• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

1st Complaint About My New AV

C

carrerarod

So i've had my AV for 10 days now and have about 925 miles on it. Tonight was the first time I have driven it at night.

To my great surprise, I had a really bad reflection in the midgate window looking through my rearview mirror. I could see the all the radio lights and some of the dash lights. Made it hard to look at the window. When I pulled up to the house in front of my white garage door with my headlights on, the reflection was soooo bad, I could not see out the rear window.

From what I can tell, it's because the midgate window is not angled (or enough).... :mad:

anybody else have this problem???

Common complaint carrerarod,

You will get used to it and it will no longer be a distraction. Takes a few nite drives but you will get used to it. Also, maybe changing the seat position a bit or mirror angle might help.

carrerarod,

You should see what the reflections look like in my truck. Luckily the weather has been nice enough to take the rear window out and the others down on cruise nights. Also, it helps keep them from breaking ;D

I had the same problem, seemed more noticeable out on open road than in town. I played with the brightness adjustment for the gauges until they were at minimal brightness for effective viewing. It made a huge difference.

I'm with Aegis. Never noticed this problem, and have done plenty of night driving. Maybe seat position exacerbates the problem? Time for an experiment!

It will stand out the best after a good cleaning or windex job....I've noticed this...but doesn't affect my driving...so I learned to get used to it... :B:

I have found the solution for the glare. Follow these directions and you should not have any more glare.

1) While driving, raise your right arm and place hand on the top left corner of the passenger seat where comfortable.
2) Adjust angle of elbow and height of arm until reflection is gone...

;D Problem solved. Total cost...$0

It never really stood out to me till i saw the topic when it first came up. The thing that bothered me more was the reflection of the dash in the drivers side window. That bothered me even before I tinted the windows. :0: I then found that just dimming the dash lights handled the problem.

Back