Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Keep CAFCNA Alive! Become a Supporting Member Today!

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 ... 1147   Go Down

Author Topic: Re: ARCHIVED: New Members Say Hello & Post Here First  (Read 439831 times)

Gravalanche

Re: Re: ARCHIVED: New Members Say Hello & Post Here First
« Reply #75 on: 05/28/03 05:17 PM »

LOL, My dad owns his own business....Electrical SOmething or another.....

Im going now to bed.....also, do you have the windshield graphic?

AvaLance

• CAFCNA 2005 Supporting Member
  • RIP Avalanche 2002-2013
« Reply #76 on: 05/28/03 05:18 PM »

Well my dad is a funeral Director and yes I have the windshield graphic.

this will also be my last post tonight
Current
18 Silverado Centennial Edition Z71, Centennial Blue LTZ

PAST (My Av's will be missed)
18 Traverse 3LT, Silver Ice
16 Silverado Crew Cab LTZ TX Ed Tungsten Gray
15 Silverado Crew Cab LTZ Z71 Deep Ocean Blue
14 Silverado LT Texas Edition, Rainforest Green
07 Avalanche Z71 LT3 Summit White
06 Avalanche Z71 Summit White
02 Avalanche Z71 Summit White

Q

• CAFCNA 2003 Supporting Member
  • I love the Chevy Avalanche!
« Reply #77 on: 05/29/03 02:09 AM »

Hi All,  I have been lurking and enjoying this site for a while now.  I bought my AV a little over a month ago.  I love it.  I am in Houston.  I see a lot of members who are in or near Houston.  I have yet to see any amber DRL's, but I keep looking.  I signed up through Pay Pal to be a supporting member.  I see there are some issues.  I haven't received any form of acknowledgement for over a month now.  I really like this group and hope the issues are resolved soon.
2003 Base, Dark Green Metallic, Amber DRL's, in Houston, Texas

txyank1

• CAFCNA 2007 Supporting Member
« Reply #78 on: 05/29/03 02:14 AM »

Welcome Q. Ignore the naysayers and enjoy the Site. That Green is a beautiful color. I had a Polo Green Sierra before I bought my Av.
'03 LPM WBH Base model W/Buckets&Bose 2/13/03-1/16/06.
'05 BBM WBH Base model W/Sun&Sound 1/16/06-6/3/06
'06 SBM WBH Z66 W/Sun&Sound 6/3/06--11/19/14 : Pro Cold CAI W/Airaid tube; VentVisors; Lloyd Mats; MagLite Mod; Painted: BT, grille mesh, engine cover, hitch cover; Tahoe Z71 rear bumper; Gatorbacked on 3/4/09;
11/19/14 Downsized - Traded the Av for a Lincoln MKX. Sure did love the AV!!

Q

« Reply #79 on: 05/29/03 02:46 AM »

Thanks,  I like the green, also.  If the dealer had a yellow in stock, I would have gone for that, but I am not complaining.  I haven't done any modding, yet.  I am a single parent to a beautiful little 2 year old girl.  Working full time, taking care of a home, and a child barely leaves time to keep the AV clean.  BTW, my name is Quang (that is where the Q comes from).  Most people call me Wayne.  I am American, but I have a Vietnamese step-family.  (Texan by choice.)  My little girl loves the AV.  She can see outside much better than she could in the previous auto.
2003 Base, Dark Green Metallic, Amber DRL's, in Houston, Texas

2003RedZ71

« Reply #80 on: 05/29/03 05:17 AM »

Hey guys.  I finally got my brushguard put on and got some pictures made, so I thought I'd post one.
« Last Edit: 06/10/03 10:13 AM by 2003RedZ71 »

EarthQuake

« Reply #81 on: 05/29/03 05:23 AM »

I spent untold amounts on adding LCD screens, rims, underbody lights, cd player, subwoofers...It's incredible how much more I enjoy the Avalanche.  

You'll fit in nicely around here.

I'm sending you a private message.  

alderban

« Reply #82 on: 05/29/03 05:26 AM »

Good site location???

...you have arrived...Welcome!

Scavenger

« Reply #83 on: 06/01/03 04:29 AM »

Just picked up my Av last Wednesday and I couldn't be happier with it. Here's a pic. I have yet to see any other WBH models driving around here in Maryland. I have noticed that a lot of people who don't like the Av because of the cladding change their mind once they see one of the WBH models.

[attachment deleted by admin larger then 100KB]
------------------------------------------------------------
2003 Avalanche Z71 Arrival Blue, WBH, Full Feature Leather Bucket Seats, Tubular Side Steps, Electric Sunroof, Wheel Flare and Molding Package, Driver Convenience Package, Personal Security Package, XM Radio, Roof Rack, Heavy Duty Trailering Package.

Biggie

• GOBUCKEYES
« Reply #84 on: 06/01/03 06:11 AM »

wecome to the site and NICE TRUCK

Proud Member Of The BoilerMakers Local 696 Union

valhrona

« Reply #85 on: 06/02/03 12:35 AM »

I'd love to get feedback on the Avalanche, as I am looking at buying one or possibly an SUV.  Can you provide direction?

sparky

• CAFCNA 2005 Supporting Member
  • Put on your seatbelt, I'm gonna try sumthin'
« Reply #86 on: 06/02/03 12:57 AM »

The simplest advice is to think of some words and use the search function. There is a ton of information here.
Stay away from the mod sites unless you want to start spending money in advance  ;)
Sig Pic removed Exceeded file size limit of 30kb

02 blk Z71 Born 06/01 K&N Gen2, HF flow exh., drop kit, cladding paint, Cargopro, TOGs, Whipple S/C, Whip tuner, ramair hood, Stripeman Z71, 20" Epic Blitz, 22" Players, Stull grl, custom BT, JVC 12 disc cd, spoiler, sunvsr, sail window, SLP Rockers, much more..
PictureTrail Gallery

imaniguana

• Charter Member
  • I love my second Z71 Av!
« Reply #87 on: 06/02/03 01:10 AM »

Welcome to the club Scavenger and congrats on the new Av!   :1:  

One of our other members showed off his Arrival Blue WBH at our Mid Atlantic GTG in Valley Forge, PA last Sunday.  Very rich looking color!
03 Dark Grey Metallic, 1500 Z71, OnStar, leather seats with carcass warmers, convenience pkg., sunroof, luggage rack, steps, Bose factory sound, and GM bug deflector, amber DRLs.

TallTodd

« Reply #88 on: 06/02/03 10:43 AM »

I've never been so happy to be called a newbie! Just got my 03 Z71 on Friday. I've been coming to this site for about a year and it was invaluable in giving the information I needed to take the plunge. Love this site, and love my Av!
'03 Z71, Dark Gray Metallic, Amber DRLs, K&N, Testors Painted Key Mod and Cladding Lettering, Silverstars, "Custom" full length Juniper Tree scratches on both sides.

imaniguana

• Charter Member
  • I love my second Z71 Av!
« Reply #89 on: 06/02/03 02:43 PM »

I've never been so happy to be called a newbie! Just got my 03 Z71 on Friday. I've been coming to this site for about a year and it was invaluable in giving the information I needed to take the plunge. Love this site, and love my Av!

TallTodd,

Welcome to the club and congrats on the new Av.  :1:  I also have a 03 DGM.   ;D 8)
03 Dark Grey Metallic, 1500 Z71, OnStar, leather seats with carcass warmers, convenience pkg., sunroof, luggage rack, steps, Bose factory sound, and GM bug deflector, amber DRLs.

Rltturn

« Reply #90 on: 06/02/03 04:40 PM »

Well, I got my AV in December 2002 and I have had some road time to check it out.  I guess I was hooked about five minutes after the dealer gave me the keys and told me to take it home for the weekend.  It was about five minutes later I realized what a piece of crap my Dodge Ram truck was.  Truly remarkable machine.  The dark gray metallic shows dirt more, and spots from the car wash, but worth the trouble cause it has a standing still kick butt look.  Don't know about the rest of you but mine rides as good as any Caddy I have ever ridden in.  And no probs getting into freeway traffic or down dirt roads in the Hill Country of Central Texas.  As to the consumer reports dis---I canceled my subscription years ago.  Man did not climb to the top of the food chain to eat Tofu and give me something around me baby and my rear end not sitting on the pavement.  Awesome truck for my purposes.  And yeah, have gone through the "change for a dollar"routine with my neighbors.   They were very surprised how quick the thing converts. And my son, "Why are you buying that at your age?"  Since then, he has borrowed it to haul some stuff and other things. Now he wants one so bad he can taste it and his wife won't let him have one.  I love it!!  Oh, my wife?  Geez!!  Have to hide the other set of keys!!  ;D
2003 DGM 2 WD, 5.3, DOB 10-25-02, XM Radio, Slvania Silverstar Headlamps, Amber DRL's, and Fogs. Wix high performance paper oil filter, Pennzoil 5w-30,Modified Air Filter Box, NAPA Paper Air Filter,Domed Patriotic Tailgate Decals, Patriotic Third Brake Light Decal, Patriotic Bow Tie Decal, Westin Running Boards, Shift Mod by "Redshift" of CAFCNA!

Biggie

• GOBUCKEYES
« Reply #91 on: 06/03/03 03:18 PM »

Wecome all

Theo

• ABSOLUTELY NO BOZOs near my AV...
« Reply #92 on: 06/04/03 01:06 AM »

Hey all just stopped in. I've had my Arrival Blue WBH Z71 AV 1500 for about 4 weeks now and can say that without a doubt this is coolest truck on the street. Bought it with dealer installed 33's BFG's on 16" AR's, chrome nerf bar, rain/wind and bug deflectors. Had to get rid of my 91 Camaro to get it but havent missed it for a minute. (got to keep my Garnet Red 69 SS though and it should haul nicely behind my big blutruk.) Since the intial purchase price shock it will be a while b4 I can start modifying it at all but am interested in the Snug top that I have seen on a few, I coach traveling 11 yr old baseball and do lots of hunting this would be a great conversion to have for road trips and such. Who makes it and where can I find them. On a side note I have noticed a lot of posts taking shots at the WBH. I just wanted to let you all know that I have been able to change my attitude (as well as my altitude) about the Cladded AVs (would never have bought one but hey now I'm converted) and have seen some really nice ones on the sight. Dont be a hater for change because this style will be a big success for the Bow Tie Faithful and will only serve to make the AV one of the most sought after trucks on the road. Why hide it out... Be it cladded or nekkid, share the love!!   ;D
« Last Edit: 07/18/03 12:48 PM by Theo »
Friends call me Theo.. 2003 1500 Z71 Arrival Blue WBH, with Factory Bose speakers and 6 disk stereo, Amber DRL's, Chrome Westin Signature Series Nerf Bars, Stull Chrome Grill insert, Stillen bug deflector and Ventshade wind and rain deflectors, rollin on 16 x 8 Diamond Back American Racing Wheels wrapped with 285/75 16's Baja Champion All Terrain BFG's, Chevy Bowtie Hitch cover, Avalanche windshield decal and more to come.....Shveeet.....

dionnfr

• CAFCNA 2006 Supporting Member
« Reply #93 on: 06/05/03 10:24 AM »

Pick up my new 2003 tomorrow, can't wait. Traded my 2001 Tahoe.
2003 Z71 4x4, DK GREY METALLIC,WBH, W/LEATHER, OFF ROAD PACKAGE,PERSONAL SECURITY PACKAGE,DRIVER CONVIENCE PACKAGE;SUNROOF,BORN JUNE 2, 2003

MODS
MacNeil WeatherFlectors:  www.weathertech.com
Amber DRL's
US Flag Bowtie:  www.autotrimdesign.com
MAG Light; BFG AT KO 285x70rx17;ENKEI Wheels

dionnfr

• CAFCNA 2006 Supporting Member
« Reply #94 on: 06/05/03 10:25 AM »

Can anyone tell me where I can find fender flairs for AV 2003 without body armour
2003 Z71 4x4, DK GREY METALLIC,WBH, W/LEATHER, OFF ROAD PACKAGE,PERSONAL SECURITY PACKAGE,DRIVER CONVIENCE PACKAGE;SUNROOF,BORN JUNE 2, 2003

MODS
MacNeil WeatherFlectors:  www.weathertech.com
Amber DRL's
US Flag Bowtie:  www.autotrimdesign.com
MAG Light; BFG AT KO 285x70rx17;ENKEI Wheels

Biggie

• GOBUCKEYES
« Reply #95 on: 06/05/03 02:08 PM »

Gmpartsdirect.com

MLUAvalanche

« Reply #96 on: 06/05/03 02:59 PM »

Not really a "newbie" but haven't posted much to this site so far..  Bought my truck on Feb. 14th of this year.  What a great Valentine's day gift!!!

Any other members in Northeastern Louisiana out there??
2003 1500 Dark Green Metallic, 5.3L, 4x2, Roof Rack, Steering Wheel Controls, OnStar, Trailering Equipment, WOL Tires, Sony XM Radio w/Terk Antenna

robber1

« Reply #97 on: 06/05/03 03:31 PM »

This site is a great find! Just bought a dark green '03 Z71 w/chrome sidesteps & tow package. I was initially in the market for a Ford SuperCrew (another Chevy convert!). Loved the Avalanche the first time I saw it up close and drove it.  Definately a much better ride! I got a family vehicle, pickup truck & and off-road machine in one awesome package. I'm somewhat concerned about the 4WD transfer case problem I read about in another thread. It sounds like Chevy has it figured out though if the problem comes up. One easy question... how can I determine the build date for my AV?

ImpactAV

• It's the journey, not the destination!
« Reply #98 on: 06/05/03 03:40 PM »

Got my AV five weeks ago.  Got the Snugtop today.  I spent a lot of time on here before buying it and really appreciate all the wonderful ideas and information.  Special thanks to all of you that responded to my specific emails.  (I chnged my screen name from operkins.)

Sorry I missed the GTG in SanMarcos last weekend, but I had to go to Abilene.  Hope to make one in Central Texas soon.
'03, White, 1500, Z71, WBH, Snugtop, brushguard, sunroof, computer w/ gps nav & wireless internet, amber DRL's, and THE ONLY AV IN IMPACT!

JoBu

« Reply #99 on: 06/06/03 04:20 AM »

Hi,

Newbie here from Florida...first post.  I just picked up my '03 Yellow Z-66.  Leather/stereo, running boards, roof rack, and towing package.  I've been lurking around the site for awhile.  Fantastic source of information, tips, and humor.  I'll have to take a pic and figure out how to post it in my sig.  

Regards,

JoBu
If a kid asks where rain comes from, I think a cute thing to tell him is "God is crying." And if he asks why God is crying, another cute thing to tell him is "Probably because of something you did."
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 ... 1147   Go Up

Page created in 0.114 seconds with 23 queries.