Home Resources Forums Nationals Meets Store
04/17/14 02:35 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the Chevy Avalanche Fan Club of North America

Become a Supporting Member

Visit the CAFCNA General Store

Home   Help Search Login Register Bookmark  
Advertisement
Put your advertisement image here...

Advertisement

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 90,000 MILES MAINTENANCE  (Read 2067 times)
RKATEK7

I love the Chevy Avalanche

Awards
« on: 07/26/05 12:40 PM »

what maintenance should i get for a 2002 chevy z71 avalanche.  the dealer is tryin to charge me $550.......is that right?
RichUF
CAFCNA 2005 Supporting Member

UNP1MPD

Awards
« Reply #1 on: 07/26/05 12:45 PM »

I do the maintenance as noted in the owner's manual.

I don't believe there to be any special maintenance required at 90,000 mi.  Check the manual anyways.

Welcome to the club  thumbs_up

incidentally, what are they proposing to do for that money?
« Last Edit: 07/26/05 12:46 PM by RichUF » Logged

[sig deleted by Admin...your account is next to go]
RichUF

UNP1MPD

Awards
« Reply #2 on: 07/26/05 12:52 PM »

90k service is:

replace passenger compartment air filter
check axle fluid levels and cv joint seals
rotate tires
replace fuel filter

I would consider the more major services to be:
transfer case flush @ 50k
transmission fluid flush @100k
coolant flush @ 150k
spark plugs (not really major) @ 100k

this is of course for 'normal' driving conditions.

Maybe they want to flush all of your fluids?  That's why they call them stealerships  Roll Eyes

HeavyD

Vaya Boricua

Awards
« Reply #3 on: 07/26/05 07:37 PM »

Maybe they want to flush all of your fluids?  That's why they call them stealerships  Roll Eyes

I think that what they really want to flush is his wallet.
You can maybe go to a good mechanic and have it done for 1/2 that price.
Welcome to the club RKATEK7

Wrngler dual batt set up, 22" chrme sumr wheels, 16" Mickey Thompson wintr wheels, Upr ext clding, Kwood DNX 7100, Infinity dr spkers, 2 Hyphonic amps, JL mg, 9" Vizualgic headrst mntr w/ built in DVD player, 7" Vizualgic sun visr mnitr, rear view camera, multi colr undr car light, HID head lghts, Westin SS bull bar with PIAA drvng lghts, EB clasics ss grille, JBA headrs, Volnt CAI, FM super 40, paintd cadi eng covr, steel slde, chrmed a/c vnts, Autowood steering wheel, 3" PA bdy lift, Hotchkis sway bars,..
avid4x4er412

Love my truck!! even better pulling my boat!!

Awards
« Reply #4 on: 07/26/05 10:46 PM »

I like to do it myself if I can......I did the major tune-up on my last truck.... Dealer wanted $600.  I bought all the stuff I needed to the job for $150.00 and spent a saturday doing it.  Quite a savings......

2005 dark charcoal gray,new silverstar amber DRL's, Synwash Air filter,2wd running 4:10 w/limited slip, z66, 17" rims all the bells and whistles.... LOVE IT!!
RichUF

UNP1MPD

Awards
« Reply #5 on: 07/27/05 06:02 AM »

major tune-up, aka $15 worth of spark plugs plus about 1/2 hour?

Roll Eyes

Wink

RKATEK7

I love the Chevy Avalanche

Awards
« Reply #6 on: 07/27/05 08:10 AM »

appreciate all the help, yea i think these dealerships are tryin to get over me. what service should i exactly get? so i can find a mechanic?
RichUF

UNP1MPD

Awards
« Reply #7 on: 07/27/05 09:59 AM »

see reply #2 above.

this assumes that all previous maintenance has been done, and that your (and previous) driving conditions are 'normal'

please don't take my opinion to mean that any of the suggested service would cause any harm.  It's just that I think that people, if they regularly service their vehicles, tend to over-service them.

Just my opinion.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: