• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

Am I Alone

ygmn

This is a Custom Title
Staff Member
Administrator
Charter Member
PM 2024
PM 2023
PM 2022
PM 2021
PM 2020
PM 2019
PM 2018
PM 2017
PM 2016
PM 2015
PM 2014
PM 2013
PM 2012
SM 2011
SM 2010
SM 2009
SM 2008
SM 2007
SM 2006
SM 2005
SM 2004
SM 2003
Am I the only one with no problems on their AVY?

Speak up lets hear how great your is!!

I don't have any with mine although when I first got it I thought I did. It doesn't have a locking steering wheel. I guess they changed that since my 99. Doesn't matter I guess. The fuel is shut off plus the transmission is electronically locked. Plus with Onstar, they wouldn't get too far.

I have had no problems with my AV at all. I am one of the first ones in my area to buy mine back in June 01.

Is there any way to find out what number off the assembly line mine was? I know I got one of the first ones built. Ordered it in April 01.

No problems on THIS Avalanche...

BUT, the first Avalanche I took delivery of last November had metal shavings all over the roof and rear deck - the bozo at the dealership who installed the roof rack neglected to sweep up after himself.

I made them take the truck back, and custom ordered what I have now (they were ordering everything with roof racks and 3.73 axles - I wanted to maximize my ceiling clearance, and plan on towing...)

ed

:mad: :mad:My Avalanche has been nothing but a nightmare....

First the Gate starts leaking water into the rear cargo area and flooded the carpet. Then the hood starts bouncing up and down at 65 mph. The Engine idles rough. I have a total lack of power merging onto the freeway. The damm drivetrain makes a lot of noise so I have to crank the stereo. The alignment won't stay set. The vehicle pulls to either side when applying the brakes on a bumpy surface. The Gas mileage is terrible. The engine won't run properly unless I fill it with 92 octane. The suspension sucks on the freeway.....

OH WAIT... That was my Land Rover :rolleyes:

Nothing to complain about with the AV

Had me worried there for a bit! :eek:

But Funny ;D

I just picked mine up Saturday and drove it 30 straight hours out to California with no major problems. I checked the oil when I got home and it still measures full and I never saw any smoke upon start up. If there are some minor things, is that when driving around town it shifts into 2nd gear really hard and on the highway it pulled to the right for 2000 miles. But it rides smooth with those 70 series tires and as soon as I put the FIPK and the flowmaster on it should get up and go with some growl. :eek:

Mine shifts fine from any gear to the next. THey all feel the same.

My Dad had it for about a week and put a few miles on it, but I had to be back for work today so no time for messing around.

When the truck shifts from 1st to 2nd, in around town traffic, it snaps my head back like it has a "super high performance" shift kit in it. ?Anyone else notice the same?

Oh midlifecrisis, I've got the Av your looking for. Check out the sig.

While that may be desirable at the track, it doesn't sound right - if anything the 4Lx0E is way to soft on the shift - I suggest that you visit your repair guy soonest.

Hmmm...Wow I can't say that happens to me either...I would definitely take it in asap....

I would say either you have a faulty transmission, or the shift points just need to reprogrammed. Could even be the transmission cable, but being that's it's electronic, I don't know if it even has a cable. I would imagine it does. I haven't looked at mine. Either way. It's not right.

GM is aware of the shift problems. I read it on the Tech site today so there should be a fix for it.

I am glad to hear some folks got what they paid for. As for me, well after almost 6 months of arbitration, GM will now be forced to buy back their LEMON. To those of you who got a good one, count your blessings. For those working for GM I'm saying BYE-BYE BOWTIE! I'm spending my hard earned cash somewhere else...

Only problem I have is not having enough time to spend driving mine. Had it for 3 months now love it ;D and and get lot and lots of questions and comments all positive

Everythings perfect..........except damn midgate leak. May have to bring it back a third time, I'll see after it rains this weekend.

Still love it though, and i'll bring it back 1K times if I have to. Make GM lose any profit they made on it that's for sure. Especially with $30/day rental for up to 2 weeks - my experience anyway.

I guess I can also say I've been trouble free for my 4 months of ownership (4 month anniversary today as a matter of fact! :) )

The only problem I have been having is with GMAC. We took delivery on 2/13. It took 3.5 weeks just to get the lease signed and closed. That puts us first week of March. First week of April, I call the dealer finance guy to ask him if the truck was free or if GM is going to want my money. He said send a payment to a GMAC address he gave me. So 2 weeks later, I get a late notice stating a $28 late fee and 2 payments past due. I was told to ignore the fee as GMAC was waiving it. Sent it the DOUBLE FREAKIN PAYMENT. Just got my June payment and guess what... another late fee. Not only that, we are looking to refinance our mortgage to a slightly better rate. When the guy shows me my credit report, the first bit of activity is the inquiry from GMAC and the actual GMAC lease. Fine. But upon closer inspection, they have me 2 months delinquent on my credit report for payment stuff I had to hassle my dealer to get.

Luckily, the lady on the other end of the phone at GMAC phone center in Oregon (I'll protect her identity) was understanding, helpful and sounded kind of cute. That helped ease my frustration!

Hopefully, this will all be in the past and my credit report restored to it's otherwise decent condition :(

Jamie

Almost 4 months to the day, 5600 miles and zero defects. Couldn't be any happier. Well, maybe with a 6L or a DuraMax ;)

Back