• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

New Subwoofer for Yukon Denali - input please

anders

Need some input please. I am looking for an upgrade to my factory subwoofer in the front console, and I have a few options:

1. Put an Infinity Basslink X under one of the second row's captain chair (one chair already has a TVIX installed)
2. Put a small enclosure under the same with a 10" sub, and an amp
3. Put a sub in the inside of the rear hatch. I suck at custom job, but I could substitute the rear hatch plastic piece for a 1/4" plywood, covered in carpet, and a sub sticking out
4. Put a sub behind the third row, facing up...
5. Maybe put a sub behind the second row, in the side panel, beolw the third row window...

My limitations are: finances, need some grocery space once in a while, limited custom job quality...limited time. What have other people done successfully?

I don't need 1,000w, but I would like to get down to the 20+ Hz region still. I think 100-200w will do.

Thanks in advance,

Anders

Check out www.jlaudio.com I think they have a Custom box for your truck. But you will lose some space in the center..

Yeah, I was hoping too using a stealth box, until I read the fineprint from JL's website:

"Fits Yukon, and Yukon XL. Does not fit Chevrolet Silverado, Chevrolet SSR, GMC Sierra, GMC Sierra Denali, GMC Yukon Denali, GMC Yukon XL Denali, Cadillac Escalade, Cadillac Escalade ESV, Cadillac Escalade EXT, Hummer H2, Hummer H2 SUT."

This would be prefered, stock location, just upsize from 5 1/4 or whatever stock sub is to 10"

I'll keep looking. thanks for your reply.

Anders

Hey Anders

You should look at my truck in my link below - I have a similar truck to yours - mine is an xl though

I want to do forced induction like you have, but I am not sold on the radix or a custom turbo setup

I would like some feedback on what you think - and who made the lowering kit?

Got any photos?

Thanks

Anthony

I checked your truck out, but couldn't find any subs... Anyway, we have some similar mods....

Turbo - yes, I had an Eaton 112M in my F150, H-D version, and liked that a lot too. My S/C ran out of steam at 4,000-4,500 rpm. The turbo keeps spooling. This is like cats and dogs. Miles are written about the pros and cons for both. No place or time here. Turbo is more efficient - hands down. More power in my case. Blower - more area unde the first 1/3 of the curve - definitely more low end torque. E-mail me off line, and I'll try more details. Wastegate sounds cool when shifting. You do need a shift kit in your Denali - the tranny will not take the power either way...

My photos: http://www.denalitrucks.com/coppermine/cpg132/index.php?cat=10366

GForce lowering kit. Doesn't level out 100%. I have some camber still, after alignment, like 0.2 degrees. You get what you pay for. Otherwise than that, I like it a lot....

Back