• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

How many miles do you have on your Av?

Rick

I have had my Av for just about a month and have put on about 3000 miles. This is because I work for a home builder in the Service Department and travel to all our developments. I love my Av and am woundering who has the most miles and what can you recomend to get the most out of my Av (other than regular oil changes, lube,and tire rotation)?

Thanks for your time

11 months old and 15,000 miles i love country roads.

what do i recommend, love and attention :love:

I have an 03 -Z66 with 60K.  Have driven suburbans for years, this is more versatile and rides better.
My bride didn't like to drive the burban, but likes the AV.  I change the oil when the oil monitor says so, usually about 8K.  I use Mobil 1 Synethic.  Replaced the original Goodyear tires@ 45K. Rplaced the Goodyears with Yokohama Geolanders.  They seem to corner better, ride as well, and have better wet traction.  They have a 60K warranty. I hope this helps.

? ? :love: ?I have had mine for 2.5 years, and have accumulated 44,000 miles! Have taken it to Tampa Bay twice, Detroit once, and frequent the Nashville scene @ least once a month! What better to drive than a comfortable and capable AV! Most of all my miles are pleasure, I only live 5 miles from work!  :cool:

I recommend the same as rxzruby, love and attention. Keep it clean, and treat it with care. We all wish you the best of luck in  your new found relationship!

Happy Aving!  :love:

As having one of the first ones sold 6/1/01 in my drive way.. I now have 80.000 miles on it...And still having fun..and Modding.. (y)

Bought mine in Feb '02 and now have 40K on her. I am guessing over half of theose miles are going to and from GTG's.

Butch

My AV was 510 days old today (end of Nov 2003).  76171 absolutely no problem miles.  Only thing I do is keep the oil changed and keep ?er clean.  Hard to do working construction sites, but you have to keep those wheels clean.

Look in the Avalanche zone section for more threads on who has what for mileage...

check the oil change section for info on what peeps are doing for oil changes

Purchased our 2002 "Miss Indigo" slightly used, on 05/09/03, with about 19K on it. ?We are now going on almost 44K with not one regret and smiles on our faces. ;D

I have had mine 1 year and have 72k on her. I am going to be driving her back to Wi from id on the 18th. So I will have close to 74k at that point. I have enjoyed every mile in her.

Today is April 15, 2023.

I put in my reitrement papers effective July 1, 2023. ?We're going to get a vintage (2002 to 2010 model) Airstream and tour the country visiting family for a couple years.

Our 2002 NFE bought October 25, 2002 has 338,450 miles. ?Yes it still has it's original puke green interior. ?We are however going to swap out the Supercharged 6.0 Escalade motor we put in back in '15 and drop in an 8.1 I've had sitting in the shop for the past couple years. ?The wife has been nagging me to finally do something with the parts Av's and EXT's that are lying about the property. ?So I'll start cataloging and putting these things on the board as see if anyone needs some Av or EXT pieces.

But Seriously....

We did buy our '02 NFE 10/25/02 and it has 39,700 on it. ?It needs new rear brakes, and we have been fortunate in not having any reliability issues. ?We change the oil every 5K with a AC Delco PF 59, one quart of Lucas and five quarts of 5W30 that I picked up on sale somewhere - always a name brand oil, not store or off brand stuff. ?The driveline service was done at 26K and plan on doing the next one at 50K.

Bought mine 06-27-01? '02 4x4 1500 AV traded at 13,000 on 06-28-04
for company owned loaded '04 Z71 with 7K, has 11K now

would be more if I could have went to Bowling green but I have to work :E:

Back