• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

New stereo install - input please, Which amp should I get?

anders

I just bought some new stereo components, and need some input:

1. I bought two JL Audio TR650s, one CXI, and one CSI. The coax will go in the rear doors, the components in the front. Should I put the woofers/mids in the doors, and the tweeters where the "twiddlers" are in the a-pillars, or should I put them in the upper area next to the window, in the door?

2. I got some Infinity Kappa 62.5is for the D-pillars. What's the best way to mount? I am thinking about removing the stock twiddlers, and just put them in the same location.

3. What amp should I drive this with, and where do I put it? I installed my subwoofer amp (Kicker 350.2, driving my MB Quart sub) under the second row driver side seat. The second row passenger seat hosts my TVIX for my movies, and MP3s. Can I use the stock amp location, and just ensure that I have enough cooling (fan, whatever?)

4. I am thinking about completely removing the stock amp, and control the system via my Pioneer DSP DEQ (Thanks Sperry for the idea). I realize I lose the chimes, and the volume control from the HU by removing it, but the DSP will pick up the volume control function. The chimes, I can delegate through an adapter.

All this class II data makes it so much more complicated to modify...

Input please.

Thanks in advance,

Anders

BTW, TNR, Lux Bose Amp, etc...

Back