Edmunds says Numb Steering??

(1/14) > >>

gjjbmoore:
I've reviewed Edmunds.com and they say that the Avi's have numb steering. What does that mean? I am in the market for one, but I don't want to buy one if the steering is not right. I plan on towing a camper, so any replies are greatly appreciated. The safety of my family is of the upmost importance. I think the Avi's are cool!! :1:

Z71-n-Z28:
Numb as in lack of feeling...  What does Edmund's expect from a 6000 pound vehicle with big tires?

It's no worse than the steering should be for this class of vehicle.

Big Bob:
go to the search button on the top of the page & go to the search board where they have the topics listed , scroll down to the one that says (   Chevrolet Avalanche Towing & Hauling )   and do a search, it should answer a lot of your questions.

The reason for the low response is this subject has been discussed over & over again.

Buy the right truck for your hauling needs ( 2500 vs 1500)

I drive a 1500 it is perfect for me, I don't do any heavy hauling or towing, I live in the city, I have to find a place to go off roading.

funny thing is though once I get it all muddy I can hardly wait to clean it back up again.

any way to make a long story short it is simply the best damn truck I have ever had the pleasure to drive.

numb steering and all.

RichUF:
I dislike the steering in full-size Chevys.  I don't know what the solution may be, but I've just accepted this as one of those GM things that I guess is not going to change (kinda like the cheap interiors  ::))

Still love the truck overall, though, and can't picture myself in any other full-size.

OK, maybe a Nissan Titan  :-X

ygmn:
Quote from: gjjb on 05/16/05 05:14 PM

I've reviewed Edmunds.com and they say that the Avi's have numb steering. What does that mean? I am in the market for one, but I don't want to buy one if the steering is not right. I plan on towing a camper, so any replies are greatly appreciated. The safety of my family is of the upmost importance. I think the Avi's are cool!! :1:

ASk edmunds what they mean......

All these reviewers of various things use words that do not have any context with the subject they are writing about.....

The avy steering is fine to me....but I came from another GM product....before this one....

It is what I know....now...if you are driving a SPORTS CAR...then the Avy steering might seem a bit slow to repond and not have good road feel....buttttttttt...

for a truck is no different then the suburban, tahoe, silverado, and dare I say competitor products.....

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page