• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

NO SOUND FROM ANYTHING

younghog

Originally I started the noise from CDX thread.

Well tonight I took one of my buddies out for his b-day.

And when were leaving I noticed NO SOUND from anything.

i.e. CDX, RADIO, XM, DOOR CHIMES YOU NAME IT..

nothing.

WHERE SHOULD I look first.. This is killing me..  Wife didn't want me to do it anyway and I know I'm going to hear it in the morning.

Advise on where I need to check first.

PLEASE SOMEONE  :E:

younghog

I hope you checked the Amp fuse! 30A inside the UBEC.  --Lower right corner.

I only have the base stereo, but when my sound disappears on occasion, I pull the head unit fuse for a couple of minutes, stick it back in, and the sound comes back.  Sometimes after sitting overnight and starting fixes without pulling fuse.

:rolleyes:

It's obvious that you've angered the truck...........virgin sacrifice is a must!

Youngblood  who wears the pants in the house.

If it comes and goes you have a diffrent problem, put the old HU in and see what it does.

sperry said:
I hope you checked the Amp fuse! 30A inside the UBEC.? --Lower right corner.

I'll do that now..

DS said:
It's obvious that you've angered the truck...........virgin sacrifice is a must!

its funny now.. however last night with a car full of guys and no music and everybody is toasted but me (driver).. it was a pain..

pbuilder said:
Youngblood who wears the pants in the house.

If it comes and goes you have a diffrent problem, put the old HU in and see what it does.

I wear all the pants and write the checks.. she however hauls the kids.. thus she gets the ride.? :)

here is hopeing it is a fuse cuz I've taking this think to San Antonio, half way to padre, you name it in Arkansas ..since the install and no problems except for the non-direct splice on the cdx that was causing no sound from left side.. which i found like 3 weeks after install.. but this is killing.

pre-thanks

YH

???

Well went outside turned key and I heard door chimes.
So I pretty much new everything was working and it was. Went up to the store.. came back working like a champ

SOMEONE please advise what the hell is going on.

pre-thanks

I concur.. Or maybe connect that data wire where the factory does, at SP207 If you don't find it loose at some connection point.. Even electrically the same, they make a separate run for some reason..

sperry said:
I concur.. Or maybe connect that data wire where the factory does, at SP207 If you don't find it loose at some connection point.. Even electrically the same, they make a separate run for some reason..

data wire.. at the amp?

which wire.. what color? etc.

and why would it freaking act up NOW.. 5 MTHS LATER.

younghog said:
???

Well went outside turned key and I heard door chimes.
So I pretty much new everything was working and it was. Went up to the store.. came back working like a champ

SOMEONE please advise what the hell is going on.

pre-thanks

read my post again...yours is doing what mine does.  It's possessed  :cautious:

if you did the LUX upgrade then you must have added the data wire which is what ever color wire you may have used. The crap amp is diffrent story. The data wire is the only that really makes sences with it intermintent.

pbuilder said:
if you did the LUX upgrade then you must have added the data wire which is what ever color wire you may have used. The crap amp is diffrent story. The data wire is the only that really makes sences with it intermintent.

Yes.. I did the FULL Lux Install.. Check my signature for more info on all that I did.

Update

As of today 7 days later not even a hickup on the sound.? Remember I posted the next day it worked like a champ and has been. I got ahold of my budy (mr electrician) an old AirForce Brag who helped with the install and he is ready however. With the TEXAS heat and no problems in sight for the last 7 days I'm tempted to wait till its cooler. I mean its 10am now and its 92 outside and feels like 98.

Especially with the battery unplugged, no air..? (n) Just to much for us to be digging for a wire.

My plans are to just wait till its cooler then go through and check all the wires by the amp again.

However going from memory and the pics.. We trippled checked everything. My only notion is that those clamp for the wire splice maybe is not pushed all the way through i.e. to splice the wire... Similar to the one for the cdx a while back..

I'm going to get the cdx changed out.. Hoping its the unit. i.e. another thread and then just wait till we get some cooler weather here.

Any advice is appreciated.

YOUNGHOG

One needs an air-conditioned garage at times.. Hopefully it was just a temporary thing as you found so far.

sperry said:
One needs an air-conditioned garage at times.. Hopefully it was just a temporary thing as you found so far.

Yeah.. I feel ya sperry..
When I say its hot here in TeXas its hot.? :(

I'll keep you updated.

Thanks for your help.. and here is hoping it was a one time thing.

-YH

My 2009 LTZ did this yesterday morning on my way to work.
No sound for anything - keys in igniton chime, seatbelt chime, turn signal sound, radio, back-up sensor beep, low fuel chime - nothing.
Get in truck after work and all works again.  :dunno:
Still working today.

Aside from no radio, I wish the rest of it would keep quiet.
Too damn many "idiot-proof" warnings.

For future readers of this thread check out this post.
http://www.chevyavalanchefanclub.com/cafcna/index.php/topic,93020.msg2144615.html#msg2144615

Back