• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

90,000 MILES MAINTENANCE

RKATEK7

what maintenance should i get for a 2002 chevy z71 avalanche.  the dealer is tryin to charge me $550.......is that right?

I do the maintenance as noted in the owner's manual.

I don't believe there to be any special maintenance required at 90,000 mi.? Check the manual anyways.

Welcome to the club? (y)

incidentally, what are they proposing to do for that money?

90k service is:

replace passenger compartment air filter
check axle fluid levels and cv joint seals
rotate tires
replace fuel filter

I would consider the more major services to be:
transfer case flush @ 50k
transmission fluid flush @100k
coolant flush @ 150k
spark plugs (not really major) @ 100k

this is of course for 'normal' driving conditions.

Maybe they want to flush all of your fluids?  That's why they call them stealerships  :rolleyes:

RichUF said:
Maybe they want to flush all of your fluids?? That's why they call them stealerships? :rolleyes:
I think that what they really want to flush is his wallet.
You can maybe go to a good mechanic and have it done for 1/2 that price.
Welcome to the club RKATEK7

I like to do it myself if I can......I did the major tune-up on my last truck.... Dealer wanted $600.  I bought all the stuff I needed to the job for $150.00 and spent a saturday doing it.  Quite a savings......

major tune-up, aka $15 worth of spark plugs plus about 1/2 hour?

:rolleyes:

;)

appreciate all the help, yea i think these dealerships are tryin to get over me. what service should i exactly get? so i can find a mechanic?

see reply #2 above.

this assumes that all previous maintenance has been done, and that your (and previous) driving conditions are 'normal'

please don't take my opinion to mean that any of the suggested service would cause any harm.  It's just that I think that people, if they regularly service their vehicles, tend to over-service them.

Just my opinion.

Back