Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Keep CAFCNA Alive! Become a Supporting Member Today!

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 ... 1147   Go Down

Author Topic: Re: ARCHIVED: New Members Say Hello & Post Here First  (Read 437406 times)

txyank1

• CAFCNA 2007 Supporting Member
Re: Re: ARCHIVED: New Members Say Hello & Post Here First
« Reply #25 on: 05/22/03 12:10 AM »

I do like the aftermarket hood on Joelis's Yellow. :)  (previous page)  
Any idea where to get that????

Welcome and congrats on the new ride. Those scoops look like they might be the Lund add-on scoops. If they are, they sure did a nice job as they don't have that add-on look. :1:
« Last Edit: 05/22/03 12:11 AM by txyank1 »
'03 LPM WBH Base model W/Buckets&Bose 2/13/03-1/16/06.
'05 BBM WBH Base model W/Sun&Sound 1/16/06-6/3/06
'06 SBM WBH Z66 W/Sun&Sound 6/3/06--11/19/14 : Pro Cold CAI W/Airaid tube; VentVisors; Lloyd Mats; MagLite Mod; Painted: BT, grille mesh, engine cover, hitch cover; Tahoe Z71 rear bumper; Gatorbacked on 3/4/09;
11/19/14 Downsized - Traded the Av for a Lincoln MKX. Sure did love the AV!!

Biggie

• GOBUCKEYES
« Reply #26 on: 05/22/03 04:18 AM »

[size=10][glow=red, 2, 300]WELCOME TO THE CLUB mountainman97[/glow][/size]

Proud Member Of The BoilerMakers Local 696 Union

sparky

• CAFCNA 2005 Supporting Member
  • Put on your seatbelt, I'm gonna try sumthin'
« Reply #27 on: 05/22/03 11:41 AM »

Welcome and congrats on the new ride. Those scoops look like they might be the Lund add-on scoops. If they are, they sure did a nice job as they don't have that add-on look. :1:

I believe those are the Lund stick ons, but I'm told there is a ram air hood out there now for the WBH. It fits the Silverado as well. Might want to confirm on the mod thread for ram air hoods.
Sig Pic removed Exceeded file size limit of 30kb

02 blk Z71 Born 06/01 K&N Gen2, HF flow exh., drop kit, cladding paint, Cargopro, TOGs, Whipple S/C, Whip tuner, ramair hood, Stripeman Z71, 20" Epic Blitz, 22" Players, Stull grl, custom BT, JVC 12 disc cd, spoiler, sunvsr, sail window, SLP Rockers, much more..
PictureTrail Gallery

SnoWave

« Reply #28 on: 05/23/03 04:53 PM »

3:30 PM today, my wife and I took possesion of an 03 Pewter Metallic Avalanch 2500, heavy duty trailering package (so I can trailer hot rods), locking differential, Bose Stereo, high back bucket seats.  ;D
This thing is fantastic, reading about it is one thing, driving it is 8). All the good things that I read about the Avalanches are understatements ;D.
We officially declared it hers. My personal car is a 1990 Vette that I bought new (will never part with it). I also have a 1968 SS396 Camaro (it is a one owner too,me).
I also have a 1953 Studebaker Commander Starliner that I want to restore. OH, I'm nuts about cars, always have been.
I drove up to the dealer in my 1989 F150, that got another $500 knocked off the price! Heck I couldn't have traded it in for that much!

Hello All. Glad to meet your aquaintence.

avz66

• CAFCNA 2009 Supporting Member
  • AV - AHOLIC!!!
« Reply #29 on: 05/23/03 04:57 PM »

Congrats on your new AV and Welcome to the club SnoWave.
2002 Avalanche Z66 Indigo Blue - Bought 9-25-01 as of today  0,106,000 miles

66 AV gtgs - 22,892 Miles - Tx. (Hou, S.A.,A) LA, KY, AL,TENN., SD, Wy

CAFCNA Member - 305

Mods - Cowl Hood, Epic Gladiator 20s, Volant CAI, SportsWing, Flowmaster 40, Trenz Bullet Grill and Bowtie, AMP fuel door

7-13-15 stage 4 cancer

BBlueAV

• I got my AV 'cause the wife insisted, Heh, Heh!!!!
« Reply #30 on: 05/23/03 05:01 PM »

Welcome aboard!  Glad to have you with us! ;D
'03 Z71 WBH, Arrival Blue w/ bucket seats, Bose system, Convenience Pkg, Wheel Flare and Molding, Assist Steps, Roof Rack, Trlr Pkg...and the mods are a comin'!!

imaniguana

• Charter Member
  • I love my second Z71 Av!
« Reply #31 on: 05/23/03 05:04 PM »

Welcome to the club SnoWave and congrats on the new Av!   :1:
03 Dark Grey Metallic, 1500 Z71, OnStar, leather seats with carcass warmers, convenience pkg., sunroof, luggage rack, steps, Bose factory sound, and GM bug deflector, amber DRLs.

TexAVfan

« Reply #32 on: 05/23/03 05:08 PM »

Welcome to the club - WOW what a great list of cars you have - I hope you enjoy your AV as much as we all enjoy ours, course I had a 68 Camaro and several Vettes in my younger days and it just goes to show Chevys are awesome!  The AV is the best truck I have ever had.  ;)

Skidd

• CAFCNA 2003 Supporting Member
  • Member # 1394
« Reply #33 on: 05/23/03 11:00 PM »

Welcome to the club... and congrats.

I'm going to move this into an existing thread for welcoming new members.

CodemansMom

« Reply #34 on: 05/24/03 02:05 PM »

Welcome to all of the newbies to the tribe of Avalanche lovers, whether you have one that is "clothed" or "nekkid".  Doesn't matter.  This is the greatest place on planet Earth to either sit back and read, or share what you know.   An automatic family here! ;D

Love the yellow WBH joelis!  IMHO, that is the sharpest "nekkid" Av color I have seen yet!  My bro-in-law has a Forest Green WBH (click the sig) and I thought that was the sharpest, next to the black.  Yellow definitely makes a statement!

Once again, welcome everyone!  Enjoy your new family! ;)

Lorry

02 SW Z71, ADRL's, 885's, SilverStars, K&N, Flowmaster 50 SUV, Mag-lite, LOF, Bug Basher, AvMountain Decals on C's, Visors & Rear 1/4's, Billet Grille & Fuel Door, Flag Bowtie, Reflective Tape, Patriotic Decals on cladding/tailgate, Windshield decal, Patriotic 3rd Brake Light Decal

xogoofyxo

• Don't Get Eliminated!
« Reply #35 on: 05/24/03 05:21 PM »

Well I dont know if I am still considered a newbie, but my boss says I will be one until I have more years in than he does ;D.  I have been visiting the site for about 2 months and about a month back I decided to get rid of the welcome guest thing at the top.  I have had my AV since last october and have traveled to MN and TX with it and it is the BEST riding vehicle I have ever owned.  I hope that a MO GTG gets organized and I can talk the wife into going to it.  

Big boys have bigger toys

• 2003 Avalanche owner
« Reply #36 on: 05/25/03 01:47 PM »

Hey!  I just bought a new 2003 Avalanche and love the thing.  Where do I find full seat covers for the bucket seats and a snug top that will fit this thing?  So far the dealer and a search has found me nothing for the 2003?.....

Thanks.

txyank1

• CAFCNA 2007 Supporting Member
« Reply #37 on: 05/25/03 02:24 PM »

Hey!  I just bought a new 2003 Avalanche and love the thing.  Where do I find full seat covers for the bucket seats and a snug top that will fit this thing?  So far the dealer and a search has found me nothing for the 2003?.....
Thanks.

Snugtops are only sold through GM Dealers. There aren't any changes to the '03 that would cause one for an '02 not to fit. And Welcome to the Club.
'03 LPM WBH Base model W/Buckets&Bose 2/13/03-1/16/06.
'05 BBM WBH Base model W/Sun&Sound 1/16/06-6/3/06
'06 SBM WBH Z66 W/Sun&Sound 6/3/06--11/19/14 : Pro Cold CAI W/Airaid tube; VentVisors; Lloyd Mats; MagLite Mod; Painted: BT, grille mesh, engine cover, hitch cover; Tahoe Z71 rear bumper; Gatorbacked on 3/4/09;
11/19/14 Downsized - Traded the Av for a Lincoln MKX. Sure did love the AV!!

Bruno

• Ridin' High Member_#2014
« Reply #38 on: 05/25/03 02:32 PM »

Welcome to the club - WOW what a great list of cars you have - I hope you enjoy your AV as much as we all enjoy ours, course I had a 68 Camaro and several Vettes in my younger days and it just goes to show Chevys are awesome!  The AV is the best truck I have ever had.  ;)

Wow, Tex you had a 69 Camaro too!!  I have a 1968, Z28.  Loved and modded that car to death...then got married.  Car had to go to make room for little ones.  :6:

2002 Z71, Victory Red, MSD wires, K&N Filter, Glassscapes American flag on the rear window. Texas Bowtie, etc, etc.

Biggie

• GOBUCKEYES
« Reply #39 on: 05/26/03 03:57 AM »

Wow, Tex you had a 69 Camaro too!!  I have a 1968, Z28.  Loved and modded that car to death...then got married.  Car had to go to make room for little ones.  :6:

awwww

TexAVfan

« Reply #40 on: 05/26/03 06:46 AM »

Well I dont know if I am still considered a newbie, but my boss says I will be one until I have more years in than he does ;D.  I have been visiting the site for about 2 months and about a month back I decided to get rid of the welcome guest thing at the top.  I have had my AV since last october and have traveled to MN and TX with it and it is the BEST riding vehicle I have ever owned.  I hope that a MO GTG gets organized and I can talk the wife into going to it.  

Well for sure the next time your in Texas give us a shout and we can have a GTG for ya - we are always lookin for a reason to cruise down here!  ;) :)

Biggie

• GOBUCKEYES
« Reply #41 on: 05/26/03 07:13 AM »

welcome stump_breaker hope you like the site!

tgriffit

« Reply #42 on: 05/27/03 02:27 PM »

This site is awesome!  Just another feature of owning an AV!  ;D  Just got an Arrival Blue AV Saturday.  LOVE IT!  Actually went to look at the Silverado's, saw the AV without the body armour and never looked at the Silverado.  Great truck!  Now i'm looking at running boards.  Any suggestions?  I'd like to see some pictures of the Nerf bars but am not a big fan of them and nobody has pictures of the AV's with any of the other running boards.  Getting tired of watching my son have to struggle gettin in the back!!   Any links with pics would be appreciated!!

Biggie

• GOBUCKEYES
« Reply #43 on: 05/27/03 04:16 PM »

wecome to the site tgriffit sorry i cant type much more messed up my wrist about 5 mins with one hand
:( its all good though  :)

xogoofyxo

• Don't Get Eliminated!
« Reply #44 on: 05/27/03 04:27 PM »

welcome tgriffit you can see the westin nerfs in my signature, if you want I can get you some close up pics. :)

2003RedZ71

« Reply #45 on: 05/28/03 02:12 PM »

Hey guys.  I just got a 2003 red Z71 Avalanche without body hardware.  I've been debating on whether to put a black or a chrome brush guard on it.  I was wondering if anyone had any pictures of red Avalanches with either the chrome or the black brush guard so I can get an idea of how each looks.  Thanks a lot!

EarthQuake

« Reply #46 on: 05/28/03 02:16 PM »

Hey welcome to the club.  What part of AL are you in?  I'm sure we can find some pics to show you, may not be without the body hardware but you can get the idea.

EarthQuake

« Reply #47 on: 05/28/03 02:46 PM »

Matts_U.A.V.
« Last Edit: 05/28/03 02:46 PM by EarthQuake »

Skidd

• Member # 1394
« Reply #48 on: 05/28/03 02:50 PM »

Welcome to the club 2003RedZ71 and I'm sure you'll find lots of good information.

There is a specific thread on the Brush bars and you will find it here....

Brush guard thread

It has lots of links to pics posted by many contributors, not sure if there are any red avs specifically... but have a look.  If you have any questions about the guards please post them in that thread.  There is also a few threads devoted to members photos of their avs, you may want to check them out.

I'm moving this thread over to our new member introductions area where some other members may also give you some hints.

Skidd  7;)

Skidd

• Member # 1394
« Reply #49 on: 05/28/03 03:05 PM »

Hey guys.  I just got a 2003 red Z71 Avalanche without body hardware.  I've been debating on whether to put a black or a chrome brush guard on it.  I was wondering if anyone had any pictures of red Avalanches with either the chrome or the black brush guard so I can get an idea of how each looks.  Thanks a lot!

Maybe you could take this one and fill in the chrome with Photoshop and see how it looks...

« Last Edit: 05/28/03 03:06 PM by Skidd-au »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 ... 1147   Go Up

Page created in 0.148 seconds with 23 queries.