Home Resources Forums Nationals Meets Store
10/23/14 05:22 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the Chevy Avalanche Fan Club of North America

Become a Supporting Member

Visit the CAFCNA General Store

Home   Help Search Login Register Bookmark  
Advertisement
Put your advertisement image here...

Advertisement

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: GM Techlink Website  (Read 3921 times)
XRover
Charter Member

Awards
« on: 05/11/02 04:57 PM »

I found this website for GM Techs. It has a lot of interesting info including problems and answers and TSB type stuff with detailed info.

Check it out  chevy

http://service.gm.com:/index_en-US.html
« Last Edit: 05/11/02 05:16 PM by XRover » Logged

Have had 02 and 04 and 07 Av's.  I sold the 07 and downsized.
The 04 was my favorite.
Blue_Lagoon

Transformer- Pickup in disguise

Awards
« Reply #1 on: 05/12/02 01:03 AM »

xrover

Great site. Thanks for the info. chevy

02 Indigo Blue, Z71, built 5/26/01  purchased 3/30/02
RV8Pilot
« Reply #2 on: 05/12/02 03:00 AM »

Excellent...thanks   chevyGrin chevy
Dennisg
« Reply #3 on: 07/16/02 07:43 AM »

Xrover-

Tried to get on the GM-Techlink site but they asked for password. How did you get on?HuhHuhHuh??

Thanks
XRover
Charter Member

Awards
« Reply #4 on: 07/16/02 06:38 PM »

Only certain parts of the site can be accessed without a password. Just check out the ones that don't require it. Techlink is my favorite

The 04 was my favorite.
ZimmsAv

Nightime DRL's!

WWW Awards
« Reply #5 on: 07/16/02 10:25 PM »

Can anyone tell me what this "Vehicle calibration information" is all about Huh

Royal Oak, Michigan
ZimmsAv Pics
Skidd
CAFCNA 2003 Supporting Member

Member # 1394

Awards
« Reply #6 on: 07/16/02 10:57 PM »

XRover,

You win the "web crawler" award, how do you come up with these sites.  Well done, do you know if there is a limit as to how many sites you can put on your favourites button?  Wink

Skidd  7;)

XRover
Charter Member

Awards
« Reply #7 on: 07/17/02 02:56 AM »

I would have to pass that title on to Gandolphxx. I think all search engines mass pass through his computer  Wink

The 04 was my favorite.
RDSIGN
Charter Member

I love the Chevy Avalanche!

WWW Awards
« Reply #8 on: 07/17/02 06:31 AM »

Heres another one http://www.gmgoodwrench.com/gmgoodwrenchjsp/gmspo/manuals.jsp?make=Chevrolet&model=Avalanche

Ron

Heres another from my files http://www.alldata.com/TSB/11/0211AYFY.html
« Last Edit: 07/17/02 06:43 AM by RDSIGN » Logged

2002 1500 Avalanche
Victory Red
Graphite Leather, Heated Rear Seats,
Home built Bedslide
http://community.webshots.com/user/rdsign
ZimmsAv

Nightime DRL's!

WWW Awards
« Reply #9 on: 07/17/02 12:00 PM »

Anybody subscribe to this service?
Anybody know about my earlier question about the vehicle calibration information?
I think we can just type in our vin to check to see if our computer needs updated???

Royal Oak, Michigan
ZimmsAv Pics
MountainMax

Love my 8.1

WWW Awards
« Reply #10 on: 05/30/05 08:20 PM »

This is a GM only site, I had access to the canadian version when I worked at the dealership. you can't subscribe to it.

2002 Chevy Avalanche 2500 W 8.1 Litre 4x4
Mods>> Waag Frontrunner and Backrunner, Amber DRL's, Moulded Mud Flaps, Painted Grille, Custom Vortec 8.1 Decals, Sirius Radio, HD Roof Clearance Lights, 50 Watt Fog light bulbs, Three 6" Hella OFF Road Lightc, Corect Track Rear Wheel Spacers, LT 275/75R18 Tires on Ultra Black Wheels
sperry
Silent Avalanche - In Memorial

I'll be right down...

Awards
« Reply #11 on: 05/30/05 08:37 PM »

It's open and free access: http://www.gmtechlink.com

I've posted links in the past to this GM site for the good reading of the topics.

03  Z71 3:73 LPM Cladded. Fact. Roof Rack, TowPk, XM, Gen 6.2 OnStar, leather & heated/mem. Delphi OEM (UM8 INR Nav System W/Bose Luxury audio). BkUp Cam & entertainment on Nav . DIC, DIOd Esc. Platinum cluster, Console DVD W/3 Vizlogic 7 16:9 (two in articultng. '02 HR's & one in pass. visor), 3  A/V inputs/FM headph's. SS893 Fogs, Amber DRL's, All4onHi, All4OnBrake.
sperry

I'll be right down...

Awards
« Reply #12 on: 05/30/05 08:42 PM »

Perhaps you are thinking of GM's SI site. That's about $900 to $1200/year for access.

You can purchase SI access, tools and so-on from SPX Kent-Moore.

Manuals from Helm-Inc.

03  Z71 3:73 LPM Cladded. Fact. Roof Rack, TowPk, XM, Gen 6.2 OnStar, leather & heated/mem. Delphi OEM (UM8 INR Nav System W/Bose Luxury audio). BkUp Cam & entertainment on Nav . DIC, DIOd Esc. Platinum cluster, Console DVD W/3 Vizlogic 7 16:9 (two in articultng. '02 HR's & one in pass. visor), 3  A/V inputs/FM headph's. SS893 Fogs, Amber DRL's, All4onHi, All4OnBrake.
MountainMax

Love my 8.1

WWW Awards
« Reply #13 on: 05/31/05 07:55 AM »

it's not available here in Canada, I tried to buy a subscription for the company I work for now, and Techlink is mostly for people wanting to reprogram their rigs with the tech II and is mostly useless for the normal person, but you can find Tac Tips there as well as bullitings if you have access.. GM is now restricting it's SI2K and most other features to be Dealer Accessable only.......

2002 Chevy Avalanche 2500 W 8.1 Litre 4x4
Mods>> Waag Frontrunner and Backrunner, Amber DRL's, Moulded Mud Flaps, Painted Grille, Custom Vortec 8.1 Decals, Sirius Radio, HD Roof Clearance Lights, 50 Watt Fog light bulbs, Three 6" Hella OFF Road Lightc, Corect Track Rear Wheel Spacers, LT 275/75R18 Tires on Ultra Black Wheels
sperry

I'll be right down...

Awards
« Reply #14 on: 05/31/05 09:09 AM »

SI has access for automotive type businesses, even individuals if they are crazy enough to pay the price Roll Eyes. DealerNet has the SI access for dealers.

Techlink is open for all with tips on issues, new technology info and announcements. The GM "Know how" satellite broadcasts are for the dealer tech personnel training.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: