• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

Instrument cluster and dash lights not working!

xtigerx

I have a problem with the instrument dash lights, none of the lights turn on in the cluster or ac dash when I turn them on with my headlights, I checked all the fuses and they still all good, anyone have an idea?

no my dimmer is on, ive spent  hour figuring it out, cant seem to find out what happen, checked all the fuse replace them and still nothing works, make sure its harness connected, everything seems connected, I think one day changed my head unit and some how my instrument lights stop working, I checked all the wired see if nethign was touching or any shorts, all the wires is good, I have no idea how this happen, I also checked the bulbs there fine too

I don't have any clue if the two are related, but did you try putting your stock head unit back in to see if the lights come back?

ask sperry

Could be in the headlight/dimmer switch itself if everything works. Start checking for power out at the switch. May need a wiring diagram from Sperry though......

yes the power still works, ac buttons work when i push it and it lights and also when I use signal or anything it lights through the cluster but none of the lights that are suppose to be on are lite when ur headlights are on and also I did try putting my stock head unit back still nothing

I'm talkin' about taking a test light or DVOM and actually checking the power out of the switch/dimmer for the lights. The A/C lights and the turn signals on the dash have nothing to do with the dash light circuits. Notice how they would still work when the lights are off during the day? You need to figure out which wire from the headlight switch feeds the dimmer, and which wire comes from the dimmer for the dash lights. Test those, and you'll figure out your problem.  ;)

I had the same problem on my 02 avy bout 6 months ago.  it was my dimmer switch, so i had it replaced and about 2 days later it was out again.  I figured out that the way that chevy grounds the truck is not the best, and when i put a system in my avy something was shorting it out some how.  I redid my ground wire directly to the frame instead of the engine block, and seems to work fine now. 

Back