• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

4 Corners GTG

Supercharger

SM 2005
The Arizona Avalanches cordially invites all  Colorado Avalanche owners to meet with us for a 4 Corners GTG on Aug 12-14. We are still in the planning stages but you can respond and get further info at the following link: 

http://www.chevyavalanchefanclub.com/cafcna/index.php/topic,47075.0.html

Looking forward to seeing you all there!

How many more can we get from Colorado?​

If everyone on the list shows.. So far we have 11 Avs + 15A + 4C + 3D = A great time!

We are looking forward to meeting new people, making new friends and hanging out with the friends we have already made.

See you at the 4 Corners,
T, D & TJ

Ok Colorado!  I see that Matt has already signed up and I just officially signed up... So Come on Down!

PS-Thanks for getting this started guys!  Let me know if you need some help calling around to places to stay, things to do, etc.

avalanchuck,
A list of a few things to do would be very helpful.

Thanks,
Todd

Darn it!  My daughter is required to be in a parade that day  :E:.  I was all over this trip! 

Now I'm depressed.

ChrisCO

Well there's 4 wheeling of course... I'll have to check into that more later but this'll give you an idea of what's available in the area.
Guide to Colorado Backroads & 4-Wheel Drive Trails Vol. 1-Complete Trail Listing
The closest listed trails are in Area 1... you can get some info from 4x4Trails.net

There is the Durango to Silverton Narrow Gauge RR.

Or several National Parks/Monuments in the area.
Mesa Verde National Park
Natural Bridges National Monument
Hovenweep National Monument
Aztec Ruins National Monument

Hmmm...I will have to keep an eye on that thread.

We've told the squids that we are going to do some "Forced Family Fun" this summer and I think they would actually like to go to Four Corners!

-Joe

JoeSpicoli said:
Hmmm...I will have to keep an eye on that thread.

We've told the squids that we are going to do some "Forced Family Fun" this summer and I think they would actually like to go to Four Corners!

-Joe

That would be great if you included us in the "Forced Family Fun"!  ;D

Hope you can make it,
Todd

Ok folks the 4 Corners GTG is  only 2 months away!!!  :B:

Who's going to join Matt (NORTH CO. AV) and I as the Colorado Contingent at this GTG?  ;D

Join us!

Can't commit yet, but I'm working on it. The kids start school the following Monday, and I'd have to take Friday the 11th off. But I'm working on it

Lloyd

RockyMtnShowtime said:
Can't commit yet, but I'm working on it. The kids start school the following Monday, and I'd have to take Friday the 11th off. But I'm working on it

Lloyd

Cool Lloyd!  I'm taking at least a half day myself that friday. 

Ok... it doesn't look good for me being able to meet up with Supercharger to scope out hotels & campgrounds early for this GTG. :cautious:? Anyone else available meet up in Durango the weekend of July 9 & 10? ???

Ok, folks, i've got the date set for Offroading/Camping gtg it's August 13th thru 20th,? i will be leaving Ill on the 12th, will try to make it to the 4-corners on the 13th, but it's doubtful (1,500 Miles in 24 hours ???),? will definetly get there on the 14th.? ?Click here for more info>? http://www.chevyavalanchefanclub.com/cafcna/index.php/topic,48542.msg757026.html#msg757026

We have talked about going to this GTG, and we are interested.  As of now though, I have no idea if we can come.  I will let you all know later on!

It's about time I saw a different part of my home state, that's for sure  :).

UPDATED INFORMATION ON THE 4 CORNERS GTG! See following link.

http://www.chevyavalanchefanclub.com/cafcna/index.php?topic=47075.msg768732#msg768732

Chuck, talked it over with the family last night. They want to do the camping thing at the #10 KOA. The kids want to ride the train (which is close by) and I like to fish, along with hanging out with the Avers, so that kind of covers it all, eh 

We can coordinate with the other CO members (Joe, Chris, Matt, ) about hooking up along the way down? So as of now, it looks like we'll be joing the festivities   

But Sperry said he would pay for the train!

Welcome Colorado Avalanches - we are glad you are coming! Looking forward to meeting you!

Nick

RockyMtnShowtime said:
Chuck, talked it over with the family last night. They want to do the camping thing at the #10 KOA. The kids want to ride the train (which is close by) and I like to fish, along with hanging out with the Avers, so that kind of covers it all, eh? ?

We can coordinate with the other CO members (Joe, Chris, Matt, ) about hooking up along the way down? So as of now, it looks like we'll be joing the festivities? ?

Got our reservations made at the campground.  (y)  They won't offer a group discount but they are only open 4-5 months a year.

So is the LPM contingent still on for the 4 Corners GTG?  Or is it down to just you and me Lloyd?

Got some bad news for ya. I had to cancel my reservations today. With the kids starting school on Monday the 14th and the wife unable to get off work early on the 12th. we would not be able to get into town until after midnight on Friday. we agreed it was a waste of time to go all that way for just one day of the GTG. Sorry, I was really looking forward to it. I'm bummed  :C:  :C:

Recent events may make it a bit tight for me, if at all.

I paid off the truck, and just after that, the grandkid's cat licked up some antifreeze. He's made it a week, so there's hope (they took him to a vet right away). But the kidney's most always suffer from (ethylene glycol) poisoning, and he'll likely need a tran$plant. Argh!! :E:

And of course other crap that comes along...

I'm not out yet, but a bit doubtful at this point.

Hey Colorado - is any one still coming to the GTG?

Please let us know tonite!! We need to know who we are looking for!

Thanks
Nick

Back