• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

FUEL PUMP PROBLEMS:: Please post YEAR and MILEAGE

FUel Pump Problems - Have you had any?

• Total voters

yakmar

Just out of curiosity, and brought to my attention by another member,? ?figured I'd post to see WHO has had problems with their FUEL PUMPS on the Avalanche, and what YEAR is the truck, and what MILEAGE/KM did it happen at!

2002 SOM AV? ->? ?replaced fuel pump last week, under warranty,? ?at? 38,800 Kilometres!!? (approx . 24,200 Miles)

No problems...

3 7/12 years
56,000 miles ish....

(didn't vote in poll)

no probs with fuel pump per se, but did have tank dropped to replace sending unit for gas gauge under warranty (many have had this done).

Now after warranty, and gas gauge has acted up again two different times.  Experimenting w/ changing gas brands and/or using fuel additive to try to resolve the issue.  Fuel additive seemed to work once, but after couple more tanks, problem is back.

My fuel pump died on my 2002 Av at about 55,000 miles. I was glad I could coast into a Sonic too. Would have hated to ask all those screaming people to help me push!!!  >:D

TheBeast said:
My fuel pump died on my 2002 Av at about 55,000 miles. I was glad I could coast into a Sonic too. Would have hated to ask all those screaming people to help me push!!!? >:D
*hehe*  (y)

2002 and replaced at about 32K but what i understood the filter should be replace frequently.

umax19 said:
2002 and replaced at about 32K but what i understood the filter should be replace frequently.
Interesting.... nobody has mentioned about changing a filter in the fuel pump??? ANy more info on this?

No problems '02 1500 4x4 13,000 miles

No problems '04 Z71 11,000 miles

dead pump!

The filter in the pump is non serviceable, the filter along the frame is

Pump again replaced at 118,000 miles :needhug:

my 03 has a problem with the rear transfer pump.it eather a plug or pump they don't know.the scanner read that the pump was inop.but for $400 plus for the part it can what.

My 2003 had fuel level sensor go out at 42000 miles and just had fuel pump go out at 47000 miles.....set me back around $800 +.  Dealer recommends changing fuel filter regularly since gas grades have declined. :B:

IHAVE AN 02 AV WITH 158K, NO PROBLEMS. BUT I TRY AN KEEP MY TANK FULL AND CHANGE MY FUEL FILTER EVERY 25 OR 30K MILES. THE REASON FOR KEEPING THE TANK FULL IS BECAUSE THE FUEL IS WHAT KEEPS THE PUMP COOL.

Back