• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

Growth of Local Chapter?

For the organized Local Chapters -How did your members find you?

• Found local chapter from this website.

Votes: 18 51.4%
  • Was tagged by a local member.

Votes: 4 11.4%
  • Local dealer passed info along about website or meetings.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Followed guidelines from this website.

Votes: 2 5.7%
  • Some other method.

Votes: 11 31.4%

• Total voters

Vaeagleav

PM 2022
PM 2021
PM 2020
PM 2019
PM 2018
PM 2017
PM 2016
PM 2015
PM 2014
PM 2013
SM 2006
SM 2005
Hi folks I was just wondering how other local chapters got started and what methods they have used to increase membership and participation.
It does amaze me that some areas of the country have large local groups and seem to have some degree of participation.
I know the large regional and "national " GTGs take a huge amount of help and I am amazied that it comes together and they have up to 100 Avs show up from all over the country.
We try to set up a GTG here and we are lucky if six Avs show up.
So how do you other folks do it?

To increase regional membership, lots of time spent here, watcing threads, posting alot in State sections..?

Here is Region II, if the timing is right most of us would go anywhere to see eachother.. Even former AV owners show up..? We are much like a family, as with several other areas.?
?Best thig to do is pick a date a ways out, and keep talking..?
Last year, we were having issues in Georgia trying to get people to come to Atlanta.. Lots of AVs not alot of members showing up..? Well you need to find something to draw people in..? August last year Hotlanta was born, we were hoping to double our July numbers and have 12 show..? Had several things going on, Hooters lunch, trip to Stone Mountain, Modding at Hotel, involved dealership for dinner, small raffle..? off road trip, etc Just need to have something for everyone..? We ended up with over 60...?

It takes alot of time from several people to pull something.? We were lucky to pull it off in 6 weeks..? But last year was a slow summer in region II so that helped a lot..
Most big GTGs turn into several days..
Sometimes its a competition between the states like Florida, & Georgia always trying to out member eachother..?

Best thing to do is plan on HAVING FUN WITH YOUR AV FAMILY..?

Last years Crystal River GTG was a 2 week planning. Had 28 trucks show up for the entire weekend.

Its all about the people. One thing I have noticed is that people have to be interested in something. Some just by the AVY to have it. Others love it and love to mod it.

These are the few that will actually be a part in any chapter. I for one, have found many friends who will be here long after the AVY is gone. This is what keeps me around. Well, that and modding.

All you can do it promote. Tag AVY's and talk to people. Show them that you are very enthusiastic about this club. People will follow. The more you are excited about something, the more excited people around you will become.

Oh yea, Next year's Crystal River GTG 2 is already up to 40. We are expecting to see somewhere around 60 trucks. If you haven't already done so, please sign up by clicking the link in my sig. We would love to have you.

Also, as a favor to our fellow AV'ers, we also cross promote each others GTG. Helps put the word out faster.

You need to have GTG's on a regular basis and not in the same location.  You need to actively 'tag' people in your area.  You need to actively recruit people who you see on the boards who are in your area.  You should probably start talking the event up about 6-8 weeks out.  You should probably just lay out the plan in full, not alot of discussion on the matter (save discussion for at the GTG, what should be next).  After the GTG, post pictures and list who was there and explain what a great time you had - whether you really did or not.

Start small and keep plugging along even when there are only 2-3 show up for some of your first GTGs, don't give up.

And all of the above is easier to do if you can direct your "Tagg-ees" to the national site, and in particular, your states site.That is why it is important to give Guests access to each state so they can see what is happening in THEIRneighborhoods!!

I would have to say at least sixty% or more of our local members came through the national site to find us. Like Hug_R_Av said, ALOT of time working the state boards to promote and lure people to you. (which is why they need access to state boards!!)

Our Arizona group has grown very fast due to constant promoting, and creative GTG planning. We are active with some kind of GTG nearly every week, some big - some small, but it gives people a chance to come out and meet us, even if they have a tough schedule. Our Saturday Meet & Greet at the carwash has grown from 2 trucks to seven or eight or more. We have had 23 trucks for a parade, 20 + for GM proving grounds.

Just keep giving them something to do, and choices, and they will come!

Nick

Thanks for the ideas and words of encouragement guys! ;D

it all started with a car show at a hooter's for the nj crew.. i saw everyone had started meeting up @ hooters in other states and said, "hey, i'll be there at the car show.. anyone else wanna come check it out?" lightbg and bluethunder showed up and the rest is, as they say, history..  :love: :B:

bikerchic1977 said:
it all started with a car show at a hooter's for the nj crew.. i saw everyone had started meeting up @ hooters in other states and said, "hey, i'll be there at the car show.. anyone else wanna come check it out?" lightbg and bluethunder showed up and the rest is, as they say, history.. :love: :B:

Keep it people/family oriented at all times.............. NJ was fine until some members decided that their agendas came first, and it fragmented into 3 regions that quickly lost identity and purpose, and more than a few good members. If you're planning a modding GTG, make sure there's an activity for wives/husbands and kids to participate in (like a cook-out) and feel like part of the crowd while you're working on your trucks. An outing to an amusement park, drive-in movie, best pizza parlor (or hot dog vendor), etc., are all people focused and fun for everyone. Even though our common bond is the Av it will ALWAYS be the folks who own, drive, pay for, and share them that make the local club strong.

Jake

I'm hoping our BBQ/Pool party on August 13th will draw lots of members and their families. (y) ;D

A little of all.  I?ve tagged folks have relied on the site.  I have a very small growth due to how large my area is.  But I?m gaining new members into the local area. :wave:

With all this good weather now some have experessed a desire to GTG but nothing very enthusiastic.
Any ideas folks?

Can a local chapter really be built? If so how many people to keep it going? :deadhorse:

Still a problem in Virginia, just hope the last GTG will encourage some attendance and growth.

I heard the LAST GTG WAS AWESOME..!!!!! 
You have to start somewhere..
I am ALREADY confirming I WILL NOT MISS THAT GTG AGAIN and will be there NEXT YEAR..!!!!!  Maybe even make it a weekend GTG...

Any other ideas? (Still hard to have GTGs here)  We are having a Toy Run on Nov.16th though.

Back