• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

2005 Bluegrass - What was your favorite event, activity or memory?

EarthQuake

SM 2003
I want to hear what people found most memorable about the event.  What was the favorite thing that you did while you were there.  A year or two from now, when someone mentions this meet, what's the first thing that will come to your mind?

If possible provide a picture.  If you don't have a picture...maybe someone can provide one for your memory.

Was it:
Seeing the Corvette Plant
Racing at Beech Bend (or winning at Beech Bend)
The Avalanche Show
The Awards Ceremony or winning an award
Dinner with some special people
That raffle prize you won
Hanging out in the parking lot till 5:30
That southern accent and the phrases you never heard before
Perfect weather
Go Carts
The drive in  :D  or having to leave  :6:

...what was it for you?

Seeing that big burnout and then getting a little sideways off the line by? BooTheRedneck! Seeing a 6000lb truck do that is something that I will always remember.

Butch

For me the best thing was seeing all of my old friends and meeting some new ones! ?As for sights to remember!

1. An Avalanche can actually do a burn out! ?(Just Talk to Boo the Redneck)
2. 93 Avalanches lined up to see is a wonderful sight!
3. ?The awards dinners was great to see everybody in one place celbrating something we all enjoy.
4. Hotchickens! ?(just never order anything over Mild if you do not like the heat)
5. ?Of course to see a Vette being put together was incrediable (so now how do I afford one of them????)

It was a great event and look forward to the next one!

Squatch

Let's see, my Favorite memory. Dang EQ, ask an easy question.

I guess my favorite memory will have to be seeing all those AVs around the oval at the track. What a spectacular sight.

Second favorite would have to be the burnouts. Way kewl ?(y)

This was one of my favorites!  Seeing friends was the best though!

Attachments

• 111_1145.JPG
    111_1145.JPG
    44.3 KB · Views: 191
  • 111_1144.JPG
    111_1144.JPG
    50.4 KB · Views: 188
I enjoyed every second of it but if I have to pick one thing, I'm going to say hanging out in the parking lot and socializing with the people was the best part. ?

There were so many people there that I felt like I knew but had never seen. ?Now I can say that they are my friends and not just someone that I know through the internet.

To add to the list.....earning my bandana from the special guy who posted above^^^^^^^^^^^. And when I say special.....I mean "special" ! ;) ;D

I have to say it was Frogs (thank you Moma Jo for the recipe) and Chevy Thunder for helping me gather the "ingredients"....

I ***heart**** CT

Frogs:

2 Liter Mt. Dew (pour it in Container)
2 liters of Water w/ (1) Crystal Light - Pink Lemonade dumped in and Shook up) pour it in
1 Liter (or 1/2 of M.D. bottle) of Vodka, pour it in

Mix, serve on ice....A good drink is about 3 oz.

Meeting great people, putting faces to screen names, racing, seeing that many AV's in one place!!  Winning the hypertech  (y)  And I went to a out of town GTG and didn't get a new truck!  >:D (I actually washed it instead of trading it in)  >:D

Z66 BUTCH said:
Seeing that big burnout and then getting a little sideways off the line by? BooTheRedneck, at least I think it was him! Seeing a 6000lb truck do that is something that I will always remember.

Butch

I'll have to agree that the Shootout was an adrenaline-pumping event!

Boo.

Most already know this answer for me...

Shootout without a doubt...  O yeah one more...

The blue grass intake mod...

Attachments

• Blue Green 060.jpg
    Blue Green 060.jpg
    72.4 KB · Views: 1,094
Hug_R_Av said:
Most already know this answer for me...

Shootout without a doubt...? ?O yeah one more...

The blue grass intake mod...

?? Friday's mod = Saturday's? :B: >:D :B:

tree.jpg

I liked hanging out in the parking lot talking to everyone (y)

just got back now it time to clean out the AV. :p

I have a tie on this.

1. The look of sadness (each night) on the face of people that didn't know we were only 45 minutes from Bowling Green & thought we were leaving the GTG, followed by the look of excitement/relief when they discovered that we were only heading home to sleep.

2. Socializing in the parking lot & having people that we've never met before feel like someone we've known for decades. To say this group is more of a family than a "club" is an understatement.  :love:

Although I didn't get to hang out a lot, (My sweet hubby kept me pretty busy!) I actually did have a lot of fun being the girl behind the registration desk!  It meant that I actually got to meet everyone at least once!  I was amazed at how many people I actually already knew.  Goes to show once you meet someone at a GTG, they are in your hearts for a long time!

It's probably a good thing I didn't get to hang out too much in the parking lot.  I think I liked Ky Bob's "drink" a little too much.  I only had one sip - but I could have been in trouble if I had stayed out there too much longer.  Which reminds me - I never got my jello-shot! 

I also smile remembering having to shoo Boo away from the freebie table at dinner more than once and watching Chevy Thunder try to slink past me and hide his name badge.  I told both of them I was going to have to keep my eye on them!  I also got some great hugs from Tinman/Hoss/Hangman/Hug_R_Av/Musiks/and others.

All in all - I had a great time!  I know EQ did as well, but, if I'm honest - I'm glad I get him back to myself for awhile now.  LOL

Wow, which one...

1) ? Signing of Boo's "ho".? Parking lot fun is always a great time whether it is daylight or dark.
2) ? More missing bed panels and tailgates than I have seen before. Actually the entire shootout event.? Tinman driving Boo's truck, Huggie running to his truck when he found out he could go again,? Seeing the 15.422 time on the board.
3) ? The "Mike and David" tag game.
4) ? Most of all, really it is spending time with everyone again and meeting some new friends knowing Oct. is only about 6 months away so we can do it again.? ?Thank you all for being so wonderful.? ? ? :love:? :love:

Kel

Kelly - the "Mike and David" tag game at dinner was so funny!  I was glad I had to stand back there in the corner so that I got to watch people's faces once they were "tagged" and had to go on the search!  >:D

And remember the new guy - Emery - he asked us what Boo had done wrong when everyone started "boo"ing him!  :D

My favorite moments were being with my family. Talking none stop for 1.5 hours in the car with Murman not once but twice in one day.  Sitting next to Boo, Kelly, David and Chris at the dinner.  Making a new best and forever friend in  Tammy!!!  Thank you all for memories of a lifetime! :love: :love: :love:

Wait.......MOOONSHINE.  Don't forget the MOOONSHINE!!!

There was so much to do and see, where does one start?
I enjoyed the Corvette plant tour. Go figure, right?
The race track was definitely a lot of fun.

But the best thing about the GTG was socializing in the parking lot.
Getting to meet other members and putting faces to names.
Making lasting friends has to be the best.

Vetman

Back