Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Keep CAFCNA Alive! Become a Supporting Member Today!

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 ... 1147   Go Down

Author Topic: Re: ARCHIVED: New Members Say Hello & Post Here First  (Read 449457 times)

Biggie

• GOBUCKEYES
Re: Re: ARCHIVED: New Members Say Hello & Post Here First
« Reply #100 on: June 6, 2003, 04:32:20 AM »

wecome to the site JoBu if you need help with your sig clickHERE or if you have ideas or something just post your picture....

Proud Member Of The BoilerMakers Local 696 Union

AvDaddy

• I love my dk gray metallic, Z-71 Avalanche!
« Reply #101 on: June 6, 2003, 13:03:40 PM »

Welcome to the club!  I'm a new AV owner as of last week, even though I've been a member for a few months.  It's a great site with a great group of folks.  

Post on!

Dazed Dave

• CAFCNA 2003 Supporting Member
  • Proud owner of the Grey Wolf
« Reply #102 on: June 6, 2003, 17:18:42 PM »

Hi Ya'll
  Sig Pic removed Exceeded file size limit of 30kb

03 Z-66 dk grey metallic unclad roof rack side rails, butt warming leather seats etc, etc, etc

If you can't be good, be good at it

gward

« Reply #103 on: June 7, 2003, 20:57:41 PM »

Hello all!

gward

« Reply #104 on: June 7, 2003, 21:00:21 PM »

I've had my AV for a little over a year now.  I like it more each and every day.

Phantom

• CAFCNA 2003 Supporting Member
« Reply #105 on: June 7, 2003, 21:43:01 PM »

gward, just curious did someone give you a club brochure?
Visit the New England Crew at CAFCNE

[/url]

2002, 1500, Z71, SOM, Leather, 12/01 Build, 3.73 Loaded.
Rank My Ride

Larrs

« Reply #106 on: June 8, 2003, 02:24:43 AM »

Hello to all.  Newb here to the boards but have owned a '02 AV for about 5 months.  Not many mods yet but I have plans  :P.
So far only have the hood deflector and the snugtop.   Purchased the steering wheel stero controls but have yet to install them.  I had a bad exerience with an airbag installing a blower on my Firehawk and really hate messing with the steering column.

Some great ideas and mods here.  I look forward to seeing what you guys come up with.

Biggie

• GOBUCKEYES
« Reply #107 on: June 10, 2003, 15:17:12 PM »

I KNOW WE HAVE ALOT OF NEWBIES TONIGHT WHERE YOU AT ?

BBlueAV

• I got my AV 'cause the wife insisted, Heh, Heh!!!!
« Reply #108 on: June 11, 2003, 04:46:10 AM »

Welcome newbies! ;D
'03 Z71 WBH, Arrival Blue w/ bucket seats, Bose system, Convenience Pkg, Wheel Flare and Molding, Assist Steps, Roof Rack, Trlr Pkg...and the mods are a comin'!!

Theo

• ABSOLUTELY NO BOZOs near my AV...
« Reply #109 on: June 11, 2003, 06:13:46 AM »

Hey can anyone tell me how to get a CAFN club sticker? Did I miss something  ;D. Love my truck and some of you all have some trick Av's. Have only seen one modded one around Wichita. Lots of stock ones though none seem real interested in being very friendly. Guess they just dont know what they got  ;) and the network available.. I would like to know if there is a Kansas Chapter and if it is active. Please get in touch if you can hook a guy and his Av up!  8)
Friends call me Theo.. 2003 1500 Z71 Arrival Blue WBH, with Factory Bose speakers and 6 disk stereo, Amber DRL's, Chrome Westin Signature Series Nerf Bars, Stull Chrome Grill insert, Stillen bug deflector and Ventshade wind and rain deflectors, rollin on 16 x 8 Diamond Back American Racing Wheels wrapped with 285/75 16's Baja Champion All Terrain BFG's, Chevy Bowtie Hitch cover, Avalanche windshield decal and more to come.....Shveeet.....

LancheLess

« Reply #110 on: June 11, 2003, 08:16:33 AM »

;D   Newb here. No AV yet. Currently running a 96 Tahoe. Before that I was in a 90 Chevy 4x4. I am hoping to get into a black WBH AV in the next 3 or 4 months. I have learned alot so far and hope to continue learning about the AV in the future.

Both of my Chevys have gone well over 200,000 on original engines and trannys and I hope to have the same success with the AV.

pdxkevin

• CAFCNA 2006 Supporting Member
  • Spero nos familiares mansuros
    • pdxkevin's webshots albums
« Reply #111 on: June 11, 2003, 08:31:12 AM »

Welcome aboard.  

There is a ton of stuff on this site.  I am amazed at how much can be done and has been done with and to the AV.
...  Go Play outside  ...

pdxkevin

• CAFCNA 2006 Supporting Member
  • Spero nos familiares mansuros
    • pdxkevin's webshots albums
« Reply #112 on: June 11, 2003, 08:38:50 AM »

... I would like to know if there is a Kansas Chapter and if it is active. Please get in touch if you can hook a guy and his Av up!  8)

Yep... check out Region III - Midwest and Great Lakes for activites in your area.

I beleive that Tdybr27 is the KC Chapter Coordinator. Looks like there was a great get together (GTG) just a bit ago.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2003, 08:39:43 AM by pdxkevin »
...  Go Play outside  ...

Biggie

• GOBUCKEYES
« Reply #113 on: June 11, 2003, 13:19:37 PM »

Welcome To The Club if you have any questions about anything send me a pm i am from the Great lakes region

Theo

• ABSOLUTELY NO BOZOs near my AV...
« Reply #114 on: June 12, 2003, 01:03:24 AM »

Yep... check out Region III - Midwest and Great Lakes for activites in your area.

I beleive that Tdybr27 is the KC Chapter Coordinator. Looks like there was a great get together (GTG) just a bit ago.

Thanks, KC is about 3 hours from here, looking for Avers in the Wichita area.. Noticed a thread from a group of about 4-5 Kansans in the RegionIII Forum and will try to hook up there. There is one from Towanda and that  is just a couple of miles from me.  Thanks again for the hook up...
Friends call me Theo.. 2003 1500 Z71 Arrival Blue WBH, with Factory Bose speakers and 6 disk stereo, Amber DRL's, Chrome Westin Signature Series Nerf Bars, Stull Chrome Grill insert, Stillen bug deflector and Ventshade wind and rain deflectors, rollin on 16 x 8 Diamond Back American Racing Wheels wrapped with 285/75 16's Baja Champion All Terrain BFG's, Chevy Bowtie Hitch cover, Avalanche windshield decal and more to come.....Shveeet.....

rapid-richard

• I love the Chevy Avalanche!
« Reply #115 on: June 12, 2003, 01:18:12 AM »

Just got my AV in dark met. grey with 20" ASA wheels and godyear 284/50s a few days ago. I sell chevrolets so I have looked at them for a long time. They are a blast to sell because people never realize how well everything works till you show them, then they sell themselfs. I hesitated till the WBH came out because they were a little radical for my taste(no to be a negative, just my personal thing) I love the new dark clading and when I saw the first dark gray without clading and with fender flares I was hooked. Traded in my 03 extended cab chevy I had for 7 months and love the new AV. Have been lurking on this site for a few days and it is a great site. I love all versions of the AV  and think it will get a lot more market share now that they have both versions.

Richard j :B:

powertrain53

• AV, the best damn vehicle on the road
« Reply #116 on: June 12, 2003, 04:59:31 AM »

Great site with alot of extremely useful input.  Will be surfing on a daily basis.  
Dave

mossman

« Reply #117 on: June 12, 2003, 10:29:46 AM »

Hello all, picking up my plain WBH Black baby on Satuday. Had to fight with them for a good price on an extended warr. But now I know how to do it. Got the 60/100 for $1400 from GMPP. Wanted the GM warr because use to be a service manager and this warr is gold. Anyhow looking for pics of a black with yukon xl modings. Anyone got them?
Thanks

sameb

« Reply #118 on: June 12, 2003, 12:01:43 PM »

New to the site..old to the earth (57) but still young at heart.  Found the site while pricing new '03 AV.  Have, and love, my '02, but too many bells and whistles on the '03 to pass up.  Had every intention of going WBH, but the more I looked the less I liked it.  Looks like a Silverado...not an AV.  Didn't like the multi-colored front bumper, black plastic door handles and mirrors, and loss of the step assist on the rear bumper.

The decision was extremely difficult though, 'cause the WBH is still an AV, still beautiful (especially the DGM that was being delivered while I was at the dealer), and because my wife really wanted the LPM WBH.  Anyhow, will be picking up my dark gray metallic, fully cladded '03 on Saturday.

Have been mesmerized by this board for the last week, and have gotten a lot of useful information.  The only mod on my '02 was unintentional.....I ran into a light standard in a parking lot and had to replace the front bumper and bumper cladding.  Hope all the mods on my '03 are intentional.

TallTodd

« Reply #119 on: June 13, 2003, 03:33:49 AM »

Congrats to all you newbies! Being a seasoned Av veteran (I've had mine 2 weeks! ;D) I know you'll love your rides and love this site. The collective information of the members of CAFCNA is incredible.
'03 Z71, Dark Gray Metallic, Amber DRLs, K&N, Testors Painted Key Mod and Cladding Lettering, Silverstars, "Custom" full length Juniper Tree scratches on both sides.

SnowTrojan

« Reply #120 on: June 13, 2003, 15:05:31 PM »

Woo hoo!  Newbie here.  I was a Dodge man (currently driving a '99 Ram), but I'm waiting on paperwork to buy a new 2003 Avalanche C1500 in Pewter and without the body armor.  Being the first truck under my name, it's watered-down, so I'm hoping y'all will give me tips as I start mods (when I can afford it ;D).

SOLD: 2003 Avalanche WBH LPM
NEW! 2005 Avalanche WBH Z66 DGM[/b] - Mods:  ADRL, Chrome Door Handles, Chrome Moldings...

mcrendog

• CAFCNA 2004 Supporting Member
  • Assistant Professor of Mechanical Engineering
    • my site
« Reply #121 on: June 13, 2003, 15:45:04 PM »

Woo hoo!  Newbie here.  I was a Dodge man (currently driving a '99 Ram), but I'm waiting on paperwork to buy a new 2003 Avalanche C1500 in Pewter and without the body armor.  Being the first truck under my name, it's watered-down, so I'm hoping y'all will give me tips as I start mods (when I can afford it ;D).

Welcome SnowTrojan,

I'm also a newbie, I've had my AV since Memorial Day. I had a pretty good buying experience with the people at Arrow Chevy in Midlothian, IL. (I promised the dealer I would say that! And it's true.) Anyways, the first mod that I did was I purchased stickers to cover those annoying warning labels on the visors. You can check out the discussion here.

I'm not a big modder but if there were other fairly inexpensive mods I would consider them. Hopefully others will respond to this question.
My Chevy Avalanche! - 2003 Z66, Arrival Blue WBH with full leather.

Mods: Pinstriping, Tailgate lettering, Amber DRLs, Line of Fire, Billet Fuel Door and the Av tent. http://www.michaelreynolds.com/av.html

Biggie

• GOBUCKEYES
« Reply #122 on: June 13, 2003, 17:27:07 PM »

Welcome to the site guys....

kaleighspapa

« Reply #123 on: June 14, 2003, 03:15:49 AM »

Hello all from Las Vegas! Awesome site! I own have a 2003 Av...2500 Dk Grey...looking at mods, lots of $$. Like to get a club here in Sin City, we have a lot of AV's here. Looking forward to being a member. Ed

Zero

• Z--B-E-A-S-T
    • My Av's Website!
« Reply #124 on: June 14, 2003, 10:01:05 AM »

I've had my Av for over a year now, and loving every moment of it.
Check out the website I just created a week ago.

What do you guys think about the foglight look, I will be making some attachements to fit the brush guard.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 ... 1147   Go Up

Page created in 0.16 seconds with 23 queries.