Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Keep CAFCNA Alive! Become a Supporting Member Today!

Pages: 1 ... 37 38 39 40 [41]   Go Down

Author Topic: how much did you pay for your Av  (Read 244232 times)

JVZL1

• CAFCNA 2018 Premium Member
  • Looking For A Crew Cab Pick UP Drove An AVY
Re: how much did you pay for your Av
« Reply #1000 on: 02/11/18 11:41 AM »

WHY are Avy's being sold for so little??? What's your theory behind this. Same as BMW's from 40k Plus down to 2-3k for 15 yr olds.
 ???

[/quote]

If you look the market is flooded with 1500. There are a few low milers out there. This why
I'm going to have a tough time selling my '03 199k.

It took me three years to find the 2500 I wanted in mileage and price. (with convincing the boss I needed a 2500)

:woot: :woot: :woot: :woot: :woot:
04 4x4 2500 Dark Gray

JV

Vaeagleav

• The Avalanche just keeps getting better!
« Reply #1001 on: 02/11/18 02:36 PM »

I would guess the used vehicle market is "flooded" due to the many floods and disasters that have happened over the last couple of years all over the country and owners are dumping their flooded vehicle before the problems crop up with electronic failures, mold and rust.
Usually we see prices drop on large vehicles when gas prices go up but they have been stable for awhile now.
I would have to think that that on 15 year old vehicles the chemical treatments on the roads in winter have taken their toll on vehicles as well so owners again are getting rid of a vehicle before it rusts out beneath them or they have to spend a ton of money to get it restored.
Then you have potential buyers who want all the electronic bells and whistles to tie into their smart phones and have latest sound system and a 15 year old setup isn't attractive to that type of buyer.
So in the end it boils down to supply and demand.....
2008 Z71 Silver Birch 
2004 Z71 Silver Birch before that.

Blu

« Reply #1002 on: 02/12/18 06:24 AM »

:thumbsup:I'm keeping mine forever...My weekend Caddy and when I need to pull I got it. My last NEW vehicle in this lifetime unless I win the lottery.  :B:
I would guess the used vehicle market is "flooded" due to the many floods and disasters that have happened over the last couple of years all over the country and owners are dumping their flooded vehicle before the problems crop up with electronic failures, mold and rust.
Usually we see prices drop on large vehicles when gas prices go up but they have been stable for awhile now.
I would have to think that that on 15 year old vehicles the chemical treatments on the roads in winter have taken their toll on vehicles as well so owners again are getting rid of a vehicle before it rusts out beneath them or they have to spend a ton of money to get it restored.
Then you have potential buyers who want all the electronic bells and whistles to tie into their smart phones and have latest sound system and a 15 year old setup isn't attractive to that type of buyer.
So in the end it boils down to supply and demand.....
« Last Edit: 02/12/18 06:30 AM by Blu »
05 LT 1500 WBH 4x4 Black, Wind tint, chrome tube side steps, Locking Gas Cap, Airaid Intake box-filter after MAF, Poweraid throttle body spacer, Royal Purple Syn Oil, Pro Comp Extreme 6005 9.5 width, Nitto Terra Grapplers 305/50/20, Magnaflow replace w/blk chrome tip, Hyper Wht Fog lights, Sylvania Cool Blue Night Lights, Amber Day Lites,Painted Frt Lower Valance, Replace Drivers w/Keyless Entry.

Gunhand

• I love the Chevy Avalanche
« Reply #1003 on: 02/16/18 07:32 AM »

Yesterday I picked up my 2004 Avalanche 1500 4WD Z71, one owner with 101,000 for $7,600.00. It's a rust free Nevada truck. There is no "flood" of them for sale here in Southern Nevada, especially 4WD versions.

nwguy

• CAFCNA 2018 Supporting Member
  • TOO OLD to keep doing what I keep doing any way.
« Reply #1004 on: 02/17/18 05:18 PM »

MY '06 LT Z71 was at a dealer site about 50 miles away and I found it again on Cargurus.
Cargurus had it as a "Great Deal" at $7200.

Any other vehicle that was close was at least 2 grand more.
My personal survival code-
I would rather have it and not need it instead of need it and not have it.

Richardvt10

• Its the AVY life for me
« Reply #1005 on: 02/19/18 06:47 AM »

2002 AV z71 1500. 330km on it. Paid 2500$  thats canadian funds.  Bodys awesome needs some minor work done. Still runs and drives.  almost no rust. Just left rear fender near gas cap. Fix that up this summer and shell be minty

grukon

« Reply #1006 on: 03/10/18 05:22 PM »

paid 6100 for my 06.. can anyone tell me the significance of having only 3600 hours on the motor, was told previous owner towed it behind a motor home.

rileysanders

• Avalanche..Who'd have thunk it.
« Reply #1007 on: 03/11/18 01:10 AM »

I DID IT, Found my truck. 08 LT, 103000, $14300, Starburst Orange. Did the deal yesterday, picking her up on Monday. The dealer has a couple things to fix. So excited and thankful for all the information contained in this forum!

ygmn

• Administrator
  • Insert Funny Text Here _______________ .
« Reply #1008 on: 03/11/18 01:55 AM »

paid 6100 for my 06.. can anyone tell me the significance of having only 3600 hours on the motor, was told previous owner towed it behind a motor home.

Well, if one works 40 hours a week 52 weeks a year with 2 weeks off for vacation that would be 2000 hours.

I think the better thing to look at is the hours and mileage and calc the avg MPH of the truck for those hours and that mileage.
I always feel the higher the avg MPH the better as it means more HWY miles and less CITY miles.

as I feel city driving does more wear and tear on vehicles since well tranny goes up and down thru gears, engine goes up and down, more brakes etc etc...

Hope this helps.

Thread Killer ... After I post they die?
2002 Pewter Z66 - Sept 2001
CAFCNA Album
LSU BABY!
YANKEES BABY!
SAINTS BABY!

EXT4ME

• ... I saw a DEADHEAD sticker on a Cadillac ...
« Reply #1009 on: 03/11/18 06:45 AM »

I wouldn't trust the hour reading on any of these trucks.

Mine has reset itself dozens of times since I've owned it.

Not reliable, at all.

:thumbdown:

Congrats on your new truck!

Enjoy it and don't sweat the small stuff like an unreliable hour meter.

Welcome to the group!

:thumbsup:
« Last Edit: 03/11/18 06:55 AM by EXT4ME »
2004 Cadillac Escalade EXT, White Diamond, New Shale front seat leather from The Seat Shop. WeatherTech FloorLiner DigitalFit. Powerflow Pro-Fit Splash Guards. Arnott/Bilstein front shocks and rear air shocks with Arnott air compressor kit. Refinish Restorer. SeaFoam. Goodyear (Now Continental) Gatorback belts. Goodyear Assurance CS TripleTred All-Seasons.

nwguy

• CAFCNA 2018 Supporting Member
  • TOO OLD to keep doing what I keep doing any way.
« Reply #1010 on: 03/16/18 05:11 PM »

MY '06 LT Z71 was at a dealer site about 50 miles away and I found it again on Cargurus.
Cargurus had it as a "Great Deal" at $7200.

Any other vehicle that was close was at least 2 grand more.

THAT IS how I found mine and under pretty much the exact circumstances. Even the price.
A 2006 and It has every bell and whistle on it but the Nav system and the interior is mint.
It was sold in Canada and pretty much spent its whole life in Ontario until brought to the  states for the auction.(I have the service records) they do not use anywhere near the amount of road chemicals we do in Mich. I got under it and it was in great shape.
$7200 with brand new tires on it.
I saw much worse and older ones going for $2000 more.

Should have done this years ago.

My personal survival code-
I would rather have it and not need it instead of need it and not have it.

RatherBeLucky

« Reply #1011 on: 07/17/18 09:18 AM »

Just picked up my first Avy. A 04 Z71 4wd 5.3 with 84k miles. Loaded with all but nav and super clean Southern truck it's entire life. Couldn't find anything even close. They're either going for 250k+ miles/$4500 or 125k miles/$13-15k. I hope I didn't overpay too badly at $9,500, but I feel I got a good ride for the money.

Bluonyx

• Should've bought a Chevy!
« Reply #1012 on: 07/20/18 09:58 AM »

Just picked up my 3rd AV, an 06 Z71 LT 104k miles for 10K, only had 1 owner and I did have to put another 1K in new parts but I don't care. I missed the versatility of it so much, I just had to get one again.

2004 WBH Dark Gray Mettalic, Bought 10/12/04 - Traded in on 9/02/05

New Ride - 2006 Dodge Charger R/T (Road and Track Edition) Midnight Blue Pearl

Hopefully an 08 HHR SS SOON!!!

VTXrider

« Reply #1013 on: 07/24/18 02:24 PM »

Picked up my '03 Z/71 with 134k miles on it about a month ago for $3900!

Bluonyx

• Should've bought a Chevy!
« Reply #1014 on: 07/24/18 02:48 PM »

Picked up my '03 Z/71 with 134k miles on it about a month ago for $3900!

I'm jealous, what a steal!

2004 WBH Dark Gray Mettalic, Bought 10/12/04 - Traded in on 9/02/05

New Ride - 2006 Dodge Charger R/T (Road and Track Edition) Midnight Blue Pearl

Hopefully an 08 HHR SS SOON!!!

texas-elliot

• 2002 Avalanche z71
    • Instagram
« Reply #1015 on: 07/27/18 04:15 PM »

I paid $700 for my 02 z71.  201,000 miles.  Body is pretty clean, interior is clean except the driver seat has some wear and the sunroof shade cloth is missing.  It's not ready to be driven though, needs a transmission, shocks, tires, some brake work, new speakers, alarm is wonky, cluster doesn't work once you start up the truck, ac needs fixing, but it's all there, only thing I'm missing is the original driver front rubber floor mat and a spare tire. 

Davydave

« Reply #1016 on: 07/28/18 10:04 AM »

17k for 2500 8.1 2004 with 35000 miles, rust free amazing condition exterior and interior. Only thing I did was pay $500 for the rust protection with undercoat.
« Last Edit: 07/28/18 10:07 AM by Davydave »

dcannady

« Reply #1017 on: 08/04/18 03:09 AM »

This summer I bought my first- an Ď02 Z71 with 260,000 for $3500. The AC doesnít work, the front passenger arm rest is broke and Iíve got rain leaks in the mid gate and maybe elsewhere.....and itís the rainiest summer anyone here can remember.

getsome4800

• Hope I love the Chevy Avalanche
« Reply #1018 on: 08/06/18 09:25 AM »

New here

2003 Z71 133,000 for $4000.  Very clean (only two small scuffs on the leather seats and rear seats appeared like they were never used) w/weathertech throughout, previous owner was a retired GM mechanic.   Every question I had, he would show paperwork!   Cladding was black and taken care of.   Showed only "pre -rust" in normal midwest climate areas. 

mdovenmuehler

• Vroom Vroom with ma Avy
« Reply #1019 on: 09/19/18 08:30 AM »

2002 Chevy Z71 w/ tow package, custom cooler, custom stereo system, 129k miles. Bought for $6000. It was a great deal for us here in southern Idaho as vehicle prices are very high here.
There is a story behind it.
Basically dealer had it listed for 4000 online which ended up being a listing mistake AFTER we had gone down to the dealership to buy it and inquire on it. The GM came out and informed us that he could not sell it at 4000 and was listing it at 8400, we said no way and to make it right, so he said he would meet us half way at 6k and sold as is, as well informing us it had not gone through the service department. Few minutes later pass, he comes out again and proceeds to tell us he made more mistakes, it had gone through the service department and checked out great, as well he had no idea it had a tow package installed on it AS well it being a Z71 lol. He said he would honor the price and well we had to buy it that day and that moment if we wanted it as he was not gonna deal any other way. So here we are, one avy later, and so far best purchase I ever made, I love this machine.
"Human Faith may be all that's left, without what would I be?"

2002 Z71 W/ TOW PCK :)

abqjohn

• Always wanted an Avy, now I have two
« Reply #1020 on: 09/20/18 06:00 AM »

I think the '02 was $18,000 when we bought it in 2006 or 2007 from the original owner with ~84K on it.  MINT.  Great condition, and pretty much every option they had at the time, except the overhead console, because it has a sunroof.

The '05 I just drove cross country with, I got as part of my mom's estate.  My brother & I agreed on $7500.  It's a blue Z71 with 64K when I got it. It's in good condition, though the A/C went out on the drive home.  There's one body rust spot that I am going to get fixed when I get the money from selling my '02, and LOTS of surface rust on the bottom that i intend to treat & get covered.  I don't figure it will get much worse here in the dessert, but I want to put it in check as soon as I can.  I also hope to have enough money to get the A/C fixed when the '02 sells.

ygmn

• Administrator
  • Insert Funny Text Here _______________ .
« Reply #1021 on: 09/20/18 07:26 AM »

I think the '02 was $18,000 when we bought it in 2006 or 2007 from the original owner with ~84K on it.  MINT.  Great condition, and pretty much every option they had at the time, except the overhead console, because it has a sunroof.

Only one type of overhead console in 2002 and I think all trucks had the same...

they all had was the little one with map lights and cubby hole for sunglasses.
Same one on those with and without sunroofs - Difference is sunroof switch.
Thread Killer ... After I post they die?
2002 Pewter Z66 - Sept 2001
CAFCNA Album
LSU BABY!
YANKEES BABY!
SAINTS BABY!

Fletcher34

• Love the rig!!!
« Reply #1022 on: 09/26/18 09:33 AM »

Bought my 04 last week with 135K miles, fully loaded, with Fabtech 6" lift for $9K. Previous Owner had every maintenance record and receipt ever spent on the rig and the original window sticker. That was a huge factor in the deal. The engine bay is clean enough to eat off of. I feel I probably paid at the top of the market range, but I'm satisfied with the purchase.
2004 Avalanche Z71
136K miles
6" Fabtech Lift
35s
Spectre CAI

TurboStitchCW

« Reply #1023 on: 09/28/18 07:21 PM »

Bought my 02 2 weeks ago for $2000
It's got some body rust (got it from Michigan), but the frame is fine. The brake lines will need some attention soon, but they are holding so far. I'm hoping to get the body rust fixed/body panels replaced before winter shows up.

DecOFlaherty

« Reply #1024 on: 09/30/18 05:24 PM »

2003 in great shape, except very light rust and a broken tac. 

147,000 miles
$2,500
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 39 40 [41]   Go Up

Page created in 0.108 seconds with 23 queries.