INFLATABLE SIDE IMPACT AIRBAGS? $495.00

BVR POLISHED STAINLESS STEEL TUBULAR ASSIST STEPS? $0.00

AJ1 DEEP TINTED REAR WINDOW GLASS? $0.00

DL3 COLOUR-KEYED PWR FOLDING HEATED PWR MIRRORS? $0.00

PCY MOULDING & WHEEL FLARE PKG? $0.00

Z31 PRELIMINARY INVOICE? $0.00

U42 REAR SEAT ENTERTAINMENT SYSTEM? $1,750.00

V54 ADJUSTABLE BLACK ROOF RACK? $0.00

CF5 PWR SUNROOF? $1,325.00

Z82 HD TRAILERING PKG? $300.00

? ?
Exterior Colour Interior Colour

Bermuda Blue Metallic? Neutral?

Standard Equipment

Yakmar said:
MAN OH MAN!!?
Just out of curiosity, I just configured a FULLY loaded Av on the gmcanada website, and came up with a PRICE of $60,140 + taxes (which are 15% in Newfoundland),? to put the price at approx $69,000? !!? :E:? :E:? :E:? ?Sheesh, almost as well off buying the Caddy EXT for just a few thousand more!!

I don't understand that logic. Don't the same factors that are driving up the cost of the AV going to also apply to the EXT? So, how does the price gap narrow enough to make that statement????

2005 Chevrolet Avalanche
1500 5dr Crew Cab 130" WB 4WD LT
The vehicle you select below may be different.
MSRP
Base Price
$50,165.00

Options
$8,775.00

Destination & Tax
$1,200.00

Vehicle Total
$60,140.00

? ?
Selected Optional Equipment
Code Description MSRP
FEDERAL AIR CONDITIONING EXCISE TAX? $100.00

ZW9 BODY ORDERING CODE? $0.00

Z71 OFF-ROAD PKG? $1,115.00

C5W 3175 kg (7000 lb) GVWR? $0.00

LM7 5.3L SFI V8 (VORTEC) ENGINE? $0.00

M30 4-SPEED AUTOMATIC TRANSMISSION W/OD? $0.00

G80 LOCKING DIFFERENTIAL? $0.00

GU6 3.42 REAR AXLE RATIO? $0.00

YE9 STANDARD DECOR? $0.00

SELECT-A-UNIT (SAU) 3? $0.00

1SF PREFERRED EQUIPMENT GROUP? $0.00

QJP P265/70R17 ON/OFF-ROAD BSW TIRES? $0.00

AN3 HEATED FULL FEATURE HIGH BACK BUCKET SEATS? $0.00

__2 LEATHER SEATING SURFACES? $0.00

ZY1 SOLID PAINT? $0.00

UM8 TOUCH SCREEN NAVIGATION RADIO (TNR)? $2,730.00

WBH SPECIAL EXTERIOR APPEARANCE PKG? $-775.00

R6K SPECIAL VALUE PKG? $1,835.00

SPECIAL VALUE PKG CREDIT? $0.00

AJ7 DRIVER & FRONT PASSENGER SEAT-MOUNTED INFLATABLE SIDE IMPACT AIRBAGS? $495.00

BVR POLISHED STAINLESS STEEL TUBULAR ASSIST STEPS? $0.00

AJ1 DEEP TINTED REAR WINDOW GLASS? $0.00

DL3 COLOUR-KEYED PWR FOLDING HEATED PWR MIRRORS? $0.00

PCY MOULDING & WHEEL FLARE PKG? $0.00

Z31 PRELIMINARY INVOICE? $0.00

U42 REAR SEAT ENTERTAINMENT SYSTEM? $1,750.00

V54 ADJUSTABLE BLACK ROOF RACK? $0.00

CF5 PWR SUNROOF? $1,325.00

Z82 HD TRAILERING PKG? $300.00

? ?
Exterior Colour Interior Colour

Bermuda Blue Metallic? Neutral?

Standard Equipment

Yak, I think you'll be better off moving down here.

PaulP said:
HeavyD said:

For the prices or clearer thinking? ;D

Can't consider moving to the U.S. yet, Heavy D,  as the Canadian dollar is getting so much better! ;D? (compared to this time last year, when it was down to as low as 0.72 exchance rate).
  BTW, Paul, my thinking is only clouded by the drugs I   take sell!!  ;D

Bermuda Blue? Are you trading for a Bermuda Blue? Love that Bermuda Blue
(I HAVE GOT to quit saying that)!

Butch

canadian dollar is .82 per u.s. :eek: :eek:
last year it was ~.72 to the u.s.

gents, that is pathetic :8: .
thats it i am never electing another "business man" to the office of presidency again :E: :E: :E: :E:

Yakmar said:
PaulP said:
HeavyD said:

For the prices or clearer thinking? ;D

I understand, It must be very hard with those long cold winters. >:D

Can't consider moving to the U.S. yet, Heavy D,? as the Canadian dollar is getting so much better! ;D? (compared to this time last year, when it was down to as low as 0.72 exchance rate).
? ?BTW, Paul, my thinking is only clouded by the drugs I ? take sell!!? ;D

rxzruby said:

thats it i am never electing another "business man" to the office of presidency again :E: :E: :E: :E:

Ohhh why not?

WhitHousePhone.jpg

rxzruby said:

Yea, good idea. You should look for a tax payer leach that has lived off their goverment positions. They can relate to having to earn a paycheck much better :E: :E: :E:

rxzruby said:

You might want to reconsider that thought. The exchange rate is always in a state of flux.  And the dollars that you pay in taxes have a much more direct effect on your life and the quality of it.

FutureLanche said:
rxzruby said:

You might want to reconsider that thought. The exchange rate is always in a state of flux.? And the dollars that you pay in taxes have a much more direct effect on your life and the quality of it.

True, True,..... I am in the 43% tax bracket, which means the first 43 cents of each dollar I make go to keep those lazy ******* down the street, and their 6 generations of family, on the welfare!!  Now THAT would make me wanna find the sniper rifle! :8:

That's right folks...Yak is in the 43% tax bracket....that's a cool 10% more than the richest Americans pay...

Ironically...The American Revolution was started over the "high" taxes of the day...they paid roughly 10%...let that marinate for a while.

atleast in america i can keep my springfield 45 canadas  against guns no good :eek:

I'm not sure what's harder to get my head around, the large price tag ( even though it's not in USD ), or a newfie with money  >:D

I figure if you want it bad enough and can afford it, just go for it. Idid and am glad I did.

As for this whole working my A$$ of to support some fat lazy trailer trash. Well i am physaically disabled. I fell 25 feet of a roof and forgot how to land. I have 2 4" Titanium Harrington rods in my lower back. I spent 2 whole weeks out of work after the operation.
I think those Welfare families should only be allowed to stay on it for no more than 1 year in any 5 year period. This will get them people off their butts and doing something.

I just hate the fact that I work my butt off so some person who has not a dam thing wrong with them other than being just plain LAZY.

The way i feel about unemployment is 6 months max. If cannot find work in that periiod of time you need look in more than just the TV.

OK I am done

Shanes 02 Avalanche said:
I figure if you want it bad enough and can afford it, just go for it. Idid and am glad I did.

As for this whole working my A$$ of to support some fat lazy trailer trash. Well i am physaically disabled. I fell 25 feet of a roof and forgot how to land. I have 2 4" Titanium Harrington rods in my lower back. I spent 2 whole weeks out of work after the operation.
I think those Welfare families should only be allowed to stay on it for no more than 1 year in any 5 year period. This will get them people off their butts and doing something.

I just hate the fact that I work my butt off so some person who has not a dam thing wrong with them other than being just plain LAZY.

The way i feel about unemployment is 6 months max. If cannot find work in that periiod of time you need look in more than just the TV.

OK I am done

I commend you on how politically correct that statement was written!  (y)

Back