• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

03 AV TRANSFER CASE MODULE

lottoman

4wd service message on will not switch from 4 wheel to two wheel or vice versa, bin told it is a transfer case module that needs to be replaced anyone else have this problem. ?

I had it with my 03 lanche the day I bought it, It's a pretty common problem.

lottoman said:
4wd service message on will not switch from 4 wheel to two wheel or vice versa, bin told it is a transfer case module that needs to be replaced anyone else have this problem. ?

This is a common problem with the 460 transmission and the Auto Trac 4WD. It is popping up not just on the Avalanche but Suburban, Tahoe, Trailblazer, Envoy, Silverado...

GM is aware of the issue - it's a royal pain. :rolleyes:

3-4-03 UPDATE
Just got back from the dealer. They found code C0327. They handed me a document with ID # 1243149 which stated 4WD LIGHT, 4WD INOPERATIVE, DTCs C0327, P0836, P0500 (PERMANENT FIX NOT AVAILABLE AT THIS TIME) #03-0-21-001 - (02/14/2003)

I do not have the time right know to type the whole thing in but the jist of the document is that there is a problem with one of the modules and to replace it with a new one at this time is not going to help. So the bottom line is I may or may not have 4WD when I need it and they have know idea when they will have a fix. There only solution was to remove the 4WD fuse so that the 4WD system would be inoperative. If the module failed when in 4WD it would be stuck in 4WD. Then I would not be able to drive it. Not sure what to do at this point. If anybody has experiance with this condition I would appriciate it if you would tell your story

Back