• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

'05 Avalanche Running Boards

LuvtheAvalnche05

I'm new to this forum and I have been a fan of it since they began making it WH for the 1500.  My question is has anyone seen or have any running boards that go with the flow of the body.  I'm not really a fan of the nerf bars, although my wife is.  I really like how the running boards from the EXT go with the body.  Does anyone have any info or pics of some?

hey...welcome to the club...what Av do you have... with or without pants?

Welcome to the club and I found some for you off of www.jpcustoms.com (EXT Running boards) It is only made for the '03 and up Avalanche W/O Body Cladding. Here is the link although they are a bit pricey, you might be able to get a club discount!  ;) ;)) :
http://www.jpcustoms.com/store/customer/product.php?productid=16678&cat=&page=1

Thank you for the info!!!  I don't own one yet, but I plan on getting one by the end of the month and wanted to find out what my options were in terms of the running boards.  Are there anyones that you guys like and could show me??  I know that there are ones that you guys have on your AVs and just would like some ideas.

Some people might post personal pics of their trucks or you could go to the link ALBUM at the top of this thread. Click on ALBUM and you have lots of choices to choose from to see various pictures.

I just bought an '05 WBH.  I bought a set of GM boards off ebay, they were take offs from an '05 Suburban for $ 200.00 delivered.  Much cheaper than the dealer.

The boards and brackets are an exact fit, the threaded holes are already in place under the rocker.  I just had to buy the bolts.

Just an expensive idea if you like the factory boards.

Tricky

I too am a new member.  I just bought an '05 LS w/o cladding, in the Silver Birch color.  I'm loving my new Avalanche!  What is the difference if any, between running boards and nerf bars? 

Welcome!  :welcome: Really, all running boards and nerf bars are the same. All of them you step on. The actual factory running boards go along the whole door space of the truck. The nerf bars do the same thing, but they are normally tubular and have a chrome finish to them. Correct me if I'm wrong, but that is what I think they are.

-Ty 

Hi!! I'm new to this forum too ... I'm a new member!? To give you some feedback on the running boards ... All I have to say is the AMP Research Power Steps are the BEST!!!!? You really? can't go wrong with them at all.? They run about $1200/set installed, but believe me it is worth it.? I got them put on my truck last year as a Christmas present ... my dad loved them so much that he went out the very next week and had them put on his suburban.? The great thing about them is that they rest flush up against the truck, and when the door is shut you can hardly tell they are even there.? And then, you open your door, and *BAM* there they are, just wait and see how many heads turn when you open your door and they watch them drop!!

Check out the website:? www.amp-research.com

Also, check out my pics attached ... you can see what they look like dropped, but can you see them when the doors are shut??? I'm telling you, they are the way to go!

Attachments

• Steps.jpg
    Steps.jpg
    43.1 KB · Views: 119
  • Truck2.jpg
    Truck2.jpg
    56.7 KB · Views: 118
Back