• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

~ ~ ~ SoCal MEGA MEET II~ ~ ~ . . ~ ~ ~ ~IT WAS FUN!~ ~ ~ ~

RIKrotorhead

SM 2004
A big thanks goes out to ALL that attended the Second Annual SoCal Mega Meet!

I can't wait to see all the pics.

Another big thanks goes out to all the "Red Shirts"! You all did a great job!! It came together really smoothly.

What a great bunch of people we have in this club.

Thanks to you all!!

NOW POST THOSE PICS!!

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

I am so proud of our club and of all those that attended!

Watch for lot's of great photos to be posted soon.
I gotta work tonight or I would be busy posting them.
But coming real soon!

We had exactly 70 AVALANCHES!

+ one Jeep and one Charger. ;)

We were glad to be able to make it this time. Thanks to everyone that organized it. You did a fantastic job. The campgroud was a good choice. A very nice place a mile from the park. The park was a great place to hold all those avs. I thought the cruises went pretty well considering the amount of avs parading through the streets. Thanks to Mark (Medav) for his connection for good food at the fat ivoys ribs. Thanks to Tim for joining us for dinner saturday night and helping us select a place, find it and get back to the campground.

I would also like to thank the other 8 arizona avalanche members plus Chaz from new mexico for riding with us through california driving under the speed limit set for trucks with trailers. We appreciate that you did not leave us in the dust. Sorry about having to stare at the big white rolling billboard the entire time.

We are looking forward to next years event. See you in June if you can make it to arizona.

SoCal - Another Perfect GTG!!

What a great job you guy's did! Last year was excellent - this year was PERFECT! Can't wait to see how you can top it next year!

The Arizona Avalanches want to especially thank sparqui - Matt, without whose help our trip would have been more difficult. He kept me informed on several things as the event drew closer. And a special thanks to Rocknav - Tim, for taking the time during the dealership cruise to help us find food, and the way back to the campground, and just some good companionship!
When you travel with a group of ten trucks, it's really nice to have the support these guys gave us. THANK YOU!! :wave:

Cindy, Rik, WC - and all of the Red Shirts - Thank You!

It was great to see the NorCal crew again. Cliff, Amy, Mark & Mike, we really enjoyed you guys, as well as all of the Avalanche family that was there!

See you all in June of 2006 here in Phoenix for the '06 National GTG!

Nick & Darlene

Thank you, and you are welcome for the info!!

Here are a couple of pics that have been posted on the SoCal site...

(These are from SoCalCindy's post)
Click for Larger View...

Click for Larger View...

Great job to all who set up and directed the Event. We had a blast and I learned a valuable lesson. If you are pulling 9000 lbs at 80 MPH up hills and such you can Break the Rear Differential from the High RPMs' and heat.  >:D The 8.1 liter handled it like a champ though. No high heat or anything I know know the weak point is the rear axle area.  >:D

Thanks to you all for such a great event. Already looking forward to next years Megameet.  Can't believe how well organized this event was. Great job. Although next time you may want to make sure Rick has all the marshmellows out of his ears before he leads the dealership cruise.  :laugh:  :kidding:
Once again thanks. Glad we were fortunate enough to attend again. My hats off to you all.
Thanks also to the Arizona club for letting us tag along with them.  Great bunch of folks.
If your ever in New Mexico look us up.
Chaz

Back