• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

Welcome - 2006 National Chevy Avalanche Get Together - Off Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.

amd1900mp

Silent Avalanche RIP
PM 2015
PM 2014
PM 2013
PM 2012
SM 2011
SM 2010
SM 2009
SM 2008
SM 2007
SM 2006
SM 2005
SM 2004
SM 2003
The idea of hosting a National Get Together began in January of 2005. After many months of discussions and several months of planning,? the hard work has finely paid off. The Arizona Avalanches are proud to host the 2006 National Chevy Avalanche Get Together sanctioned by ChevyAvalancheFanClub.com

The 2006 National Chevy Avalanche Get Together Committee needs your support to help make this event a great success.

Three things you can do to help.
1. Promote the 2006 National Chevy Avalanche Get Together in your Community. (Internet, Newspaper, Radio, TV, Word of Mouth)
2. Contact your local Chevy Dealers with an event poster and ask them to promote this event.
3. Attend the 2006 National Chevy Avalanche Get Together June 17th ? June 24th, 2006.

Thank you for your Support and we hope to see you there,
The 2006 NCAGTG Committee, Sponsors and Volunteers.

AZ hosting, as in it's going to be in AZ?

cool.  A bit of a trek from the EC, but still cool

I'm excited to see this develop.

(y)

we all are...in some form or another?

Intimidatoruag said:
wow .. nice centrally located "National" event .....

I have attended 2 "National" events in the past 4 years. The first one was in Las Vegas and the second one for the same organization was in Hawaii. Two other locations that they have had national conventions at were Miami and Chicago. I do not think it is the location that makes it a national event.

Todd

amd1900mp said:
I have attended 2 "National" events in the past 4 years. The first one was in Las Vegas and the second one for the same organization was in Hawaii. Two other locations that they have had national conventions at were Miami and Chicago. I do not think it is the location that makes it a national event.

Todd

so what I hear you saying is that if you want people to show up don't have it in the middle of the county, as no one lives there or has any interest in going there?  :D

TNAV said:
So what or whom decides a "National Event" ?

are you trying to stir it up, or do you really not know the answer to that?

RichUF said:
are you trying to stir it up, or do you really not know the answer to that?

It certainly seems like a Valid Question to me and the person leading this one lives in AZ which frankly isn't all that far from where the GTG is being held.

JW

...2006 National Chevy Avalanche Get Together sanctioned by ChevyAvalancheFanClub.com ...

The 2006 National Chevy Avalanche Get Together Committee needs your support...

Is this not an obvious enough answer to the questions, or am I missing something?

Now now now, we ALL know that "national" trade shows/auto shows, etc are held in different parts of the country.  Heck, look at SEMA, it's a national show and it's in Vegas.  The location is not a problem, imho

:cool:

I AM NOT STIRRING THE POT:
My question is why does CAFCNA get to use the word National for the events they sponser and not use it for events they do not sponser?
Seroiusly, I don't know and in no way trying to cause problems.

amd1900mp said:

Todd

Out of curiosity, how many of those events were auto related that required you to drive there? ?Obvisously not the one in Hawaii... ?I think that is going to be a big issue for those of us on the east coast and especially the north east. ?A 4 day drive out and back to go to a week long GTG is a lot of time and money...

- WW

Tdybr27 said:
Now now now, we ALL know that "national" trade shows/auto shows, etc are held in different parts of the country.? Heck, look at SEMA, it's a national show and it's in Vegas.? The location is not a problem, imho

:cool:

It's one thing to take a 6 hour flight to SEMA from here, it's a completely different animal to drive 4 days to get to SEMA.  So, in the context of a National AV GTG, location is everything

No offense to anyone in Kansas/Oklahoma but if I'm going to make a stupidly long drive I'd rather go somewhere interesting than drive that far to hang out in farmland whether that be the Grand Canyon, Yellowstone, Mount Rushmore or an island off the South-Eastern US coastline.

David

BAT said:
I AM NOT STIRRING THE POT:
My question is why does CAFCNA get to use the word National for the events they sponser and not use it for events they do not sponser?
Seroiusly, I don't know and in no way trying to cause problems.

How is CAFCNA not using it for events that they do not sponsor?? ???  Can you reword that question to make more sense?  I'm slow.  Thanks.

RichUF said:
How is CAFCNA not using it for events that they do not sponsor?? ???? Can you reword that question to make more sense?? I'm slow.? Thanks.

I was so focused on getting my point across that I wasn't causing problems I got fingered tied...

My question is why is CAFCNA allowed to use the word National when they sponser it... but when an even isn't sponsered by CAFCNA the word National can not be used?

Make sense?

yeah...and my quick answer (obviously I don't speak for CAFCNA) is that that word can be used to descibe any event...just not here.

:D

RichUF said:
yeah...and my quick answer (obviously I don't speak for CAFCNA) is that that word can be used to descibe any event...just not here.

Then why the big deal about STI?

RichUF said:

:laugh: I was afraid of that

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back