• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

ANY PROBLEMS WITH YOUR AVALANCHE?

S

shafman1

I am trying to compile a general ?poll on who has had what problem and what the build date is. ?If you have had any of the above problems please let us know and please let us know your build date. ?Also, if your problem has been resolved and it has a TSB number, please list the number and the fix. ?If you really feel want to be helpful, please list the miles you had on your Avalanche when the problem occurred. ?If you haven't had any problems please list your build date and how many miles. ?If you have a problem due to an accessorie please list it as so. ?Thank you! ?I hope this will help us compile a decent problems and answers list for our beloved Avalanches. ? ;)

P.S. I haven't had any problems yet. I only had 1500 miles on my AV. My build date is October 30, 2001.
I have installed the ROSS backup system and will soon be installing the Cadillac Escalade instrument cluster.

Other than the window tape due to deflector installation (which I don't count as a problem) not a problem. Build date of 01/02.

Jamie

I have the seam issue and also have a problem with the midgate leaking now. The TSB for the Seam has been followed, but after 3 times, it still leaks in one well.
Date of 10/01 on the door.

What about the rear window frame cracking??? I hear that's been a problem....mine did and they have ordered a new one.
:-[

I have no problems with mine. It has a BD of 12/01, and it now has 3500 miles on it.

Guest said:
What about the rear window frame cracking??? I hear that's been a problem....mine did and they have ordered a new one.
:-[

Check back window or other. Thanks for the question.

No problems here!

Condensation in lights but Shaf just posted about the TSB.

No problems - built 11/01, 4200 miles (but I plan to check again for water and window cracks this weekend)

Build date of 01/02, 4200 miles since mid-February. Aside from the zipper pull on my jacket getting stuck in the seatbelt buckle, preventing it from unlocking, absolutlely no problems.

Had it in to the dealer for it's first oil change, couldn't find anything to complain about.

-kps. :D

:cautious:Production date 08/01 1.Shimmy in steering wheel 65-75mph
solution: dealer dropped driveshaft & turned 180 degrees
2. Occassional blue smoke at startup. solution: dealer changed pvc valve.
3. Av 3/4" lower on driver's side. solution: Dealer adjusted torsion
screw.
4. Firestone tires feathered after only 6500 miles. solution: dealer replaced all four tires under bumper to bumper warranty.
5. Low harmonic sound coming from front end at 35-45mph in 2WD
& louder in auto4WD. I suspect it is the ring & pinion gears in the front differential. solution: none! dealer does not hear the sound
or hears it but pretends not to :mad:

:) :)
6000 kms working and performing great, going in tomorrow for minor concern. The radio is getting replaced do to the fact it looses time periodicly.
Had the tailgate latch adjusted would not lock properly.
shes been great

8000 miles and no problems. I returned to the dealer for a free oil-change and had them glue a 4" piece of trim on the roof that had come loose. Absolutely the most problem-free vehicle I have ever bought. This compares to my '95 Yukon (which I now love, but had many original problems) needing a new front axle, carpet replaced due to massive water leak, power brake booster replaced, antenna wiring replaced, complete new engine, all under warranty. Apparently GM has come a long way in the last 7 years!

Born on 9/01.Have about 5,800 miles.

I thought I had a leaky midgate,but that problem may be solved.I found that it would not shut fully unless the glass was removed first.A klutzy work-around,but that's OK.

I have had 2 episodes of smoke on startup,but no oil consumption.BUT,I have not made any trips longer than about 30-40 miles.Dealer has not seen it yet.

The surround on the rear glass is cracked and will need to get a new window.I'm waiting til the 7,500 service.If these are all the problems I have,I'll be satisfied.Overall,it is a great vehicle! ;D ;D ;D

Of course this isn't a Presidential Election, but according to the "Polls" so far there are quite a few people who haven't had any problems. I hope more people participate. This seems to be helping other people who might have had the same problem. Also, it also shows how the Avalanche stands as a whole when everyone participates. :D

Ok here are my problems.
Build on 9/01

1. Midgate leaks- dealer has ordered part and just got a letter that they have arrived. Will drop off Monday
2. Rear window cracked-same as above
3. Hard panels 1&2 leak-they say they fixed the leaky panels, but after looking close today they just put some black sealent on the edge of panels 1&2. After looking closely they missed a spot and panels still leak
4. Seeing rust under the rubber mat (New one)-just found this new problem today after cleaning the rear rubber mat. Will take to the dealer on Monday see what they will do to fix this.

I really love my Av but if they don't fix all of my problems I may be looking for a HD CC truck. I really like the whole concept but if I am having problems now I can imagine what it will be like in 3-5 years down the road :(

My Av born 9/01 (25000 4X4 no problems at all. no leaks that I can find, very happy with the vehicle. Only concern is the difficulty fueling, I see that as a minor annoyance. Once your used to it it's easy to deal with. There is a TSB to correct.

Oil gague was broke, fully tacked out, just got it fixed. Miles 2780

I placed one vote in the others category, namely a flapping sound coming from the front hood hinge covers (little rubber flaps) at speeds in excess of 120 km per hour. The dealer told me this is typical where a bug deflector is installed on all Chevy trucks!

Z-66
Built: 9/1/01
Took Delivery: 10/16/01
Miles: 13,167
Problems: Rear Main Seal Replaced 4/9/02
Some leaking in the bed area - 3 new hard covers have
Been ordered

Thats' it... :cool: :D :)

BD 11/1
1.Rear diff has light howl, dealer will fix
2.Occasional creak from right side of rear window, dealer will also fix.
3.Long pause in transmission when shifting from drive to reverse, dealer will fix.
4.Dealer is also going to adjust trans to have more positive shifts.

These fixes will help my towing problem greatly.
No smoke, rattles, leaks, rust(I have the roof rack), everything else is perfect! :D

Front Differential Failed at 1800 miles...,, Dealer found Case Cracked, Bearings, and Gears Shot.., Replaced under Warranty, in one day.., new one fine so far.., but Im listening to it closely still, and will change the Gear Lube at 3000 miles to check how things look.....

I bought a z71 that had 5001 miles on it, it was a demo. The first night I owned it my wife rolled the rear window down, but when she went to roll it back up it was real slow.
I took it back to the dealer the next day and had them look at it. They said that it had the same motor for the windows that the tahao has and that there had been some problems with them. They had a motor in stock and replaced it in about 20 min. I watched the whole thing to make sure everything was ok. works fine now. :)

Only have 700+ miles but so far the only problem has been the rust colored spoting on the roof and under the door seals. The dealer said it was fallout not rust. Does that sound right????

See signature line for build date

Back