Home Resources Forums Nationals Meets Store
10/20/14 10:17 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the Chevy Avalanche Fan Club of North America

Become a Supporting Member

Visit the CAFCNA General Store

Home   Help Search Login Register Bookmark  
Advertisement
Put your advertisement image here...

Advertisement

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: what are the speaker size for 02 Avalanche?  (Read 9921 times)
TTSAN

I love the Chevy Avalanche

Awards
« on: 07/04/05 02:15 AM »

I'm planning to put some interior speakers for my 02 Avalanche. I just want to know what size are the speakers for the front and rear.  Which speaker would sound better?? JL or Infinity???

2002 Chevy Avalanche
enkeiavalanche

Awards
« Reply #1 on: 07/04/05 04:27 AM »

First welcome to the club  2nd 6 1/2 will fit fine 3rd JL over Infinity any day....If you like to blow tweeters and you like BRIGHT Highs then you go with Infinity..  Tongue  If you want The next best thing to haveing the Band in the Truck with you and some Great Mid bass then go with JL...
mihklo

I love the Chevy Avalanche!

Awards
« Reply #2 on: 07/04/05 06:40 AM »

If you want The next best thing to haveing the Band in the Truck with you and some Great Mid bass then go with JL...

you're kidding right?  do you sell JL or something?
Yakmar

A long time ago, in an Avalanche far away.......

Awards
« Reply #3 on: 07/04/05 06:52 AM »

If you like to blow tweeters and you like BRIGHT Highs then you go with Infinity.. 

Uhm, sorry to disagree there, but I have YET to blow my tweeters, (I have the INfinity 6000CS in the front, and Coaxials in the rear) and locals will agree that I like to drive with DEAFENING music on!!!  Grin

2002 SOM Av, traded for a 2007 Grey Av, traded for a 2009 Silverado LTZ, traded for current 2011 Silverado 2500HD.... but my one true love always goes back to the Av.
enkeiavalanche

Awards
« Reply #4 on: 07/04/05 07:03 AM »

Yes I we used to sell The top of the line Infinity.. No thanks  We got rid of them in 6 months....
DS
CAFCNA 2008 Supporting Member

Awards
« Reply #5 on: 07/04/05 09:03 AM »

you're kidding right? do you sell JL or something?

Yeah, he sells JL and he's sponsored by them, and shows his Av for them.

Now as for the question, go and listen to some speakers at local stores/shops. Listening to them on a sound board in a store is totally different than listening to them in a car, but it's better than nothing. If you go to some independent shops, they should have a demo car or customer's car sitting around that you can check out and listen to.

Your ears will tell you more about speakers than all of the collective knowledge on this board, simply because your listening tastes and habits and your hearing will dictate what sounds good to you.

If you definately want one of the two you listed, they both make reputable products to fit just about any budget.

mihklo

I love the Chevy Avalanche!

Awards
« Reply #6 on: 07/04/05 11:37 AM »

Yeah, he sells JL and he's sponsored by them, and shows his Av for them.

Now as for the question, go and listen to some speakers at local stores/shops. Listening to them on a sound board in a store is totally different than listening to them in a car, but it's better than nothing. If you go to some independent shops, they should have a demo car or customer's car sitting around that you can check out and listen to.

Your ears will tell you more about speakers than all of the collective knowledge on this board, simply because your listening tastes and habits and your hearing will dictate what sounds good to you.

If you definately want one of the two you listed, they both make reputable products to fit just about any budget.

kinda figured that. 

i agree with the rest as well.  every person has a different opinion on what they like. 
TTSAN

Awards
« Reply #7 on: 07/04/05 01:25 PM »

so it's 6.5 in the front and 6.5 in the back right??? and i guess it will fit in perfectly without modification..and about the brand, i'm looking for something with a little bass and tremble at the same time.

2002 Chevy Avalanche
TTSAN

Awards
« Reply #8 on: 07/04/05 11:45 PM »

one more question...

if i were to get speakers, do i get component speakers for the front and back or just component in the front and 2 way in the back?  just making sure becuase i'm about to order the speakers.

2002 Chevy Avalanche
irontrain
CAFCNA Global Moderator

Chicago BULLS #1

Awards
« Reply #9 on: 07/05/05 12:38 AM »

one more question...

if i were to get speakers, do i get component speakers for the front and back or just component in the front and 2 way in the back?  just making sure becuase i'm about to order the speakers.

I went with the comps. in the front and 2 ways in the rear. Personally it seems most of the sound I hear comes from the front.

This space for rent
muddx2

Awards
« Reply #10 on: 11/25/12 06:13 PM »

seems like my rear door in my '02 i guess has 6.5 and a separate 1.5 tweeter.
AvyOwner23

Black On Black

Awards
« Reply #11 on: 11/28/12 01:09 PM »

Bro go all infinity, put two 8's  or 10's under the seat along with the infinity audio speakers. You won't be disappointed.. I know i'm not.  Cheesy

2002 Chevy Avalanche Z-71 240,XXX miles and still going strong.
-2 8 inch infinity subs under the rear seats
- Off brand 1100 watt amp, it does its job well
- 6000k Fog/ Driving Lamps
- Amber DRL's
More mods coming
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: