Home Resources Forums Nationals Meets Store
04/24/14 11:41 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the Chevy Avalanche Fan Club of North America

Become a Supporting Member

Visit the CAFCNA General Store

Home   Help Search Login Register Bookmark  
Advertisement
Put your advertisement image here...

Advertisement

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Does the Z71 have a different size gas tank?  (Read 6807 times)
Black03Avalanche

The Avalanche rocks!!

Awards
« on: 04/13/05 04:13 PM »

Does anyone know if the Z-71 has a bigger gas tank? I have an 03 Z-71 (1500)and my husband has an 02 1500.  When hes on E, hes still been able to fill up his gas tank before hiutting the $50 cutoff on most tanks(and may I say those are VERY annoying) But I was down at quarter of a tank and I couldn't fill up before it shut me off.  We filled up right around the same time so it wasnt price differences and the trcuk has been home for a little bit and no change so I know it shouldn't be an issue like a leak or anything.  I checked Chevy's website and couldn't find anything.

2003 Black Chevy Avalanche Z71 - once I get some good pics animated sig to come!
Ginman
CAFCNA 2003 Supporting Member

Awards
« Reply #1 on: 04/13/05 04:31 PM »

Same tank.
2003 1500 31 Gals. Owners manual 5-105 (capacities)
2003 2500 37.5 Gals. Owners manual 5-105 (capacities)
2002 1500/2500 31 Gals. Owners manual 6-72 (capacities)

Difference is in your fuel gauge, actually the sending unit in the tank, reading the fuel level.  The tank is shaped so that the last 1/4 of a tank goes down very fast.

BTW 2 AV family  Cool
OviedoAv
CAFCNA 2004 Supporting Member

DougyD wants to give me a hug!

Awards
« Reply #2 on: 04/13/05 04:53 PM »

Ginman, not sure if I was reading you post correctly , but if I was , there is an error. The 2500's ,all years, have the larger tank. I just had a $75.00 fillup in mine. I wonder what my  roundtrip gas bill will be for this GTG?!
Ginman

Awards
« Reply #3 on: 04/13/05 05:15 PM »

Ginman, not sure if I was reading you post correctly , but if I was , there is an error. The 2500's ,all years, have the larger tank. I just had a $75.00 fillup in mine. I wonder what my  roundtrip gas bill will be for this GTG?!
I realize you would know about the 2500's, as ya own 2 of them...I was just going by what I saw in the owner's manual 2002 pg 6-72 says 1500/2500 31 Gals.  I'm sure that is wrong...didn't seem correct.

My real point is 1500s Z-71,Z-66, or base all have 31 gals.  2500s being larger 37.5 gals.

Yakmar

A long time ago, in an Avalanche far away.......

Awards
« Reply #4 on: 04/13/05 05:40 PM »

I am not toooooooo kean on this GALLONS thing, but HERE in CANADA, the size is

117 Litres for the 1500
and 140 Litres ( I think thats right) for the 2500

2002 SOM Av, traded for a 2007 Grey Av, traded for a 2009 Silverado LTZ, traded for current 2011 Silverado 2500HD.... but my one true love always goes back to the Av.
Ginman

Awards
« Reply #5 on: 04/13/05 05:50 PM »

OK, now we need to go metric Huh and really confuse this poor Connecticut Av'er.   love
melbertbloosfan

Cardinal Fan in TX

Awards
« Reply #6 on: 04/14/05 06:10 AM »

Huh

What the 'eck is the "$50 cutoff" thing?   You mean the gas pump shuts down when it reaches $50?   Never heard of such a thing.

04 Avalanche 1500 WBH, Z66 2WD, 3.73 w/G80.
Dark Metallic Blue.  Bed Slider (awesome!), Escalade wheels, S/S nerf bars, S/S punch grill w/dark blue bowtie, S/S Door Handles/buckets, S/S Fender Trim, S/S Sail Panel Allen Bolts, Ventshades, Amber DRL's., Magnaflow 3" in/ 3" out" w/3.5" S/S Magnaflow tip, Bowtie Catch-alls, 15% Tint on fronts, Ava airbag decals, K&N drop-in.

06 Toyota RAV4 Sport V6.  Flint Mica w/18" wheels.
DougD
CAFCNA 2010 Supporting Member

So, didja?

Awards
« Reply #7 on: 04/14/05 06:14 AM »

Huh

What the 'eck is the "$50 cutoff" thing? You mean the gas pump shuts down when it reaches $50? Never heard of such a thing.

Many stations will pre-authorize a credit card at the pump for $50 only.  For those of us with larger, thirstier tanks, this often means having to process our card twice just to fill the tank.

I've been enduring this issue for over a year and a half, and complaints to the station have resulted in no change.  Even $60 would have been fine, as up until recently that covered me.  Yesterday was $65 for a fillup.

2003 Victory Red WBH Z66.  Suburban moldings.  Color-matched handles.  K&N FIPK-II.  Dynomax Cat-Back.  DVD/TV & Vizualogics.  Ambers.  Silverstars Hi, Lo & Fog.  Police Pursuit wipers.  Dually rear clearance light (still in the box).
Yakmar

Awards
« Reply #8 on: 04/14/05 06:17 AM »

Huh

What the 'eck is the "$50 cutoff" thing? You mean the gas pump shuts down when it reaches $50? Never heard of such a thing.

Many stations will pre-authorize a credit card at the pump for $50 only.  For those of us with larger, thirstier tanks, this often means having to process our card twice just to fill the tank.

I've been enduring this issue for over a year and a half, and complaints to the station have resulted in no change.  Even $60 would have been fine, as up until recently that covered me.  Yesterday was $65 for a fillup.

$65 U.S. = approx. $80 Canadian!!

YOU GUYS are getting of lightly!! My last refueling, on saturday past, I put $90 Canadian of REGULAR 87 Octane, and the truck was STILL only down to a quarter of a tank when I did it!! banghead

2002 SOM Av, traded for a 2007 Grey Av, traded for a 2009 Silverado LTZ, traded for current 2011 Silverado 2500HD.... but my one true love always goes back to the Av.
avdavidw

I don't own an Avalanche, the Avalanche owns me.

WWW Awards
« Reply #9 on: 04/14/05 06:19 AM »

Huh

What the 'eck is the "$50 cutoff" thing?   You mean the gas pump shuts down when it reaches $50?   Never heard of such a thing.

I've had this before randomly a few times and I ran into this driving to Bowlng Green. It was an 850 mile trip, should have been one stop for gas but turned out to be 2 cause I could only put 21 gallons in at my first stop for gas (hit $50). Second stop I was able to fill up completely.

David

2002 1500 LPM Z66 - 2005 1500 SOM Z71 - 2010 2SS Camaro
melbertbloosfan

Cardinal Fan in TX

Awards
« Reply #10 on: 04/14/05 06:26 AM »

Well, well.   Must be a right/left coast kinda thing.
Taking the Av to San Antonio this summer, so I'll see if I run into this on the way.  I hope not.
Sometimes it's good to live in the bassackwards middle.   Cheesy
Filled up last nite, put 19 gallons in @ 2.059 per.  Got off cheap. dead

Dark Metallic Blue.  Bed Slider (awesome!), Escalade wheels, S/S nerf bars, S/S punch grill w/dark blue bowtie, S/S Door Handles/buckets, S/S Fender Trim, S/S Sail Panel Allen Bolts, Ventshades, Amber DRL's., Magnaflow 3" in/ 3" out" w/3.5" S/S Magnaflow tip, Bowtie Catch-alls, 15% Tint on fronts, Ava airbag decals, K&N drop-in.

slick

I love the Chevy Avalanche!

Awards
« Reply #11 on: 04/14/05 06:27 AM »

Just fill up more often.

2004 Z66 WBH Sport Red Metallic.  Home made bed slide. Stainless steel letters. Billet locking gas door. Line of Fire.  Flowmaster 70 series.
melbertbloosfan

Cardinal Fan in TX

Awards
« Reply #12 on: 04/14/05 06:32 AM »

Just fill up more often.

Because every stop turns out rather Griswold-esque:
1. Wife with worlds smallest bladder.
2.  Kids - 4 and 6.   'Nuff said.

Fewer stops = better time = less time for spills, rips, scuffs, triple murder/suicides, etc....

veryangry veryangry veryangry

Yakmar

Awards
« Reply #13 on: 04/14/05 06:34 AM »

Just fill up more often.

Because every stop turns out rather Griswold-esque:
1. Wife with worlds smallest bladder.
2.  Kids - 4 and 6.   'Nuff said.

Fewer stops = better time = less time for spills, rips, scuffs, triple murder/suicides, etc....

veryangry veryangry veryangry

Obviously an OPTIMIST!!  Grin

RichUF
CAFCNA 2005 Supporting Member

UNP1MPD

Awards
« Reply #14 on: 04/14/05 01:06 PM »

The $50 shut-off thing is REALLY annoying  Angry and happens at many stations around here.  Have recently noticed that some of the offending stations have raised to $60, presumably b/c of rising gas prices.

What I don't understand is a real reason as to why they do this, particularly since they pre-auth the cards.  If I want to get $200 worth of fuel, and have the credit to do so, why not? 

Anyone have a reasonable explanation as to why they may do this?

[sig deleted by Admin...your account is next to go]
ygmn
Administrator

Insert Funny Text Here _______________ .

Awards
« Reply #15 on: 04/14/05 01:10 PM »

The $50 shut-off thing is REALLY annoying  Angry and happens at many stations around here.  Have recently noticed that some of the offending stations have raised to $60, presumably b/c of rising gas prices.

What I don't understand is a real reason as to why they do this, particularly since they pre-auth the cards.  If I want to get $200 worth of fuel, and have the credit to do so, why not? 

People buy gas with stolen credit cards and this gives them some limit of theft?

Limit is there incase of pump/nozzle failure to prevent large gas spills...even though $50 worth of gas even at $3 a gallon is a lot of gas...

Thread Killer ... After I post they die?
2002 Pewter Z66 - Sept 2001
CAFCNA Album
LSU BABY!
YANKEES BABY!
SAINTS BABY!
Yakmar

Awards
« Reply #16 on: 04/14/05 01:11 PM »

To Pi$$ off you yankees!!!   Wink  love

PS:: YGMN's ideas MIGHT have some validity as well!!  goofy

kiser02av

Awards
« Reply #17 on: 06/11/08 03:41 AM »

$2.06 a gallon  Shocked  that was so long ago i barely remember it.  Still holding strong at under $4.00 here ($3.89) in Bismarck, North Dakota Cheesy.  I wish i could see into the future and see what prices will be like in 5, 10, or 15 years.

Pewter 2002 Z71. 3.73 gears. Straight piped exhaust.  Sony CD player. Alpine type-R speakers. Amber DRLs. Super White fog lights. Toyo Open Country ATs. Luminics Pure Blue low beams. FTDRL mod. Driving lights behind grille. All on high mod. NGK Iridium IX spark plugs. BWD spark plug wires. Weathertech window visors.
nfhjr
Charter Member

I love the Chevy Avalanche!

Awards
« Reply #18 on: 06/11/08 04:09 AM »

Got gas yesterday at $4.039 at the Hess Station on Roosevelt Blvd. here in Philly bought $60 in gas little less than 1/2 tank.

NFHJR
Phila. Pa.
Pewter Z71
Waag Grill Guard
Amber DRL
Drawtite Window Shades                                NRA PATRON MEMBER
Member 109
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: