• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

Thanks for a great GTG

TnTrubble

SM 2004
I wanted to say thanks to everyone who showed up and made this a great first large GTG. My family and I had a wonderful time and met some really great people. It was awe inspiring to see all those trucks together.  One highlight for me was watching the heads turn as we cruised, and the new members (Locals) who were pounced on as they cruised in to check out what was going on with all the AVs in BG.

A special THANK YOU goes out to the co-ordinating team for all the effort they put into this GTG. Earthquake, TNAV, and Musiks, you guys did a great job. The logistics of getting so many trucks together and to designated spots is overwhelming, and you guys did a wonderful job. We had a fantastic time.

I hope to see all my new friends again soon. For all my old friends and my associate local members, I'll see you guys at Owensboro. Thanks again for the great time. I am still blown away.

Trubble

I want to add my thanks too.  Rachel and I had a fantastic time.  It was good seeing old friends and meeting new ones.  It doesn't happen without a whole lot of behind the scenes work, so thanks again to those who put out the effort to put this together!  :B:

:B:
I would also like to thank everyone. I had a great time. Before anybody asks to see pics of my truck with the grill I bought from it's winner at the awards meeting, the grill doesn't fit. The label on the end of the box indicates it's for a 2005 Silverado HD. Thanks to Southern Comfort for a $50 paper weight. See you all at another GTG soon I hope.

Attachments

• CorvetteMuseum1.JPG
    CorvetteMuseum1.JPG
    89.6 KB · Views: 176
Raychevy said:
The label on the end of the box indicates it's for a 2005 Silverado HD. Thanks to Southern Comfort for a $50 paper weight. See you all at another GTG soon I hope.

Ray, we'll see what we can work out for you to get the right one.

I just walked in the door. Thanks for a great GTG, will post more tommorrow. Great to see everyone again, and to meet all the new people!

My thanks also go out to everyone.  That was the most fun vacation I've had in a long time!  Every single event was a blast but the best part was the people.  :love: to every person there.

Wow,

What can I say. ?This was our first big GTG, and it was phenomenal. ?We are now HOOKED. ?We are now planning on Tybee Island in October. ?Many thanks to Earthquake, and especially Aftershock ?;), for this fantastic event. ?Can the future ones we attend live up to this one??

Well, I has slept a couple of hours, and am coherent enough to type a little bit.....

I know I will have to edit this to add in additional memories once I am NOT exhausted, but I wanted to start now.....

Things that I will remember about the KY GTG:

*Meeting Blue & his wonderful family, and YES! his wife is as gorgeous and she looks in the pictures, she is my new, dear friend
*The fact that even tho I handed out sunscreen left and right, doesn't protect ME if I don't actually use it *Chevy Thunder - WHAT a great man, I had so much fun with you Boy
*Frogs -? a drink Mama Jo & Hoss make, she shared the recipe w/ me....TASTY
*Hating to admit that I actually remember how to do a redneck yell
*Shine, hootch, or just plain "nasty as hell".....
*To Never follow ME (SHERR)?
*How many times I re-did KY Bob's "Shine Victim's" Bandana's into ATL Doo-Rags....
*LadyLance, Miss Avalanche, She Who Dazed Dave and Especially TnTrubble & CowGirl UP!? Grrl Power at it's Finest
*Not all Women are Ladies, But these Grrlz are Top Notch
*The Perfect Drinks are: Tarantulas, Frogs & Jello Shots in that order
*Baymont's Coffee wasn't actually bad
*Mighty Dogs are sometimes meaner than a Big Dog
*First Time in my life I had a blast and there WAS no music
*Joining "The Living Again" is really Fantastic!? Man I have been missing out!!!
*FSRs do NOT help, if you leave them in your hotel room
*I actually don't hate all males! LOL?
? ? ?*O.V. was my dinner-mate and dear friend
? ? ?*Quarter is better w/ 50 Cents
? ? ?*Hugz does (Hug)
? ? ?*Hoss- looks very intimidating, but a sweetheart
? ? ?*I love Blue-but, color-wise, PINK IS THE ONLY COLOR FOR ME THO
? ? ?*All the Northern Boyz that were so nice to be around
? ? ?*L.A. is so cute.....
? ? ?*Big Block will always be= Big Block
? ? ?*Earthqake is fabulous, quiet, but fabulous
? ? ?*Hangman does not need sleep, ever....evertime I went to walk the dogs, he was STILLLLL up (4:45 a.m.)
? ? ?*Murman is a fine man, and WOW, I want one!? (Not Him, he's taken)....but what he and Cowgirl UP have...

The totally Fabulous People I hung out with!!!

AlohaPiper & Family....great dinner-mates!!, TrAVelingman & Family, Rainman & Family, Cisco  :D; Mrs. Bermuda Blue!!!  ;D; The Michigan Gang!; Quietman & QuietLady....((primo folks))...TNAV & Family; Musiks & Lil Man; ...

(((list will grow as I continue to wake up...which might not be till around Friday)))))

Something I NEVER thought I would ever say in my lifetime:

WHEN ARE WE GOING BACK TO KENTUCKY..... :love: :love: :love: :love:

Yes it was a GREAT time... so great that I'm in fact still here!  Who said the party was over?  hehe 

Chris still "Live in Bowling Green"

Earthquake, Thanks for any help you can provide me. The first thing I did this morning was to go out to the garage to put that grill on. It pretty much ruined my day when I discovered the problem. I guess it's going to take me a little longer to catch up with Cisco04's Mods.

If anybody has a picture of  the #39 truck (Black WBH) at the drag strip, please send me a copy or post it. I had a great time running it down the track.

Thanks again to Earthquake and his crew for the best GTGs. BTW, when is the next midwest GTG?

We may be able to accomidate you on that. We are currently in the process of trying to get the 2 - 3 hours of video onto the puter so we can get it into a format that can be posted for viewing (a lot of this is from the dragstrip). This may take us a couple of days, but we'll get the videos up.

Great pictures Melissa, thanks for posting them.  It was great to meet you and the others from Ohio.  Will see you in Owensboro next month.

:love: :love: :love:
What an incredible four days. I met some really great people and had a truly AWESOME time in BG!!!

I just wanted to say thank you to all for making my first majopr GTG a truly memorable one!!!!

GEORGIA/FLORIDA
You guys and gal (Hi Sherr) are the tightest bunch I have ever seen. It was awesome meeting you and one of my most memorable moments from BG (aside from the banquet dinner) was seeing you all roll in together. That gave me goosebumps!!!! I am already looking forward to STI.

Sherr
Thanks for being such a sweetheart!!! Trulu One of a kind.  ;D

Wow..I could say something great about everyone, but I will just skip right to Scott(EQ) and say THANK YOU!!!!! :love:

I have tons of pics to post after I get home!!!
Later.
CT.

Scott, Bob, Frank, all who helped.

Big thumbs up to all.? YOU RULE.? What a fantastic job you did.?

I had a blast and enjoyed seeing all my AV friends again.

Later,
Rainman

This was great!!! Hated to see it all end.  Thanks to every one for a great time.  Even the ride home was great.  What could be better that a caravan of trucks through three states.

From Boo and Goo (Kelly):

We cannot adequately convey the emotions felt over this weekend.

First, was the the enthusiasm looking forward to seeing old friends and making news ones.

Second, the peace and comfort and joy of spending quality time with those friends.

Third, the remorse and sense of loss of saying good-bye 'till the next time.

I said this at the meet this weekend:

"If anything ever happened to my present Avalanche, I would have to go out and buy another one, no questions asked.  Not because I love the truck, it's because I would want to have a reason to keep coming to these meets.  Too many great friendships have been forged from this truck, and I never want to see them end."

Too all my friends: So glad to see y'all. Don't be a stranger!

To Earthquake and Aftershock:  Thank-you!

BooTheRedneck - "King of the Beech"

Phaze65 - Kelly (Goo)

This was an absolutely PERFECT GTG!!! ?Even the weather was perfect (how you guys pulled that off, I'll never know)!!! ?This will be the GTG to which I will compare all other GTGs... The "Gold Standard of GTGs", if you will. ?

All I have to say to Scott, Bob and Frank is...

YOU BASTARDS!!! You've ruined me!!! ?How can I have fun at any other GTG without thinking, "Yeah, this is nice, but BGN-05 was better."

But seriously folks, the Stackrat clan had a fantastic time and enjoyed meeting all of you. ?Thanks go to everyone for making us feel so welcome. ?

Who knows, maybe next time my old man will show up in an Avy!

Well we made it home without any problems.
I want to add my thanks to Scott, Bob, and Frank for all the hard work you guys did putting this together.  (y)
The Corvette plant tour was awesome. Even though mine is a few years old it was if I could see it rolling down the line being put together. Gives you a whole new perspective on it.
The other great thing was seeing old friends from past GTGs and being able to put faces to all the screen names for those that I hadn't yet met.
We really had a great time.  :D

Just a couple of sidebars:
KY_BOB, Dude I still can't feel my gums! What was that clear stuff in the jar that you kept telling me was ice water.    J/K
Thanks for a little taste of home.

Mama Jo, Hope you get to use your new coozy often.
Enjoy.

Vetman

Now, John is finally off the computer and I can say a BIG THANK YOU!!  My Family and I had an absolutely wonderful time.  It was very nice to get away and meet some really great people!  Scott you can plan my next party :0:!

Thank you to Tammy and Murman!  Thanks for all the girl talk and I hope Murmans hearing will soon be restored.  You guys are great and I would really like to see you again real soon!!

Ky Bob....what can I say you are what I expected and more.... :love:  I could make people wonder what I am talking about....Nah....your a great guy and a good friend!  My kids LOVE YOU and so do I!!!

Debbi..."Blue Dragons" wife,  we will survive all the modifications...I promise.  I just hope John doesnt get the bug like Paul!!  It was great to meet you!!

Sherr....Its a good thing we didnt get the time to get wild!  I love to have a good time but unfortunately with the 3 kids...someone has to have thier wits about them...  An Adult GTG!!!  Sounds like a plan!

Hoss, thanks for loving the kids.  They are still talking about the man that brought them glow sticks.  You sir are top notch!

David "Chamelion", Chris,  I owe you a thank you from the bottom of my heart!  I truly was glad to meet you guys and wish we had been able to spend more one on one.  You guys live close enough that won't be a problem.  I hope to be able to see you guys again real soon!  Your truck is still my favorite.

Boo and girlfriend.  What can I say.  Boo is just a cutie and your a lucky girl???  Nah you guys are a great combination and I truly loved having dinner and getting to know you at go carts.  You don't live to far either....come on up!

Merry (Trubble)  It was nice to finally meet you too.  Yes, I am very hard on John about mods, and NO he can't have it!! ;D.  You know if he wants it ...it will be on it!!!  Take care and I am sure we will see you again.

LOVE YOU GUYS AND HOPE TO SEE YOU ALL AGAIN!

Back