Home Resources Forums Nationals Meets Store
08/27/14 08:04 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the Chevy Avalanche Fan Club of North America

Become a Supporting Member

Visit the CAFCNA General Store

Home   Help Search Login Register Bookmark  
Advertisement
Put your advertisement image here...

Advertisement

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Headrest Removal  (Read 3935 times)
ssandman
« on: 10/01/02 07:45 AM »

Help.. veryveryangry How do you take the headrest out without just taking the top of the headrest off. I need to get the headrest legs out along with the headrest itself.
Phantom
CAFCNA 2003 Supporting Member

Awards
« Reply #1 on: 10/01/02 08:05 AM »

Pull all the way up then stick a paper clip in the little hole in the base on top of the seat.

Visit the New England Crew at CAFCNE

[/url]

2002, 1500, Z71, SOM, Leather, 12/01 Build, 3.73 Loaded.
Rank My Ride
HBear

"Fear one thing only, Fear the Djinn"

Awards
« Reply #2 on: 10/01/02 08:07 AM »

Do a search for 360 days for headrest.  To remove them just insert a small nail or hex wrench in the holes where headrests go into seats.  There is a small release inside, you will feel it depress, do one side at a time.

"Fear one thing only, Fear the Djinn" joined Feb 2002
2002 Pewter 1500 Z-71 AV, Born 08/01,Reading, Pa.
NASCAR Tony Stewart #20 Hitchcover / 2002 WC Champion
Catch-All Mats
WeatherTech Flectors,Stone & Bug Deflector
Amber DRL's
Billet Fuel Door
K&N Filter, UPD FIPK
FlowMaster 40
ssandman
« Reply #3 on: 10/01/02 08:11 AM »

Man...you guys are fast. I did do a search but I guess I didn't go back far enough. Roll Eyes I will remember to do that next time.
Thanks  thumbs_up
Maximum_T.
« Reply #4 on: 10/01/02 08:21 AM »

A pop rivet works well.
carnut

Avalanche, The Ultimate Urban Assault Vehicle!

Awards
« Reply #5 on: 10/01/02 08:28 AM »

If you do the headrest search, you will find a mod to make headrest removal a very simple and toolless thing. Basically after you get the headrest out you will need to file the very last notch to a 45 degree angle like all the other notches. Very simple and effective.  chevy

Classic Car Nut, 29 Chevy coupe, 67 Camaro SS and (I must be insane) 73 Vega GT. And now, 2002 Chevy Avalanche Z71 loaded. Mods: Waag brushguard, billet grill, ambers, bug deflector, weather-flecters, molded mud flaps, flashlight, fender "flares".
CA-AV

The Chevy Avalanche is sweet!

WWW Awards
« Reply #6 on: 10/01/02 12:06 PM »

Here's the link with the headrest removal and mod.

headrest mod
« Last Edit: 10/01/02 05:06 PM by irontrain » Logged

2002 Z71 Chevy Avalanche
http://community.webshots.com/user/avshots

Alpine HU, Alpine comp spkrs, LED HU mount, rear camera, Escalade cluster, billet A/C cntrls, visor decals, custom sunroof, tint, Garmin nav, LED Int lights, OEM brush guard/chrome nerf bars, Rancho 9000XL shocks, Escalade rims, BFG AT, airhorn, amber, chrome tow hooks, Volant-Powercore, Flowmaster 40 w/chrome tip, billet bowtie, tranny cooler, 4-fender, Gatorback, SportWing, blink 3rd brake light, Piaa wipers.
dmacker

America and the Avalanche aren't they great. USMC

Awards
« Reply #7 on: 10/01/02 02:04 PM »

The mod for the head rest, tooless removal, takes about ten minutes with a file. It is one of the handiest simple mods I have made. If you are tall and keep your seat back, it makes dropping the rear seat a cinch. Just pop out the rear headrests and store them under the front seat out of the way.

"Lady in Red", "THE ORIGINAL"  Z71, Loaded, Limo tint, Red Bow-Tie, AV bug guard, muds, Silver Stars & 899's, DRL,s, Mag Light, K&N,  Weather Tech , LOF and Magnaflow w/tip, Stripeman tailgate, headlight covers, 4 headlights at once + custom built flag holder, all in one sweet package.
XRover
Charter Member

Awards
« Reply #8 on: 10/01/02 04:57 PM »

Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin chevy

Have had 02 and 04 and 07 Av's.  I sold the 07 and downsized.
The 04 was my favorite.
ygmn
Administrator

Insert Funny Text Here _______________ .

Awards
« Reply #9 on: 10/02/02 02:01 AM »

XROVERS filing the rear headrest is the most functional mod!!!!

Makes folding the seats easier....you do not have to move the front seats anymore...

THANK YOU AGAIN Xrover for this TOP 5 Mod!!!! love

Thread Killer ... After I post they die?
2002 Pewter Z66 - Sept 2001
CAFCNA Album
LSU BABY!
YANKEES BABY!
SAINTS BABY!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: