• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

4x4, Transfer Case, Or Transmission Problems?

Boar-Ral

Charter Member
SM 2010
SM 2009
SM 2008
SM 2007
SM 2006
SM 2005
SM 2004
SM 2003
My truck has a 3" body lift and I installed 16" wheels instead of the factory 17" and went with a tire with an overall diameter 2" wider. On Tuesday, everything will be recaliberated for this.

Since the tires were installed, I notice that when I accelerate from a stop, it feels like my front wheels are slipping for a moment before the automatic 4x4 engages and remains engaged from then on, unless I go to 2HI and then back to automatic, at which point it does it again. I am wondering if this is due to things not being caliberated yet or if other people have experienced this as well? I believe it is the front wheels slipping, but it might be the rear. It feels almost like I am on ice before the tires bite. Dad noticed it as well when riding with me and it happens 95% of the time. Once things are caliberated I can either rule it out or not. In the meantime though, I am wondering if anyone else has had this happen?

Back