• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

How many own the Caddy EXT

Do you own a Caddy EXT?

• EXT 2002

Votes: 15 3.8%
  • EXT 2003

Votes: 17 4.3%
  • EXT 2004

Votes: 16 4.0%
  • EXT 2005

Votes: 19 4.8%
  • EXT 2006

Votes: 8 2.0%
  • Looking to buy an EXT

Votes: 35 8.8%
  • I own an Avalanche

Votes: 288 72.4%

• Total voters

ygmn

This is a Custom Title
Staff Member
Administrator
Charter Member
PM 2024
PM 2023
PM 2022
PM 2021
PM 2020
PM 2019
PM 2018
PM 2017
PM 2016
PM 2015
PM 2014
PM 2013
PM 2012
SM 2011
SM 2010
SM 2009
SM 2008
SM 2007
SM 2006
SM 2005
SM 2004
SM 2003
This poll is to determine how many members own the Caddy EXT....and help decide how to create new forum sections for these owners or future owners.

I have made a single poll choice for Avalanches because I know YAkky likes to vote...hehehehe

If you do own an EXT....please comment on what type of forum sections you would like to see devoted to the EXT.....

Thanks for participating

Sections such as...
-6.0/AWD performance mods
-Problems/Solutions
-EXT/AV similaritiy/differences and interchangability questions
-Interior mods
-exterior mods

ygmn said:
This poll is to determine how many members own the Caddy EXT....and help decide how to create new forum sections for these owners or future owners.

I have made a single poll choice for Avalanches because I know YAkky likes to vote...hehehehe

If you do own an EXT....please comment on what type of forum sections you would like to see devoted to the EXT.....

Thanks for participating

I knew you really liked me after all!!!  ;)  :love:  ;D

As a reminder, don't forget the EXT exclusive modules/apparatus or just "Electronics", such as back-up sensors, yaw sensor, Lateral accelerometer, automatic level control (ALC) system and electronic variable orifice (EVO) power steering system, electronic suspension control (ESC), Vehicle Stability Enhancement System (VSES), HID's & rear seat heating, backUp alarm.  etc.

(And folks wonder where that $15~$20K goes  :eek:) Not just the 6L or a stouter sun shell/planetaries!

Items such as the cluster and Nav/MDX player are covered plenty here already.

(Exclusive as per Av. Vs. Ext, not necessarily exclusive to other GM Lux vehicles.)

I think this poll would be well placed in the avalanche zone, I rarely check here ...

Sperry, the price is really not that much more, it is about another 13K, but it has significantly higher residual values.  An '03 is now worth $35-37k vs an Avs $25-28k.

Ed

Fast Eddie said:
I think this poll would be well placed in the avalanche zone, I rarely check here ...

moved....but why not read every section...at least feedback and news and such...as they are not really all that busy...

ANy other EXT owners out there?

Fast Eddie said:

Sperry, the price is really not that much more, it is about another 13K, but it has significantly higher residual values. An '03 is now worth $35-37k vs an Avs $25-28k.

Ed

`Just based it on the 03 I was looking at.. $55K!
My Av was $37 before all the add-on's.

`Didn't want to scare anyone away though. You may be right, after all the incentives and discounts which some may be a percentile (Costco fleet pricing maybe?) apply.

Was still worth it, but the towing part killed it for me mainly. (Being towed.)

TRNSFRM said:
I own...uhh... the bank own my 2004 White Diamond EXT.

Heck, the $1K they charge for that color, you have to give up another $15~$20 to add to your payment! :E:

It was my favorite, too..

AINTNOFORD said:
I traded in my 04 Z66 Avalanche for my 05 Ext. I have noticed a major difference in about everything.? Gotta love this truck!!!!!! :)

Welcome to the evil EXT owners society >:D  How nice is the new EXT over the AV.  I love mine.  Just becareful of the EXT haters out there ;)  Its an EXT thing, they just don't understand.
All the best with it :cool:

DUCTMAN...when ya gonna put up an EXT in your AVATAR?

ygmn said:
DUCTMAN...when ya gonna put up an EXT in your AVATAR?

As soon as someone buys my rims! :E:  No actually I have not had a chance to take a cool pic of it yet. :cool:.  It can't be just any pic-ya know

Never had a ticket in my life until 2 days ago. Cops just looking for an escalade in a construction zone with workers present to give a $355.00 ticket to. While walking up to my truck he was checking it out. He was just jealous. Had to buy my first radar-detector.  It just made me love my truck even more.  Now. I need to find out how to cloak my lade.  ;D

I love my 05 EXT, and like to think it was worth the extra $.  The vehicle configuration was perfect for my combo of needing to haul renovation supplies and large paintings periodically, plus have something nice for touring the countryside. I looked at the AV as well, but liked the idea of the Elec. Stability Control. The engine in the AV seemed like plenty, so the 6.O carried little weight, but I REALLY liked the interior better, so I had to use all the other misc. stuff to justify the extra money. I thought my wife might object, but she was the first to say we oughta spend it...

My only compaints about it are the same as most of the AV owners; they shoulda put a locking tailgate and cargo lights/swithes/outlet in it, and the carpet is the cheesiest stuff I've seen.

dps said:
I love my 05 EXT, and like to think it was worth the extra $.? The vehicle configuration was perfect for my combo of needing to haul renovation supplies and large paintings periodically, plus have something nice for touring the countryside. I looked at the AV as well, but liked the idea of the Elec. Stability Control. The engine in the AV seemed like plenty, so the 6.O carried little weight, but I REALLY liked the interior better, so I had to use all the other misc. stuff to justify the extra money. I thought my wife might object, but she was the first to say we oughta spend it...

My only compaints about it are the same as most of the AV owners; they shoulda put a locking tailgate and cargo lights/swithes/outlet in it, and the carpet is the cheesiest stuff I've seen.

I agree -I am going to add the tailgate lock, bed light switches, etc.  Its more labor intensive than costly-It should be included though

I am in the process of moving to the Seattle area (from NH) and trying to get my EXT transported.  I'm not having luck- it's an incredible ripoff racket.

I can't wait to have my truck.  I love driving around here.

-john

I just bought my EXT a couple of days ago. Won't get to ride it till I get back in another month 1/2 so it will wait for me at the dealer. I can't till I get home; always wanted one so finally broke down and got it ;D I'm planning on putting some 22's when I get back, is there a tire pressure sensor I need to remove from the factory rim and put it in the new ones or anything like that?

Back