• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

XM Radio Service Special - One Year For $77!!!

Chief

CAFCNA FOUNDER
Charter Member
SM 2008
SM 2007
SM 2006
SM 2005
SM 2004
SM 2003
Call Up XM Radio at 800-967-2346, select changes to your account on the voicemail from Hell system, hold for a few minutes and then tell them, "I'm calling for the 1 year of service for $77 promotion," they will connect you to rentention.  Your credit card is billed for the year in one shot for $77.  Found out about this on the Grand Prix site, called, did it, and thought I'd share here.

wow!  thats 1/2 of Sirius and the yearly plan they offer

It is a GREAT deal - so happy I did it.  Found out that the prior XM drone didn't do my transfer/free three months service on my Grand Prix and got that fixed at the same time.

For those of you that haven't called, make sure you're service is coming up for renewal or have just renewed from GM automobile.  For those of us that have had XM for a while and have not renewed we're basically SOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

When I called I asked for the $77 GM retention special and got it with no problems.

My free 3 months ran out around May 1st.

It's not worth it to me to pay full price. The $77 special makes it pallatable.

:)

Well, I just got off the phone with the retention department and they said my subscription MUST be expired before I could get this rate.? ?:E:

Not really a problem as my sub runs out on Sept 18th.

The guy said after that date I would be unindated with offers to renew.

We'll see. 

Guess folks are having different experiences - although I was going quarter to quarter, never paid in advance so that may be the difference (and had just come off of my three month free trial on the GP)

Bewarned ! -

Fox just got horn swagled on this deal. about a month or so ago a rep had told her to renew it would be $77.00 . Sweet deal !

Well neadless to say $77 and another charge for $115 somthing somthing later we got charged the full amount. Make SURE you get the persons number date of birth , blood type , mothers maiden name !!!

We aruged for about 3 days with alot fo differant managers but still had to pay the full price.

Good luck all !

Per the email I recieved

We have investigated your request and our records indicate that the promotion in
question is geared toward specific customers who met certain criterions and had
purchased new GM or Honda vehicles. We do apologize for any inconvenience that
this may have caused.

This came straight from xm so not everyone is meeting the stringent criteria apparently. I must have bought the WRONG GM vehicle :6: :6: :6:

Squid

Well - that SUCKS.  They just gave it to me zip pow...more Pontiac excitement I guess.  Sorry folks, keep trying!

Okay folks....Here it goes....

My free 3 months expires 9/29/05.  I just called the number at the beginning of the tread. they asked me to verify names on acct, address, and DOB.  I asked for the 1yr/$77.00 special.  They said no problem but I had to call back to a different dept at 1-800-998-7900 and they would assist me.

I called and again I had to verify address and I asked for the 1yr/$77.00.  She said "no problem bear with me".  After a few hums and waits she told me I was all set and that my subsription will go in effect as of Oct 1st.  I questioned how my current service expires on 9/29 and she said there will be no interuption with service and that she set it to roll-over to the new subsrciption.

Now my real worry ???  No money was asked for.  She told me I will get a bill in the mail for the subsription.  ??? :eek:  I offered a credit card for the accnt, she said no I can pay by mail or credit card when I get the bill. :rolleyes:  I like this but question it too...Are they that despriate to keep listeners by going the old fashioned way off billing and waiting for payment?  Hope so...I may call back tomorrow to verfy my order.  It just sounds to goo to be true...

Any .02 on this??

Thanks,
AHOY

Just wondering if anyone else is getting billed the old fahioned way ???

Bill me and pay by check or credit card.... :eek:

AHOY

Thanks for the heads up!? I liked the XM in my '05 2500 that I bought 2 Roady 2's for the other cars in the fleet.? The 2500 and the wife's XC are in the family plan.? I think I will call them tomorrow and see if they will honor this for my Camry radio which is considered my primary radio.

If not, I'll wait until next year when the subscription expires.

Now I need 2 WOW stickers!

:O & A PARTY ROCK:

escheat1 said:
Now I need 2 WOW stickers!

:O & A PARTY ROCK:

LMAO, I paid 2 years so likely not eligible but I could use a few WOW stickers!

UPDATE

Got into the truck...turned on the radio...XM still up and running :eek: :eek:

So I guess the 'old fashoned way' of receiving a bill and paying by check still exist these days.

I owe a GREAT BIG THANK YOU to all of you at CAFCNA for my '$77.00 bucks for one year'.

:yourock:

THANKS,
AHOY 

Well, I replied to this post a while back saying that when I called they would not offer me the one year for $77.00 deal.

When I talked with the guy in the customer retention department, he said that if I wait until my 3 month trial expired that I would be hounded to death with offers to renew at that rate.

Well, I let it expire, waited a week and no one called.

I took the initiative and called again and this time they let me renew for one year at $77.00.

They wouldn't renew it for any longer at that price, so I went ahead an gave my CC info and got the deal.

Why they just didn't let me renew for that price when I called the first time beats the heck out of me.

Anyway, if your sub is about ready to expire, you may want to let it go and call them to renew.

YMMV, but you may get the renewal at a better rate than the current rates.

My 3 month new GM vehicle XM free trial expired last week. 

I just got off the phone with the CSR for XM (1-800-998-7900) and I now am set up for the 1 year GM retention special for $77. 

Those of you that have just bought a new Avalanche, or any GM vehicle with XM, when your 3 month trial expires, call the above 800 number!

ahh sweet....i've been using the xm antenna with a sirius turner..and its not sounding that great. I think this will make me switch

Hi Everyone,

I just got the 1 year for $77...

It took over a half hour and 3 calls because I kept getting "disconnected"... but I got it!

Thanks to all who posted this!

John

All right! I figured it was worth it for $77. Called and was connected right away. Asked if I received something in the mail and said who knows. Lots of mail just gets thrown away. He then put me on hold to see if I was eligible. Said I was. $77 no tax and should be up and running in a few minutes. THanks for the info. By the way, new AV in June, XM expired in September if that makes a difference.

Nice find....sweet Chief is still hooking up us Av owners....thanks Chief

Back