• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

what are the speaker size for 02 Avalanche?

TTSAN

I'm planning to put some interior speakers for my 02 Avalanche. I just want to know what size are the speakers for the front and rear.  Which speaker would sound better?? JL or Infinity???

First welcome to the club  2nd 6 1/2 will fit fine 3rd JL over Infinity any day....If you like to blow tweeters and you like BRIGHT Highs then you go with Infinity..  :p  If you want The next best thing to haveing the Band in the Truck with you and some Great Mid bass then go with JL...

enkeiavalanche said:
? If you want The next best thing to haveing the Band in the Truck with you and some Great Mid bass then go with JL...

you're kidding right?  do you sell JL or something?

enkeiavalanche said:
If you like to blow tweeters and you like BRIGHT Highs then you go with Infinity..?

Uhm, sorry to disagree there, but I have YET to blow my tweeters, (I have the INfinity 6000CS in the front, and Coaxials in the rear) and locals will agree that I like to drive with DEAFENING music on!!!? ;D

Yes I we used to sell The top of the line Infinity.. No thanks  We got rid of them in 6 months....

mihklo said:
you're kidding right? do you sell JL or something?

Yeah, he sells JL and he's sponsored by them, and shows his Av for them.

Now as for the question, go and listen to some speakers at local stores/shops. Listening to them on a sound board in a store is totally different than listening to them in a car, but it's better than nothing. If you go to some independent shops, they should have a demo car or customer's car sitting around that you can check out and listen to.

Your ears will tell you more about speakers than all of the collective knowledge on this board, simply because your listening tastes and habits and your hearing will dictate what sounds good to you.

If you definately want one of the two you listed, they both make reputable products to fit just about any budget.

DS said:
Yeah, he sells JL and he's sponsored by them, and shows his Av for them.

Now as for the question, go and listen to some speakers at local stores/shops. Listening to them on a sound board in a store is totally different than listening to them in a car, but it's better than nothing. If you go to some independent shops, they should have a demo car or customer's car sitting around that you can check out and listen to.

Your ears will tell you more about speakers than all of the collective knowledge on this board, simply because your listening tastes and habits and your hearing will dictate what sounds good to you.

If you definately want one of the two you listed, they both make reputable products to fit just about any budget.

kinda figured that. 

i agree with the rest as well.  every person has a different opinion on what they like. 

so it's 6.5 in the front and 6.5 in the back right??? and i guess it will fit in perfectly without modification..and about the brand, i'm looking for something with a little bass and tremble at the same time.

one more question...

if i were to get speakers, do i get component speakers for the front and back or just component in the front and 2 way in the back?  just making sure becuase i'm about to order the speakers.

TTSAN said:
one more question...

if i were to get speakers, do i get component speakers for the front and back or just component in the front and 2 way in the back?? just making sure becuase i'm about to order the speakers.

I went with the comps. in the front and 2 ways in the rear. Personally it seems most of the sound I hear comes from the front.

seems like my rear door in my '02 i guess has 6.5 and a separate 1.5 tweeter.

Bro go all infinity, put two 8's  or 10's under the seat along with the infinity audio speakers. You won't be disappointed.. I know i'm not.  :D

Back